sharetrader
Page 175 of 697 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275675 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 6963
    IMO

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    You must be a visitor if you are worried about this levy.
    In 12 short words you describe exactly how you Lefties think. Taxes are all good and fair, as long as you don't have to pay them !!

For the record, I'm not against arrival tax as long as it is spent in the areas it is supposed to be raised for, particularly tourist infrastructure. But how Kelvin is going to make NZ "World leader in destination management" with this is beyond me. I have no idea what he means and I doubt very much he does either, which would be nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    In 12 short words you describe exactly how you Lefties think. Taxes are all good and fair, as long as you don't have to pay them !!

For the record, I'm not against arrival tax as long as it is spent in the areas it is supposed to be raised for, particularly tourist infrastructure. But how Kelvin is going to make NZ "World leader in destination management" with this is beyond me. I have no idea what he means and I doubt very much he does either, which would be nothing new.
    And the trouble with you blinkered right wingers is you don't read the whole release before jumping to conclusions.

"Kelvin Davis said the intention is for funds to be split evenly between conservation and tourism and further work with stakeholders will now be done to decide the best ways to spend the levy’s revenue.
    “We have a couple of options on how to do this and will work through those with our partners, but the main feature of the levy is that its revenue will be set aside for conservation work and tourism infrastructure,” Mr Davis said."
    westerly

Legend

And the trouble with you blinkered right wingers is you don't read the whole release before jumping to conclusions.

"Kelvin Davis said the intention is for funds to be split evenly between conservation and tourism and further work with stakeholders will now be done to decide the best ways to spend the levy’s revenue.
    “We have a couple of options on how to do this and will work through those with our partners, but the main feature of the levy is that its revenue will be set aside for conservation work and tourism infrastructure,” Mr Davis said."
    westerly
    Golly gosh. That ought'a make us the world leader in destination management.

IMO

Seeing what you dont want to see.

I find it int and revealing the labelling , lefties, the dividing , the separation , the them and us , the foe . enemy etc. I never look it that way, but just at what i think is good and fair and right for all not the few .But like trump some want to be divisive, a destructive mindset for NZ imo.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Seeing what you dont want to see.

I find it int and revealing the labelling , lefties, the dividing , the separation , the them and us , the foe . enemy etc. I never look it that way, but just at what i think is good and fair and right for all not the few .But like trump some want to be divisive, a destructive mindset for NZ imo.
    With you being the sole judge of what is fair and right for all and no other views considered. A classic !!

Dilettante

westerly
    Like you I read the statement, which makes it clear that they´ve announced the tax before they consider what to do with the revenue. How can they set it at $ 35 when they have no idea how much they need and what it will be used for ?

p.s. I consider myself slightly left of center in the political spectrum,. After all I voted for John Key each time I could
    Last edited by iceman; 27-09-2018 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Addition

Guru

Well they will have form another working group and that costs money which they must be getting short of.

IMO

Like you I read the statement, which makes it clear that they´ve announced the tax before they consider what to do with the revenue. How can they set it at $ 35 when they have no idea how much they need and what it will be used for ?

p.s. I consider myself slightly left of center in the political spectrum,. After all I voted for John Key each time I could
    Divide and conquer. You are living in a distant past. Adapt or be irrelevant.

You must be a visitor if you are worried about this levy.
    Short thinking. Vivitors don't care if they pick some other nice spot in teh world where they are more welcome. Our so called hospitality (or was it hostility?) industry might care if the visitors stop.

And yes, its not just the levvy. It is hostility in the media when a tourist makeing a driving mistake is beaten up without end while nobody cares if drunken Kiwi teens are killing themselves and others on our roads. It is the animosity against foreign house buyers. Of course do people feel less welcome (including the people who are lawfully here, but might just have a different accent or a non-kaukasian look). People feel less welcome. It is the hostility against immigrants - and against their families - they are not even allowed anymore to bring e.g. their old parents to NZ. All less reasons to visit NZ, and the current populist and racist government is doing nothing to improve but much to deteriorate the situation.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)