sharetrader
Page 178 of 697 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278678 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 6963

Well, when subjected to the harsh light of an independent investigation it appears Meka Whaitiri did indeed bully and assault a staff member. Given her version of events was not the preferred version we can also take it that she is also a liar; a person who holds alternative views of the truth or a person frugal and imaginative in sharing details.

Either way not the sort of person fit for Government and certainly not the sort of person the Maori Caucus ought to be standing beside - the need to be shifting her along a path to getting help she needs.

Not a good look for a "kind and caring " government who has once again be proven not to be kind nor caring.

"After giving careful consideration to this matter, it is my view that the explanation provided to me by Employee A is a more probable explanation as to what happened than the explanation provided to me by the Minister. That is, rather than the encounter between the two of them in the foyer being a face to face encounter as described to me by the Minister, the Minister in fact approached Employee A from slightly behind and grabbed Employee A by the arm,"

IMO

Heres the link to make a little sense of your judging.

Whaitiri report finally released

Leadership shown from our PM
    i hope Whaitiri learns from this and finds a pathway back into the PM's confidence, a 2nd and last chance. It must have been infuriating to miss out on the photo op with the PM and i would be angry too. Being physical or bullying is not the way though even if it is on the lower level end scale. A lesson and reminder to us all about the big difference to being aggressive and assertive, a skill which with a little training can be easily learnt and old patterns erased..

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    It must have been infuriating to miss out on the photo op with the PM and i would be angry too.
    Yup, hard to control those egos. Just gotta be in the pho circle at all costs.

Leadership shown from our PM.
    Bet its not the first time Meka has reacted in such a way. Poor leadership promoting a person to Cabinet based and race and gender rather than competence. The PM was simply damping out a fire she threw fuel onto.

Legend

Heres the link to make a little sense of your judging.

Whaitiri report finally released

Leadership shown from our PM
    i hope Whaitiri learns from this and finds a pathway back into the PM's confidence,..
    ? Why?? .

IMO

You can bet all you want; the TAB prob will take your dough and place some odds.

Heres the redacted version.
    Official report into Meka Whaitiri incident released

You can bet all you want; the TAB prob will take your dough and place some odds.
    With the alleged prior staff turnover in her office I doubt TAB would.

I'm now awaiting a statement from Minister of Employment, Willie Jackson on the acceptability or otherwise of workplace bullying and asault now the report has been finalised. I woudl liek to heere about his progres towards an aim when he says "I want to be a Minister that is part of a Government that brings dignity back to work"

Maybe now he can answer qurstions put to him by Lisa Owen
    Well, we’re talking about Meka Whaitiri here. So if Meka Whaitiri – if the allegations against her are proven, should she go from Parliament all together?
    I’m not prepared to talk about that.
    You won’t tell us what your standards are?
    Well, our standards–
    No, you personally. Do you think, if the allegations against her are proven, that she should go from Parliament all together?
    No, I don’t think it’s right to speculate about Meka at this time. She needs to be given some respect that there’s an investigation in place, so it’s inappropriate for me to comment.
    All right. Let me put it another way – as Minister of Employment, in your view, is there ever any excuse for bullying or physical violence in the workplace?
    Well, of course not. Of course not, and I have a high standard there, as does Meka Whaitiri. But you shouldn’t try and insinuate that she’s guilty already.
    I’m not; I’m just asking you the basic question.
    Yes, but the way you’re asking it, Lisa, is that she’s gone. You know, just because the allegation has been made doesn’t mean it’s true. There’s still a process to go through.

IMO

Why; she has been given a chance to learn to be assertive not aggressive, if she doesn't grow and learn and repeats she will be gone for good. This is a great example of a trickle down behaviour correction; she can lead and change her behaviour by example and many others will follow, right down to ordinary folks in her whanau, city, electorate, country. This may be her lightbulb moment , change behavioural autocratic patterns to empowering, assertive, inclusive behaviours and lead by example, top down.

IMO

IMO

From Spin Off. A light hearted end to the week.Check out Judith Collins expression when Anika Moa converts her to lesbian status.

Good Week, Bad Week: October 5

Dilettante

Why; she has been given a chance to learn to be assertive not aggressive, if she doesn't grow and learn and repeats she will be gone for good. This is a great example of a trickle down behaviour correction; she can lead and change her behaviour by example and many others will follow, right down to ordinary folks in her whanau, city, electorate, country. This may be her lightbulb moment , change behavioural autocratic patterns to empowering, assertive, inclusive behaviours and lead by example, top down.
    Donīt hold your breath Mini. Willie has always advocated different/lower standards and different and more lenient treatment of Maori than other races. Pathetic.