sharetrader
Page 187 of 697 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287687 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 6963

Good onya Labour. Just what we need as a migrant - a drug smuggling, kick boxer, lying, Hells angel associate. Jan Antolik (or what ever name he is using at the moment) will think he has won a lottery. especially when prior drug and robbery charges were dropped. https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/108...cy-behind-bars

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Good onya Labour. Just what we need as a migrant - a drug smuggling, kick boxer, lying, Hells angel associate. Jan Antolik (or what ever name he is using at the moment) will think he has won a lottery. especially when prior drug and robbery charges were dropped. https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/108...cy-behind-bars
    Obviously - there must be more to the story than what the public knows, but doesn't sound good.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Obviously - there must be more to the story than what the public knows, but doesn't sound good.
    No doubt some rubbish on him being in danger of being killed if he goes back blah blah. Even if he is, why is that our problem ? Send him back on the first flight.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    No doubt some rubbish on him being in danger of being killed if he goes back blah blah. Even if he is, why is that our problem ?
    And why would that make it top secret?

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Just the beginning my friend. Momentum will build from here.

Read the interview in todays herald "Builder feels right at home"
    It states " an ex state house kid is now working with HNZ on a 10 year $30 billion plan to deliver more than 30,000 houses across auckland.Chris Aiken heads the business chosen to manage one of Australsias biggest urban regeneration projects working with HNZC to transform homes on about 1000 ha of state owned auckland land.
    The right man for this job.
    Shared equity or Co Ownership sounds like a great idea too. With Govt ; and other partners already operating.

Co-Ownership Housing - A Step Ladder Into Your First HomeThe First ...https://www.thefirsthomebuyersclub.co.nz/co-ownership-housing/

Government looking at shared equity scheme for first ... - NZ Heraldhttps://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid...

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    No doubt some rubbish on him being in danger of being killed if he goes back blah blah. Even if he is, why is that our problem ? Send him back on the first flight.
    Difficult.

I guess if we assume for a moment that we can trust the people who made the decision, than I could think as well about some bona fide reasons for allowing him to stay here. And if there are, it might not be too helpful speculating about them in public.

Question is just - does the current bunch of ministers deserve this trust to make the right decision? Best course of action might be to get a respected retired judge or similar to review and confirm or otherwise the ministers decision.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I'm not going to argue it seems liek a good idea but I look at teh numbers on that first website and cringe. eg
    Example of 3-Bedroom House at Tapuwae Way, Mangere Bridge
    Asking Price $760,000

• First Home Buyer’s Deposit: $38,000
    • Co-Ownership Investment: $190,000
    • First Home Buyer’s Mortgage: $532,000

Really - is home ownership a dream we should be spruiking if a person is up for a $532,000 mortgage for a 75% stake in a property. Seriously - I couldn't sleep at night with that kind of debt on that kind of equity. For a start its about $500 a week in interest payments. Then there is rates and insurance and maintenance on top.

Then there's the issue of risk. Why should the NZ tax payer, via the govt, expose themselves to a $190,000 risk that a private individual isn't prepared to carry themselves. That risk is enhanced because I doubt the maintenance part will be done on the property thus it becomes a depreciating asset.

(And thats comments from me without me doing any due diligence on the First Home Buyers Club - which has a few of my red flag of warning sensors tingling))

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    And why would that make it top secret?
    I can't imagine the reasons for giving this criminal residency should or are "top secret". This most transparent Government in NZ's history (according to the PM) recently criticised the Australian Immigration Minister for keeping secret the reasons for deporting criminals, but here we are using the same tactics to give a criminal residency.
    Surely the public has a right to know the reasons for this unbelievable decision.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12150741
    Last edited by iceman; 29-10-2018 at 02:26 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    ..... Really - is home ownership a dream we should be spruiking if a person is up for a $532,000 mortgage for a 75% stake in a property. Seriously - I couldn't sleep at night with that kind of debt on that kind of equity. For a start its about $500 a week in interest payments. Then there is rates and insurance and maintenance on top.

Then there's the issue of risk. Why should the NZ tax payer, via the govt, expose themselves to a $190,000 risk that a private individual isn't prepared to carry themselves. That risk is enhanced because I doubt the maintenance part will be done on the property thus it becomes a depreciating asset.

(And thats comments from me without me doing any due diligence on the First Home Buyers Club - which has a few of my red flag of warning sensors tingling))
    Apart from risk in shared equity schemes, the money has to come from somewhere and somebody has to pay for the use of it. In the buyers club mentioned, that appears to be the home owner via an unspecified monthly payment. If the government aka taxpayer, who knows?

Rent to buy (lease option) schemes are less common now. Some made a truckload of money from them simply because some lost same. The latter when the lease options were cancelled due to non payment or other breach. They walked away with nothing. For the other party rinse and repeat. I would be wary of the buyers club approach without looking very very carefully into default provisions in the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Difficult.

I guess if we assume for a moment that we can trust the people who made the decision, than I could think as well about some bona fide reasons for allowing him to stay here. And if there are, it might not be too helpful speculating about them in public.

Question is just - does the current bunch of ministers deserve this trust to make the right decision? Best course of action might be to get a respected retired judge or similar to review and confirm or otherwise the ministers decision.
    He is a known associate of Hells Angels, Those guys will be trying to figure out the following trail of questions.

Why did the Govermant give this guy residency?

Did he trade it for something?

What has he got to trade?

Has he traded information about us?

Together with the lenient sentence handed down for previous offending the Tony Soprano of Hells Angels will be wondering if Jan Antolik is his Salvatore "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.