sharetrader
Page 188 of 697 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288688 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    He is a known associate of Hells Angels, Those guys will be trying to figure out the following trail of questions.

Why did the Govermant give this guy residency?

Did he trade it for something?

What has he got to trade?

Has he traded information about us?

Together with the lenient sentence handed down for previous offending the Tony Soprano of Hells Angels will be wondering if Jan Antolik is his Salvatore "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Well Jacinda wants us to read between the lines as per her interview this morning. If I read between the "lines" pardon the pun, I infer that this dude may have sold some of the white powder to a certain partner of our leader, and therefore he used the threat of exposure and that is why they allowed him to stay. That is pure speculation on my part but we are told to read between the lines by her Cindy herself, so those are my tea leaves readings

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Well Jacinda wants us to read between the lines as per her interview this morning. If I read between the "lines" pardon the pun, I infer that this dude may have sold some of the white powder to a certain partner of our leader, and therefore he used the threat of exposure and that is why they allowed him to stay. That is pure speculation on my part but we are told to read between the lines by her Cindy herself, so those are my tea leaves readings
    Hmm interesting. Its not what I read between the lines. My reading was he supplied labour party events and they need to buy his silence. Its a strategy that worked well with the person who supplied the labour sex camp with alcohol we still don't know who that was despite this being the most open and transparent government in the whole of NZ history.

IMO

Take your pick n mix.My guess is he was blackmailing a top allback after providing him with white powder and then photographing said allblack in the snorting act on a bible on the hotel bed with a wanna be senior national female MP.

Be as creative as you want to be, next please.

IMO

Electric Trains saved after all

Excellent, common sense EV all the way on the main trunk line. Also with Maersk soon to be delivering its cargo for wellington, to tauranga instead, then railed to welly there will be plenty of xtra freight wagons using this carbon reducing service..
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 30-10-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post

Excellent, common sense EV all the way on the main trunk line. Also with Maersk soon to be delivering its cargo for wellington, to tauranga instead, then railed to welly there will be plenty of xtra freight wagons using this carbon reducing service..
    No question we will see more of transport, both public and private using electricity which is good news. I just hope, with the upcoming and crazy demise of our natural gas industry, that it doesn't mean we will be importing more coal to keep our power stations going ! That wouldn't be very clean and green.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    No question we will see more of transport, both public and private using electricity which is good news. I just hope, with the upcoming and crazy demise of our natural gas industry, that it doesn't mean we will be importing more coal to keep our power stations going ! That wouldn't be very clean and green.
    Might need to wreck a few more rivers with dams to create enough supply

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Even with all the natural gas we currently have, even a 10% increase in the demand for electricity would put our security of supply under some serious pressure. Electric is good, but we need to transition properly and not the way the current COL think we can. They have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Might need to wreck a few more rivers with dams to create enough supply
    Which have a limited lifespan .. I drive past two dams on the way to work >>

The Roxburgh dam will probably be the first large concrete gravity dam to be decommissioned in New Zealand. The obvious question is, when In 2007, Contact Energy was granted consents to continue operating its dams on the Clutha River for another 35 years. It seems highly unlikely that the reservoir will remain viable until 2042. The most likely scenario is that another major flood will prompt an investigation into the decommissioning issue, but probably only after further significant damage occurs. A major earthquake could also hasten this process.

Decommissioning a large dam is a complex and expensive process that can take decades to complete. The costs involved are significant, and have been estimated at 35-150% in proportion to the cost of dam construction at current values.
    Last edited by JBmurc; 31-10-2018 at 06:44 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Even with all the natural gas we currently have, even a 10% increase in the demand for electricity would put our security of supply under some serious pressure. Electric is good, but we need to transition properly and not the way the current COL think we can. They have no idea.
    Totally agree blackcap. There is huge push to transition towards electricity from fossil fuels but very little thought goes into how we will sensibly achieve this, particularly from the current Government that places idealism much higher than realism.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post

Wellington to Tauranga — But electric trains from Tauranga will only be able to go to Waikanae (some way out of Wellington) as Wellington rail network is incompatible with main trunk network.

And doesn’t it seem strange Kiwirail just ordered another 20 diesel locomotives from China
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”