sharetrader
Page 190 of 697 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290690 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Surely a competent minister would have checked before making a decision.
    Apparently it has only come to his attention now, so he said in the sound bite I heard

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Apparently it has only come to his attention now, so he said in the sound bite I heard
    Ah - the standard ........if you know you wont like the answer dont ask the question technique.

In this historic open and transparent government all questions and information should have been on the table before the decision was made.

Dilettante

"Although I am satisfied you meet the criteria for deportation from New Zealand" says the Minister. What the heck !

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wellington to Tauranga — But electric trains from Tauranga will only be able to go to Waikanae (some way out of Wellington) as Wellington rail network is incompatible with main trunk network.

And doesn’t it seem strange Kiwirail just ordered another 20 diesel locomotives from China
    About 62.5% of main trunk line is currently electrified including the approved Pukekohe line.
    Short stretches to join still.
    Waikanae to P/N , about 1 hour travelling time.
    Te Rapa to pukekohe re 1 hour 20 min.
    Auckland to Tauranga the most profitable route will be in the mix for consideration. Review to consider more/complete electrification.

Its easy to adjust electric trains to run on different voltages etc.

Simon Bridges signed the order for the Electric trains to be decommissioned, up to 10-15 mothballed. This guy keeps making the wrong decisions!. He and kiwi rail went for standardisation with all diesel and ordered and received cheaper but poor performing chinese locos!.

Electric trainscare cheaper then any other locomotives to run and maintain.

Scrapping electric meant 8.000,000 lites a year of diesel use and 12,000 tonnes of C02.
    Kiwis want more freight off roads and on rail.enough of a reason in itself, to reduce our carbon footprint and be responsible and lead by example.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Just the beginning my friend. Momentum will build from here.

Read the interview in todays herald "Builder feels right at home"
    It states " an ex state house kid is now working with HNZ on a 10 year $30 billion plan to deliver more than 30,000 houses across auckland.Chris Aiken heads the business chosen to manage one of Australsias biggest urban regeneration projects working with HNZC to transform homes on about 1000 ha of state owned auckland land.
    The right man for this job.
    Momentum in Porirua, $1.5 Billion over 25 years
    "Ms Adern said the "hugely significant announcements" was expected to see 2900 state homes in Porirua be made "warmer, drier and safer", and there would be an additional 2000 homes - a mix of affordable, KiwiBuild and market properties.

The Government intends to work alongside the Council, community and Ngāti Toa." TV ONE news now

Momentum in Porirua, $1.5 Billion over 25 years
    "Ms Adern said the "hugely significant announcements" was expected to see 2900 state homes in Porirua be made "warmer, drier and safer", and there would be an additional 2000 homes - a mix of affordable, KiwiBuild and market properties.

The Government intends to work alongside the Council, community and Ngāti Toa." TV ONE news now
    I guess with a 25 years time frame they will be safe. Looking at their current record I doubt this government will survive this term ;

But seriously - you are talking about warm fuzzy words. Lots of that from the current government. However - given that they are now more than a year in the job, it just would be nice to see some meaningful results instead of promises they never will be hold to account for.

Just curious - are at least the first 18 homes (of the 10.000 every year - LOL) already released? According to the information at the celebration the lottery winners (new owners) still need to wait for a month or so to be able to move in ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

Facts my friend facts, you dont even have conjecture there lol.

Facts my friend facts, you dont even have conjecture there lol.
    Interesting - so you are calling what is at best a political motivated promise a "fact"? This certainly adds a new dimension to using "alternative facts".

Ahh - I got it, you mean it is a fact that she made the promise.

Problem is just - even Cindy's truth record is not anymore impeccable (remember the Clare Curren story?) - and talking about breaking promises, ah well - lets not go there, shall we?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

Do you know what a hammer is?