sharetrader
Page 192 of 697 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292692 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    No sh1t Sherlock: "[FONT="]Ardern said three weeks was too long for the investigation, and she wanted answers "as quickly as possible". [/FONT]"My expectation is that it is done very quickly, because from what I've seen this hasn't been good enough."

What did Lees-Galloway expect from a lying, drug smuggling gang associate. These Labour MP's seem to live in little happy princess land where all is sweetness and nice. Totally oblivious to reality. The general public knew it was a mistake within nano-seconds. Why would L-G need 3 weeks - other than hope that during the delay the spotlight could be shone on some other incompetent Labour MP who pops their head above the ramparts.
    Did you like her glum face at the press conference ....or was it the jeez I have some stupid ministers
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Meanwhile, letting fees gone at last.
    Renters 'really really happy' letting fees will be banned
    Why? Rents are going to go up to compensate. So not too sure why renters will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Did you like her glum face at the press conference ....or was it the jeez I have some stupid ministers
    I just think its tragic - Adern has such a shallow pool of talent to work with.

How big and how many red flags does a minister (small "m" cos he hasnt earnt a big "M")need before making a sensible decision.

Oh, I'm writing to a person who I immediately identify as a con - by holding a residents visa in another's name. Nope . Nothing to see here.

A prisoner? I wonder if that is the sort of person we want in NZ. Lets not worry about such triffles

Hmm hes in prison for smuggling drugs which not only destroys the life of the user but the users family. I don't know? His mum probably loves him

Well what do you know, hes a Hells Angel Gang associate. Classy.

Whats that I hear? You are a kick boxer. I bet a person in that kind of sport wouldn't threaten an ex-wife. Ex wife - best I dont even go there.

And you say you are scared for your life if you were to be returned to your home country which is in the EU and you can carry an Eu passport which gives you free access to anywhere in the EU. That will never do.

All totally transparent and above board. Nothing of concern here. The lines can be read between without fear or favour. Now where do I sign?

The officials have done a great job and there's no bus near by, but quick now - there a golden unicorn floating past my window.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Why? Rents are going to go up to compensate. So not too sure why renters will be happy.
    I take my hat off to this weird govt. for that move. I have long argued that it is bizarre for agents and prop. managers to charge the tenant when they are very clearly engaged by, and act for, the landlord.
    If it finds its way into an increase in rent - well so be it. That's where it belongs; but I suspect the first thing we will see is many more landlords letting their own properties directly.

N.B. nothing in the above post detracts from my opinion of Phil Twyford as a complete nit-wit who is way out of his depth.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I take my hat off to this weird govt. for that move. I have long argued that it is bizarre for agents and prop. managers to charge the tenant when they are very clearly engaged by, and act for, the landlord.
    If it finds its way into an increase in rent - well so be it. That's where it belongs; but I suspect the first thing we will see is many more landlords letting their own properties directly.

N.B. nothing in the above post detracts from my opinion of Phil Twyford as a complete nit-wit who is way out of his depth.
    Agree with that. And I'm not sure landlords doing it direct will do any favours for prospective tenants. I suspect Landords will find their own alternative channels to find suitable tenants - some of these wont even get a look in. (disc - I always did my own management - the thought of paying an agent had no appeal given the work required)

IMO

Dont judge a book by its cover.

Dont judge a book by its cover.
    In the real world first impressions count.. Would you rent your house to this nice man? https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...fender-in-dock
    Last edited by minimoke; 02-11-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post

Agree that it is bizarre for agents and prop. managers to charge the tenants etc. But I do not think renters will be happy, when ultimately they will be paying more down the track. There is no free lunch in this business. So probably good to legislate for this but not sure what the tenants are going to celebrate.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    In the real world first impressions count.. Would you rent your house to this nice man? https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...fender-in-dock
    Too short.

Too short.
    that was my thought as well. You can legally discriminate against short people - though I am not sure if Short Man Syndrome is a recognized disability