sharetrader
Page 195 of 697 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295695 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 6963
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    If it finds its way into an increase in rent - well so be it. That's where it belongs; but I suspect the first thing we will see is many more landlords letting their own properties directly.....
    I suspect we won't see many more landlords doing that. Most landlords - over 80% - have only one or two rentals and the rules are complex already with more complexity, more compliance, more costs and more big fines coming up. Small time owners already have enough trouble keeping up, and the consequences of ignorance can be serious. And expensive.

I expect most owners who engage a PM now will continue to do so, and self managing owners that run into tenant troubles will seriously consider switching as the cheaper option. And then the PM will recover the cost for them by regularly increasing rent. Something that small or accidental landlords don't always do.

Current line in the sand, info from MBIE, is that 53.6% of rentals are managed by PMs. So we shall see what happens.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    I suspect we won't see many more landlords doing that. Most landlords - over 80% - have only one or two rentals and the rules are complex already with more complexity, more compliance, more costs and more big fines coming up. Small time owners already have enough trouble keeping up, and the consequences of ignorance can be serious. And expensive.

I expect most owners who engage a PM now will continue to do so, and self managing owners that run into tenant troubles will seriously consider switching as the cheaper option. And then the PM will recover the cost for them by regularly increasing rent. Something that small or accidental landlords don't always do.

Current line in the sand, info from MBIE, is that 53.6% of rentals are managed by PMs. So we shall see what happens.
    It's the letting of properties that I suspect owners will do in larger numbers, but will still hand the management to an agency. Back in those ghastly days when I was a residential landlord (yuk) I always selected my own tenants, then handed the management to a prop. manager - after a couple of experiences with managers letting my properties - other than tenant selection they generally did a good job.

Guru

Food for thought re fossil fuel emissions and NZ's role therein:
    https://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2018/11/c...ink-just-once/

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I suspect the irony of your post will escape you.
    Went past without me noticing. Explain?

westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Went past without me noticing. Explain?

westerly
    Are you serious?

Are you serious?
    oh lordy. I really hope he isn't

Are you serious?
    Always
    westerly

IMO

Its the same old sad sack selfish recurring theme. Why do anything ? NZ is too small to make a difference. No responsibility taken , no care given, meme,me me.Whats the use in taking a single step, let alone a first step.
    Being a single use human has its pros and cons ehh lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Its the same old sad sack selfish recurring theme. Why do anything ? NZ is too small to make a difference. No responsibility taken , no care given, meme,me me.Whats the use in taking a single step, let alone a first step.
    Being a single use human has its pros and cons ehh lol.
    What have you done lately to stop all the rubbish that has drifted across from all those rivers in the northern hemisphere

So tell me. What difference will the banning of single use plastic bags make to anything?

(fun fact. NZ uses approx 750,000,000 single use plastic bags a year out of 5,000,000,000,000 used globally every year. That's NZ contributing 0.015% to single bag use. And we only make up 0.05% of the worlds population - looks like we are already doing our bit. Good on us!)

IMO

Yes i hope you've got the message by now. It reminds me of the saying my forbears use to say. "look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves" except in this case its leading by example, informing, making people aware and letting every single human know that their doing DOES make a difference, think global act local etc etc, win/win and a self empowering act.

Trumps rise ispartially due to people feeling disempowered imo btw.