sharetrader
Page 197 of 697 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I see one leader adapting and leading by example.
    The other leader? Dead man driving off a cliff.
    I didn't think James Shaw had a car.

IMO

Hee. Consensus is the coalition has worked well together, disappointed all the predictions about it falling apart and James Shaw has made a great impression all-round.

Some on hear are so scared of the future,and totally blind to the fact ,
    I agree, We've heard so much from the chicken little sky is falling climate change alarmists you can just see the fear coming from all their pores.

that we must adapt and change with the times,
    Thats exactly what I have been saying. I'm pleased you have been paying attention. We will adapt and so will the our grandchildren who will know no different.

adapt or perish,
    Perish? not much evidence of that happening any time soon. Theres only so much you can do to survive a meteor strike or zombie apocalypse.
    embrace the new,or invent new solutions,we cant just keep moving to the next" valley" and stuff that up .
    Some of us thrill at new inventions and embrace thenew. Its kinda nice to know, though that the new is tried, tested and true.

What isn't such a good idea is turning off the current energy supplies with no idea of how to replace it. And those charged with the future obviously have no clue on what it is they are doing - now that is something to be scared of.

I worry for our environment - I dont want to see it covered in windfarms - one of the biggest blights on our natural landscapes in modern times. Nor do I particularly want the worlds rare earth metals exploited to extinction just to make batteries. And I worry for our grandchildren living in an energy poor society, where their forebears stopped the use of abundant resources while at the same time failing to come up with alternative means of generation. For example electric trains and electric cars are going to suck the life blood out of our electricity generation and not a word on suitable replacements

Dilettante

Will Cindy continue to defend the indefensible Immigration Minister who has admitted he did not read the file and took him less than one hour to decide on the "most difficult decision" he's ever made ?
    She told us to read between the line but it now appears the Minister did not read what was on the lines.

Then she, Winnie and other Ministers have blatantly lied and tried to blame National for letting him in, when the facts are he got a visitors visa in 2003 and residency mid 2008, under Labour/NZF Government.
    Ian Lees Galloway is a dead man walking and the longer this drags out, the weaker Cindy looks as she once again does not act decisively when Minsters stuff up.

Good to see Jacinda’s special team is on to it —

It will focus on building New Zealanders' skills, accelerating regions, attracting high-quality investment and "unleashing" small businesses.

A good start from these business guru’s .....can they turn buzzwords that make Jacinda excited into reality

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/108...ons-investment
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Will Cindy continue to defend the indefensible Immigration Minister who has admitted he did not read the file and took him less than one hour to decide on the "most difficult decision" he's ever made ?
    Cindy is the one that needs to look very closely at herself (ILG obviously has his head so far up his own arze he cant see just what he has done is wrong) and consider if she is actually right for the job. She is the one who says this will be the most open and transparent government. But she has allowed this case to be hidden. She has hidden the detail, she has hidden the decision making and she is hiding another incompetent person. It is outrageous that she is allowed to flippantly say "read between the lines". We know we cant trust politicians and here is a perfect example of why you cant - she is complicit in this whole appalling saga. And that the two of them tried to throw the public servants under the bus to cover up their incompetence means the whole NZ public service can have no faith in serving the government in an impartial way.

She should have booted ILG over a week ago. That she hasnt the gumption to do so doesn't make her for to fill the role of PM. She should be gone by lunchtime as well.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good to see Jacinda’s special team is on to it —

It will focus on building New Zealanders' skills, accelerating regions, attracting high-quality investment and "unleashing" small businesses.

A good start from these business guru’s .....can they turn buzzwords that make Jacinda excited into reality

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/108...ons-investment
    Not hard to agree with the diagnosis "New Zealand has productivity disease". While neither rocket science nor new, it is good to see this spelled out by somebody who potentially could impact on government policies.

Not sure, though it can be cured by government policies - it well might be as difficult to cure like the quarter of an acre disease, the 6 foot high board fence disease or the urge to fix everything with No 8 wire ...

Anyway - if they manage to address the productivity issue, than they really could make a difference.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I'm not going to argue it seems liek a good idea but I look at teh numbers on that first website and cringe. eg
    Example of 3-Bedroom House at Tapuwae Way, Mangere Bridge
    Asking Price $760,000

• First Home Buyer’s Deposit: $38,000
    • Co-Ownership Investment: $190,000
    • First Home Buyer’s Mortgage: $532,000

Really - is home ownership a dream we should be spruiking if a person is up for a $532,000 mortgage for a 75% stake in a property. Seriously - I couldn't sleep at night with that kind of debt on that kind of equity. For a start its about $500 a week in interest payments. Then there is rates and insurance and maintenance on top...
    Shared ownership - will taxpayer funds be used to further inflate the property market? We should concentrate on a greater supply of good quality housing. We do not need the further leveraging of buyers into an expensive property market via enormous mortgages by risking taxpayer public funds at the same time!

Boost the security of tenure for good famillies in rental accommodation so that parents do not think that that home ownership is the only way to provide secure housing for their families.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Not hard to agree with the diagnosis "New Zealand has productivity disease". While neither rocket science nor new, it is good to see this spelled out by somebody who potentially could impact on government policies.

Not sure, though it can be cured by government policies - it well might be as difficult to cure like the quarter of an acre disease, the 6 foot high board fence disease or the urge to fix everything with No 8 wire ...

Anyway - if they manage to address the productivity issue, than they really could make a difference.
    This productivity disease has been with us for decades

The ones who just identified it (or parroted past comments) are part of the cause .....and if they knew it they haven’t made much progress in curing it have they?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

There is no chance of that happening. In all the talk of increasing Minimum wage and " the Living wage" not once have I heard there is an expectation that productivity would be expected to lift in order to get the increase. This government is hell bent on lifting wage levels on existing productivity levels.