sharetrader
Page 26 of 697 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Waste of time, clinging to the past with either party. Times and circumstances change, parties policies change as do the MPs. That is why I'm a swinging voter, as objective voters should be. The current difference between National and Labour is really what matters. And that main difference is Labour is over-run with bleeding heart dreamers of little world experience, while National has people of real life experience, although there are a couple of exceptions in both main parties. Neither party will ever get it all right, annd even the worst parties seem to do the odd sensible thing. Your blind acceptance of Labour's every move, and constant disapproval of National's every utterance, has destroyed your credibility.
    Agree with your first 4 sentences. The main difference is National is overun with followers of leave it to the markets, lower taxes(a constant National theme ) lower costs and reduce core Govt. services policies resulting in an ever widening gap between the rich and the poor.
    One area where Labour is open to criticism is their winter power handout. The grant should be made to a power company account and not just handed out in cash.

westerly

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    One area where Labour is open to criticism is their winter power handout. The grant should be made to a power company account and not just handed out in cash.

westerly
    Nice idea. Let's have a guess at the cost of the systems, processes, staff, office space etc etc to do this. And costs for each power co as well as for MSD. Bearing in mind people go on and off benefit sometimes multiple times in a year, change addresses, go into (and out of) care, change power companies, leave the country for long or short periods, die. Probably a few more I haven't thought of.

And why? Because a few people might prefer to spend the money on extra blankets and a few bottles of Johnnie.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Nice idea. Let's have a guess at the cost of the systems, processes, staff, office space etc etc to do this. And costs for each power co as well as for MSD. Bearing in mind people go on and off benefit sometimes multiple times in a year, change addresses, go into (and out of) care, change power companies, leave the country for long or short periods, die. Probably a few more I haven't thought of.

And why? Because a few people might prefer to spend the money on extra blankets and a few bottles of Johnnie.
    When you apply you give a power account number. With computers shouldn't be too hard. And if you live in the park tough, apply to W&I

westerly

Guru

When you apply you give a power account number. With computers shouldn't be too hard. And if you live in the park tough, apply to W&I

westerly
    You forget many of our most vunerable and in need to not have power account numbers....

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Nice chart EZ

Suppose the columns will start getting taller again .....yes?
    Not if GDP keeps going up, which is why National's report card doesn't look so bad. It looks like they've started paying off crown debt, but I don't think they ever did. They were borrowing more to pay the interest on the borrowing, last I heard. National relied a fair bit on an increased population to help with the GDP figures, as there was more turnover and of course the higher house prices, with asset inflation.

I will continue to post the updated chart, no problem. A casual observer can see that National's rule of thumb is for Crown Debt to hover at 30% of GDP, and there is a similar higher unemployment rate they prefer. They make these changes every time they get in. They'll only have to wait another nine years, and they can try it again, see if they get a different result.

westerly
    Yes, although seemingly modest changes can result in costly and time consuming development work, especially when they need to be rushed. Regardless of the automation, staff still need to be trained, reports developed, processes documented; it's all rather complicated and time consuming.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    You forget many of our most vunerable and in need to not have power account numbers....
    Which makes me wonder why it's called a power bonus. It's simply a winter bonus. Can be spent on warming-whisky, or jersey, lotto tickets or coal, wood or toothpaste.

IMO

Whatever.The coalition is treating them as equals, sensible, rational, human beings not disposable unvalued dipsticks. They can warm themselves AND get that little extra treat; warming whisky sounds great, a finger sipped can last a while and warm the cockles of ones heart and fire up the imagination.

Veteran novice

Think of it as a political loyalty bonus, fungus!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Think of it as a political loyalty bonus, fungus!

Loyal! I'm a poltical slut.