sharetrader
Page 272 of 697 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 6963
    Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12273275

Interesting that power companies are hardly down today, despite possible huge changes for them... the government is trying to drive down prices in one way or another = less profits and cashflows for the gentailers = threats to dividends... yet you wouldn't think it looking at the share prices of the gentailers today...
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 03-10-2019 at 01:45 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12273275

Interesting that power companies are hardly down today, despite possible huge changes for them... the government is trying to drive down prices in one way or another = less profits and cashflows for the gentailers = threats to dividends... yet you wouldn't think it looking at the share prices of the gentailers today...
    Perhaps the market sees the power companies, producing power, long after the present govt is in power.?..............lol.

Guru

"These consumers could receive better price deals but for certain reasons do not shop around," Woods said, with the EA pushed to develop a business case for the scheme.

It is because they are lazy. Really that simple.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Perhaps the market sees the power companies, producing power, long after the present govt is in power.?..............lol.
    More likely that the market realises this govt. has achieved next to nothing of what they've proposed.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    "These consumers could receive better price deals but for certain reasons do not shop around," Woods said, with the EA pushed to develop a business case for the scheme.

It is because they are lazy. Really that simple.
    Judgemental comment. Ignorant, not computer savvy , afraid maybe.

IMO

Contrarywise
    "It is understood the Government is backing a recommendation that would force Genesis, Meridian and Mercury to buy and sell electricity in the wholesale market at an agreed spread."
    As expected, the Electricity Price Review recommended against going further by forcibly structurally separating electricity generators from retailers.
    "Woods said the reforms would "level the playing field" for consumers, and the Government would check "in our second term" that the expected savings were passed on to them"

For sure.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Judgemental comment. Ignorant, not computer savvy , afraid maybe.
    Not judgemental at all. At the end lazy. Not computer savvy? Pick up a phone or learn to be computer savvy. Does not take much to read a website. Afraid? Afraid of what? Ignorance is no excuse. If you have the brains to sign a contract for a power bill in the first place you have the brains to end contract and get another with another provider. In my opinion it is pure laziness. I am lazy in that for 5 years I stayed with the same provider even though I knew I was paying more. Could not be bothered to change because it was too much hassle and could not be bothered picking up the phone and checking websites for different deals. Lazy is what I was.

IMO

Yeah leading by example and because you are now there, no mercy or understanding, you are definitely unique and lack empathy for those still to go there. Superior is what you think you are.

Guru

Yeah leading by example and because you are now there, no mercy or understanding, you are definitely unique and lack empathy for those still to go there. Superior is what you think you are.
    I have plenty of mercy and empathy. You do not know me at all. You are judging me on my comments but we are probably at cross purposes. Yes there are some that need help and are not lazy and have genuine reasons. But I do not believe 20% of the population falls into this category. At a squeeze 5%. Those 5% are not lazy. But the rest (and I fall into that category) are. They are comfortable because they do not really care about the extra $5 a month they may be paying or just not motivated to seek out the best deal even though they have the means to. That is who my comment was addressed at. The majority.

Dilettante

In one post you call blackcap judgmental and in the very next post you judge him by saying he regards himself as "superior". Aren't you being a bit judgmental once again on this thread with everyone that does not share your World view (majority of posters), people that you do not know at all ?