sharetrader
Page 274 of 697 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324374 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    What exactly was the housing crisis? I agree there was, and is, a housing crisis for some households. That would include the tens of thousands every year that are mentioned in dispatches in the Tenancy Tribunal. Only a desperate landlord would want them as tenants, so many end up in overcrowded homes with friends or relations, or in motels and other emergency housing.

Perhaps there has not been enough new builds to cater for increased population. Some new builds are spec these days, but most have new owners signed up. (Except for Kiwibuild of course.) Apartment blocks need sales off the plans. 49 Auckland apartment developments that were planned to actually deliver last year didn't - abandoned, deferred, sites sold (Colliers). A main reason will be not enough sales. Reported a few months ago that Pinehill and Albany Heights were oversupplied with new builds.

Reserve Bank bank residential lending numbers shows that lending to residential investors for rentals is well under half mid 2016 - thousands of new rentals not bought or built every month. Why is that do you suppose?

So what exactly is the crisis?
    Artemis - the housing crisis that the media made up ,,just a figurenment if their imagination and far away from reality.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Is that w69 or w69,one never knows which reality is surfacing.
    Aaron there is reset , kiwibuid is still happening on a more achievable realistic scale though

Another 'reset'...or is this just a straight 'back track', it gets hard to tell.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/new...-service-fleet
    In the most recent quarter, in addition to adding five electric vehicles, the Government added a net of 514 non-electric vehicles.
    https://www.labour.org.nz/government...arge_runs_flat

You've gotta hand it to Labour though, at least they're consistent.

Don’t really know what she’s done to deserve the honour but heck we all should be proud of Jacinda getting a Nobel Peace Prize
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

Artemis you are right, there was no real "housing crisis". I think people are starting to see this Government for what they are, a mismatch of politicians making big promises and delivering very little of it. Rents continue going up, Kiwibuild is not happening, they all campaigned on stopping landsales to foreigners but have allowed sales of an estimated 70,000 hectares (2.5x what was sold in National's first 2 years) to foreigners planting trees for Shane Jones, campaigning for reduced immigration but now announcing a policy of recent immigrants being allowed to bring in their parents, introducing GST for fairness but abandoning it forever while Jacinda is in charge.
    Its just a never ending story of broken promises. And now we have NZ First falling to bits from within and them being exposed for the rotten self serving party they really are.
    Last edited by iceman; 09-10-2019 at 09:20 AM.

She has been nominated but I don’t think the prize has been awarded yet. Correct me if I’m wrong.

If you “really don’t know what she’s done to deserve it” you are either letting your political views impede your judgement, or you have been living under a rock for the past 7 months.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Don’t really know what she’s done to deserve the honour but heck we all should be proud of Jacinda getting a Nobel Peace Prize

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    She has been nominated but I don’t think the prize has been awarded yet. Correct me if I’m wrong.

If you “really don’t know what she’s done to deserve it” you are either letting your political views impede your judgement, or you have been living under a rock for the past 7 months.
    If you take a look at those who have been awarded Nobel Peace Laureates and what they have done to deserve it, there is no comparison imo that Ms Adern could possibly rank amongst the worlds great and deserving peace leaders.

Take Nelson Mandela for example, awarded in 1993 after a lifetime of opposing apartheid. Then there's Mother Theresa, Martin Luther King, Dalai Lama and so on and so forth.

Have a look here ... nobel-peace-prize, let us know why you think Ms Adern belongs with these great people.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post

So true, and the Christchurch call to top it off, a catalyst for change and motivation for facebook etc to do the right think, amazing! She's in the top 5 faves deservedly so.
    Here Are the Favorites to Win the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize
    Aung San Suu Kyi should have hers taken off her and perish the thought re trump getting a sniff

IMO

[QUOTE=tga_trader;773909]Another 'reset'...or is this just a straight 'back track', it gets hard to tell.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/new...-service-fleet

https://www.labour.org.nz/government...arge_runs_flat

It sure is way more complicated then they thought , but i love optimists and that they are resetting and trying again, not do nothing and fiddle and pretend theres no prob. yep pick all the low hung fruit push immigration into NZ and bugger the consequences ehh, thanks national.

IMO

Not forgetting the surplus. Super low unemployment= higher tax take and a great surplus to use down the track if the global economy really does turn turtle, reassuring steady pilot grant robertson.

$11 billion black hole ehhh Joyce really helped lose the election for national who now have to rebuild credibility and thats not possible with bridges delusions of grandeur.