sharetrader
Page 279 of 697 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 6963
    IMO

Lots to like, cut red tape, speed things up.Cmon cmon.

More prefab homes

"For manufacturers who prove their systems and processes are compliant, there will be a new streamlined nationwide consenting process for prefabricated buildings that will:
    * Enable the mass factory production of high quality buildings
    * Halves the number of building inspections for factory produced buildings
    * Ensure only the location where a prefab house is installed requires a building consent, removing the possible need for two separate consents"

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    With your unusual attitude i think we had better make alcohol illegal .

I do not believe Marijuana harms brains

I know a bloke, around fifty, who used to be very bright, personable, a real winner in most ways. Then he started smoking cannabis. Today he is unemployed, wifeless, homeless, and totally away with the fairies. Will never work again or return to normal living. His downfall is entirely due to marijuana. Certainly there are many users who don't suffer that much, but then if you ask any school teacher, you'll hear all sorts of stories about young students, users, who can't concentrate, and develop poor memories. Marijuana certainly can harm brains.

I have already said I have no problem with the government making medical marijuana legal, so why are you bringing that up again?

There are plenty of studies around which show that recreational marijuana can have an effect on the brain - particularly the brains of young people. There still needs to be a lot more research done on the subject, but google is your friend, so have a look and see for yourself.

As for your very strange last sentence, I’m not even sure what you were trying to achieve. If you were expecting me to object to your comment, I hate to disappoint you. I never drink and drive. Never have. Never will. So I don’t find it at all offensive when you, or anybody else says “I hope you don’t drink and drive.”

As you say, we already have more than enough health and social issues as a result of excessive alcohol consumption, meth and other hard core drugs, not to mention tobacco use. Some of those are legal. Some are not. Medicinal marijuana should be legal. Recreational marijuana should not. I am entitled to my opinion, as are you. I fail to see how my opinion can be considered an “unusual attitude.”

I am starting to understand why you piss so many people off here. You can make your point on any subject you like, but you don’t always need to get on your “high horse” to do it you know.

I do not believe Marijuana harms brains .Alcohol, Meth, Tobacco yes maam. But hey two of those 3 are legal , what is going here? They kill people as well!!!!
    Obviously there would be age limits and max quantities( thinks it 30 grams in Canberra). I know 2 people who would grow it to ease their spasms, pain and nausea but they cant. Luckily New Zealand has alot of compassionate green fairies who help out these suffering folks.
    I hope like hell you dont drink and drive i really really do. Do you like that? No, me neither.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 11-10-2019 at 09:26 PM.

I do not believe Marijuana harms brains .
    Either you have no first hand knowledge on what it can do to a young mind or just being ignorant. Not because you wanted to smoke and look loco or cool with it doesn't make your exultations about its benefits as valid.

IMO

Whats young minds got to do with anything. R 18 minimum imo,(R21 imo) you know like alcohol, cigarettes. We can all have our say at the referendum, am standing by for another annoucement atm, laters.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 11-10-2019 at 10:10 PM.

IMO

Ethiopian Primeminister Abiy Ahmed has won the Nobel peace prize, working for peace and reconciliation with Eritrea.

Are you kidding me? I have no idea how old you are but it is common knowledge that human brain development continues until around 25 years of age. For some individuals this may occur earlier, but for others it may be later. So it has everything to do with young minds. Not to mention the fact that we all know full well, many kids are smoking and drinking before they reach the legal age. One can expect the same thing if recreational marijuana was legalised.

Whats young minds got to do with anything. R 18 minimum imo, you know like alcohol, cigarettes.

Guru

Ethiopian Primeminister Abiy Ahmed has won the Nobel peace prize, working for peace and reconciliation with Eritrea.
    Sounds like a worthy recipient although I can't claim to know anything about him. Cindy will be gnashing those oversize chompers. The top spot at the UN just got further out of reach without that on her CV. And all the lost photo opps!

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Sounds like a worthy recipient although I can't claim to know anything about him. Cindy will be gnashing those oversize chompers. The top spot at the UN just got further out of reach without that on her CV. And all the lost photo opps!
    Did she make the short list?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    Did she make the short list?
    She was 4th favourite at about a 1 in 10 chance with the bookies.