sharetrader
Page 283 of 697 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 6963
    Dilettante

An interesting article by Brian Gaynor in the Herald today, about the need for infrastructure investment, including our electricity grid. Over the next 4 years around $20 Billion of Government debt matures with interest rates of 5.5-6.1%. Last Government bond issue was at 1.61% so the ability to borrow for infrastructure spending is significant. I wish we could get a cross party agreement on how to tackle the infrastructure deficit, but that is unlikely to happen

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...art-delivering

This hypocritical hijab* wearing grubby politician will sell her grandmother if she needs to and stay in power.

*symbol of oppression of females in most Muslim countries

For the millionth time ... the Muslim community were consulted before Jacinda or anyone else, wore hijabs. The community, including the women, were fine with it and accepted it as the genuine gesture of support and concern, that it was.

You sound so angry whenever you speak about Jacinda. Way more angry than just someone who has an opposing political view. If you’re not careful you’ll give yourself an ulcer.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

This hypocritical hijab* wearing grubby politician will sell her grandmother if she needs to and stay in power.

*symbol of oppression of females in most Muslim countries

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    For the millionth time ... the Muslim community were consulted before Jacinda or anyone else, wore hijabs. The community, including the women, were fine with it and accepted it as the genuine gesture of support and concern, that it was.

You sound so angry whenever you speak about Jacinda. Way more angry than just someone who has an opposing political view. If you’re not careful you’ll give yourself an ulcer.
    Says who?

Muslim community in NZ?

Do you know the leadership of the Muslim community in NZ - I do.

Consultation my big foot !

Jacinda donned the hijab on the advice of her PR team (taxpayer funded of course) with no heed paid to what the hijab actually symbolizes to the Muslim women who are oppressed in the Islamic countries. Only after the condemnation rang out did the bit about consultation came out.

Which part of this does the hijab wearing grubby politician called Jacinda not understand?

"We all have dress codes which function as signals of our personal identities and priorities. Wearing the hijab can certainly be interpreted as signalling religious piety but anyone trying to advocate it as a symbol of freedom misunderstands this concept. Freedom does not include wearing symbols of oppression. Why would anyone want to honour the hijab when Muslim women face violence, imprisonment or even death for wanting to remove theirs? Until we are all brave enough to ignore accusations of racism and ‘Islamophobia’, this abuse of women and girls will continue."

Same grubby politician (champion of females, she asserts she is) who turned a blind eye to the sexual abuse and assault within the Labour Party - that's who.

Care for a Kiwibuild anyone?
    Last edited by Balance; 27-10-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post

Which Muslim community was consulted? There are women in Iran currently receiving lashes and jail time (and not a little either) because they take off their hijab.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Which Muslim community was consulted? There are women in Iran currently receiving lashes and jail time (and not a little either) because they take off their hijab.
    Thank goodness the hijab wearing grubby one did not receive the Nobel Peace prize - it would have been seen by the Muslim countries as a ringing endorsement of their oppression of their female population.

The ‘Muslims’ the hijab wearing one supposedly consulted would certainly had been pushing for her to receive the prize? Wonder why?
    Last edited by Balance; 27-10-2019 at 09:04 PM.

And the grubby one continued to try and milk political capital by wearing the hijab again - impervious to the sufferings of those Muslim women opposed to the very symbol of their oppression.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/chris...-wrong-message

Excerpt : "the next time Jacinda Ardern feels tempted to appear in a headscarf, she takes a moment first to consider that she could well be sending the Muslim girls of New Zealand, and the world, the wrong message"

Despicable behavior but to be expected from the one who turned a blind eye to the sexual assaults in the Labour Party.

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/...ndal-botch-up/

Excerpt : "Having asked her specifically on this programme over a month ago about sexual assault allegations she fronts up Monday saying it's all new news. Then yesterday pretends again that somehow a copy of these allegations has been unavailable to her, and now that she's got her hands on them and read them, "oh my god, this is shocking. What are we to do?" I assume as we sit here, she still hasn't reached out to the complainants themselves to offer some sort of help, assistance, or compassion."
    Last edited by Balance; 27-10-2019 at 09:45 PM.

"Labour had promised to bring agriculture, the most polluting sector of the economy, into the Emissions Trading Scheme in its first term."

NZ First tail wagging the grubby Jacinda dog.

Woof! Woof!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

"Labour had promised to bring agriculture, the most polluting sector of the economy, into the Emissions Trading Scheme in its first term."

NZ First tail wagging the grubby Jacinda dog.

Woof! Woof!
    Look - balance, sometimes it feels you are a secret Jacinda supporter who just wants to get her more sympathy votes.

If you think about your post above (and various other Jacinda attack posts before) they look pretty stupid, don't they? Referring to your latest point - I guess Labour got last time something like 37% (give or take), NOT 51%. Of course can't they do with 1/3rd of the votes everything they promised, they do need to compromise, this is life.

We could have here an intelligent discussion in which areas they compromised too much, and I think there are plenty. They destroyed without need a very successful charter school system just to please their union buddies, they screwed up an urgently needed reform of the justice system and they killed off without any environmental gains gas and oil exploration in NZ destroying tens of thousands of jobs on the way. They screwed up a promised Kiwi build program and they didn't even manage to hire the promised number of police staff. Both cases due to sheer incompetence, not due to the need to compromise with coalition partners.

They promised the most transparent government ever but delivered a sex and booze scandal and attempted to keep the facts for ages under the carpet.

Attack them on the facts and people might vote next time for a better alternative, but not quite sure what you intend to achieve with quite stupid and irrelevant personal attacks of the PM. I don't like her either, but I think at this stage she (as person) might be a better leader than the alternative National would have to offer ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Look - balance, sometimes it feels you are a secret Jacinda supporter who just wants to get her more sympathy votes.

If you think about your post above (and various other Jacinda attack posts before) they look pretty stupid, don't they? Referring to your latest point - I guess Labour got last time something like 37% (give or take), NOT 51%. Of course can't they do with 1/3rd of the votes everything they promised, they do need to compromise, this is life.

We could have here an intelligent discussion in which areas they compromised too much, and I think there are plenty. They destroyed without need a very successful charter school system just to please their union buddies, they screwed up an urgently needed reform of the justice system and they killed off without any environmental gains gas and oil exploration in NZ destroying tens of thousands of jobs on the way. They screwed up a promised Kiwi build program and they didn't even manage to hire the promised number of police staff. Both cases due to sheer incompetence, not due to the need to compromise with coalition partners.

They promised the most transparent government ever but delivered a sex and booze scandal and attempted to keep the facts for ages under the carpet.

Attack them on the facts and people might vote next time for a better alternative, but not quite sure what you intend to achieve with quite stupid and irrelevant personal attacks of the PM. I don't like her either, but I think at this stage she (as person) might be a better leader than the alternative National would have to offer ...
    You may not like her, but you'd have to admit she is the only Labour MP with any charisma, and she has it in bucket loads. If she hangs in for the next election (and I'm not sure she will) they'll get a second term based on no more than her likeability with the hoi-poloi.