sharetrader
Page 284 of 697 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 6963

Some of you are such snobs.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    If she hangs in for the next election (and I'm not sure she will) they'll get a second term based on no more than her likeability with the hoi-poloi.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Look - balance, sometimes it feels you are a secret Jacinda supporter who just wants to get her more sympathy votes.

If you think about your post above (and various other Jacinda attack posts before) they look pretty stupid, don't they? Referring to your latest point - I guess Labour got last time something like 37% (give or take), NOT 51%. Of course can't they do with 1/3rd of the votes everything they promised, they do need to compromise, this is life.

We could have here an intelligent discussion in which areas they compromised too much, and I think there are plenty. They destroyed without need a very successful charter school system just to please their union buddies, they screwed up an urgently needed reform of the justice system and they killed off without any environmental gains gas and oil exploration in NZ destroying tens of thousands of jobs on the way. They screwed up a promised Kiwi build program and they didn't even manage to hire the promised number of police staff. Both cases due to sheer incompetence, not due to the need to compromise with coalition partners.

They promised the most transparent government ever but delivered a sex and booze scandal and attempted to keep the facts for ages under the carpet.

Attack them on the facts and people might vote next time for a better alternative, but not quite sure what you intend to achieve with quite stupid and irrelevant personal attacks of the PM. I don't like her either, but I think at this stage she (as person) might be a better leader than the alternative National would have to offer ...
    Compromise? Not according to the charismatic one - she stood on principles and won the election on that basis.

And nothing tells us more about how grubby she really is than the sexual assaults in the Labour Party she pretended not to know or notice - bad news, see so her natural instinct is to wish it away.

Nothing worse than a hypocrite - and that's the true character of the grubby Hijab* wearing one. She will say and do anything for votes.

Plenty of disillusioned young voters ready to show her next year that they are not the suckers she thinks they are - once bitten, twice shy.

* hijab - symbol of oppression in most Muslim countries
    Last edited by Balance; 29-10-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    What is it about my comment that evokes that response?

So who did the grubby one consulted again regarding wearing the hijab?

Before you answer, I am not bluffing when I wrote that I personally know those* who represent the Muslim community in NZ.

* And they are genuinely sincere individuals who simply want to practice their faith in peace (unlike those in other countries) and are actively involved in steering their youth away from radicals.
    Last edited by Balance; 29-10-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Your assumption that the only people stupid enough to vote for Jacinda, are the hoi poloi - in other words “commoners.”

At least one member of this forum falls into that category. But I’m not the idiot you think I am.

What is it about my comment that evokes that response?

What does that question have to do with being a snob?
    But to answer your question ... it was stated at the time that the Christchurch Muslim community had been consulted.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    So who did the grubby one consulted again regarding wearing the hijab?
    Last edited by justakiwi; 29-10-2019 at 10:15 AM.

What does that question have to do with being a snob?
    But to answer your question ... it was stated at the time that the Christchurch Muslim community had been consulted.
    For the millionth time ... the Muslim community were consulted before Jacinda or anyone else, wore hijabs. The community, including the women, were fine with it and accepted it as the genuine gesture of support and concern, that it was.
    So now it is the Christchurch Muslim community?

Actually, her PR team (taxpayer funded of course) talked to a few Muslims - not those who truly represent the Muslim community in NZ.

I actually spoke to one of the leaders who was in India at the time (on business) to offer my support and condolences.

He flew back (courtesy of NZ government - and it was the right thing to do) to help co-ordinate the Islamic community response to the massacre.

And yes, they were very very pleased with our grubby PM wearing the hijab - after the fact.
    Last edited by Balance; 29-10-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Legend

Your assumption that the only people stupid enough to vote for Jacinda, are the hoi poloi - in other words “commoners.”

At least one member of this forum falls into that category. But I’m not the idiot you think I am.
    It is the majority of the hoi-polio that determines the election outcome. Hoi-poloi means no more than 'the general population'. It is not a derogatory term; neither by the way is 'commoner'.
    My point is simply that the charisma of a candidate accounts for so much in any public election.
    e.g. if the next all black coach was appointed by a public vote it may well go to Scott Robertson, based, not entirely, but to a large extent on his break-dancing.

Given that the incident happened in Christchurch I figured you’d be smart enough to realise I probably meant the Christchurch Muslim community. My apologies for over-estimating your intelligence.

I get it. You despise Jacinda, everything she says or does. That’s your opinion which you are entitled to. I have no issue with you expressing your opinion, even though I completely disagree with it, but I do have an objection to your choice of vocabulary. Is there really any need to use words like “grubby?” You are simply lowering yourself to Trumpian level by resorting to those kinds of personal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    So now it is the Christchurch Muslim community?

Actually, her PR team (taxpayer funded of course) talked to a few Muslims - not those who truly represent the Muslim community in NZ.

I actually spoke to one of the leaders who was in India at the time (on business) to offer my support and condolences.

He flew back (courtesy of NZ government - and it was the right thing to do) to help co-ordinate the Islamic community response to the massacre.

And yes, they were very very pleased with our grubby PM wearing the hijab - after the fact.

I was looking at it as the dictionary does, but if that’s not what you intended, fair enough.

hoi polloi

(hɔɪ pəlɔɪ)

plural nounIf someone refers to the hoi polloi, they are referring in a humorous or rather rude way to ordinary people, in contrast to rich, well-educated, or upper-class people.

It is the majority of the hoi-polio that determines the election outcome. Hoi-poloi means no more than 'the general population'. It is not a derogatory term; neither by the way is 'commoner'.
    My point is simply that the charisma of a candidate accounts for so much in any public election.
    e.g. if the next all black coach was appointed by a public vote it may well go to Scott Robertson, based, not entirely, but to a large extent on his break-dancing.