sharetrader
Page 314 of 697 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364414 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Hope you have someone who's brave enough to share xmas day with ,joyless as it maybe.best wishes.
    I know if I was a Labour Party official I'd be feeling sick as a parrot as long as Cindy is in charge. I'm actually relieved that Cindy's true nature is being exposed for what it is.

IMO

Your true nature you mean.At least you are consistent and thats the sad part.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    It would appear he was handling the accusations quite properly. The police had already dismissed them. The guy worked in Ardern's own office! She says she wasn't aware! And you are trying to paint Haworth in the wrong? Ardern's Chief of Staff didn't inform her? She didn't wonder why the guy was working from home?

Cynical Cindy must even be getting some serious side-eye from the party machine here. Who is the next competent party official acting with integrity to be thrown under the bus?
    It was a media witch hunt from the start. The media were calling for Haworths resignation long before he resigned. https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...legations?rm=a

Even the earlier so called “camp incident” has resulted in all charges being dismissed.
    The extremely unbiased NZ media had a field day over both events.
    You are just showing your political bias in your derogatory comments against the PM

westerly

Legend

I know if I was a Labour Party official I'd be feeling sick as a parrot as long as Cindy is in charge.
    Really? So which one of that lot would you prefer?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    It was a media witch hunt from the start. The media were calling for Haworths resignation long before he resigned. https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...legations?rm=a

Even the earlier so called “camp incident” has resulted in all charges being dismissed.
    The extremely unbiased NZ media had a field day over both events.
    You are just showing your political bias in your derogatory comments against the PM

westerly
    Not at all westerly. A leader of integrity would have stood by their Party President and now be exonerated. Instead she tossed him to the wolves.
    I don't have skin in this game. I'm not enamoured with National either. But Cindy claims the moral high ground and is being proven to be among the most cynical and manipulative PM's we've had since Muldoon. And that's some company!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Really? So which one of that lot would you prefer?
    I struggle to find anyone, which is of course how Cynical Cindy came through. My main point is the nervousness that must exist in the party faithful. Must be some interesting Christmas drinks in the Labour Party offices.

Not at all westerly. A leader of integrity would have stood by their Party President and now be exonerated. Instead she tossed him to the wolves.
    I don't have skin in this game. I'm not enamoured with National either. But Cindy claims the moral high ground and is being proven to be among the most cynical and manipulative PM's we've had since Muldoon. And that's some company!
    Don't have skin in the game. Given your continual derogatory posting against Labour and the PM
    you must be kidding. My bet is if not National you are a hard line follower of one man band Seymour

westerly

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Don't have skin in the game. Given your continual derogatory posting against Labour and the PM
    you must be kidding. My bet is if not National you are a hard line follower of one man band Seymour

westerly
    You'd lose your money

Dilettante

David Chaston on www.interest.co.nz doesn't score the Government highly on economic indicators summarising it like this :

Deputy Prime Minister Winston Peters last year claimed "one year on, and New Zealand has a brighter future" but the evidence is that their first year was a non-transformational toss-up, one where we simply marked time while other countries got further ahead. On the economic front, 2019 has not been a "year of delivery" either, one that has not transformed anything in the economic landscape. That claim turned out to be shallow wishful thinking, rather than heralding an actual political drive.

My view is that, based on the benchmarks above, we have gone from being a nondescript "quite good" to "decidedly average", and that is being generous. New Zealand should be able to do much better than that. It continues to be disappointing to keep on slipping back internationally.

IMO

Benchmarks from that one opinion looked good to me

RISING CONFIDENCE CONFIRMED
    Hard on the heals of the WestpacMM quarterly consumer confidence report, the ANZ-Roy Morgan onefor the month of December was out today and also recorded a lift in sentiment. Consumer confidence lifted +2 points in December to 123, its third consecutive increase and that is now above its historical average. The proportion of households who think it’s a good time to buy a major household item lifted another +3 points to 44%, a solid level.