sharetrader
Page 332 of 697 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382432 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    She certainly is not winning any popularity or integrity contest with the journalists :

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12309329

"It's not affecting the ministries he's responsible for, so why should she become involved, she asks? It's the bigger, donations picture involving the Serious Fraud Office that she should worry about, because it's only a matter of time before this will affect the Government she's responsible for. The monkey approach shows who's really in charge, but she can't forever remain deaf, blind and mute to what's going on around her - the longer she floats above it the more she's seen as a snowflake."

She IS a snowflake - and the more she attempts to protect the toxic Winston, the more she will be revealed to be that and the better for National.

And voters are rapidly coming to the realization she is BUT another grubby politician :

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-disillusioned

“Delivery has been the biggest issue for this government. They have failed on delivering on their big promises of inequality and housing,” Edwards says. “Labour may struggle to mobilise their fanbase come the next election; people are beginning to suspect this government is more interested in style over substance. And the gloss has definitely come off Ardern.”

Housing? BIG FAIL.

Equality? BIG FAIL.

Rule of Law? BIG FAIL.

Keeping promises? BIG FAIL.

No Tax increases? BIG FAIL.

Maori issues? BIG FAIL.
    I could be wrong Balance, but I assume you are not a NZ Labour Party voter????

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I could be wrong Balance, but I assume you are not a NZ Labour Party voter????
    I do not have any affiliation - have voted Labour, National & Act over the decades when their policies are/were in tune with what I believe need to happen.

This current government came in with huge promises and delivered bugger all, except hypocrisy and arrogance in full measure.

I do not have any affiliation - have voted Labour, National & Act over the decades when their policies are/were in tune with what I believe need to happen.

This current government came in with huge promises and delivered bugger all, except hypocrisy and arrogance in full measure.
    Yeah, our PM Jacinda Ardern is internationally in good standing but domestically, she's really spineless re Winston Peters.

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Yeah, our PM Jacinda Ardern is internationally in good standing but domestically, she's really spineless re Winston Peters.
    That's what happens when a politician shows her true colors - all about keeping her job and being in power.

To do what?

So far, Cindy has broken all her 'Let's Do This' promises and using PR-spin to justify doing nothing but spending taxpayers' money on ever more social welfare and creating multitudes more state dependents.

If National has a half-way capable leader, she and this motley crowd of hypocrites would be out comes November.

If National has a half-way capable leader, she and this motley crowd of hypocrites would be out comes November.
    Elections are in September, but anyway ... you are probably right, but so far this seems to be a big "IF".

But who knows - maybe Bridges follows 6 weeks prior to the elections Andrew Littles example and vacates his seat for somebody who can better connect with the people. Hey - this would be amazing, wouldn't it?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 19-02-2020 at 10:56 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Elections are in September, but anyway ... you are probably right, but so far this seems to be a big "IF".

But who knows - maybe Bridges follows 6 weeks prior to the elections Andrew Littles example and vacates his seat for somebody who can better connect with the people. Hey - this would be amazing, wouldn't it?
    And that's precisely what is needed or it's another term of Labour which won't be all bad. At least they won't do anything

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    And that's precisely what is needed or it's another term of Labour which won't be all bad. At least they won't do anything
    ... but rising taxes and adding bureaucracy :
    ----

IMO

This is why national are banging away at winston in an attempt to escape scrutiny themselves.

Hardly - banging away at Winston is an ulterior motive in itself. Maybe somebody needs to tell Winston First that his behavior comes across as incredibly arrogant.

I understand that he tries to compete with Trump and Johnson, but I don't think (or hope) that New Zeland is ready for that much populism - ever;
    ----