sharetrader
Page 34 of 697 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134534 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I thank heaven national stuffed up there, heads should roll but i hope they dont just yet, must be tough in opposition after 9 years .
    Mike Williams was having a dig about Steven Joyce this morning on TV. After all, he was the Campaign Manager. It must be cruel for the Nats. Within a few months, Labour MPs will be able to get their own photos in the press from cutting the ribbons on new newly completed motorways. They can then proudly proclaim what the new govt is doing for NZ, just like National MPs did shamelessly for 9 years. Even though successive govts needed to be planning these motorways for decades.

This time around I expect some help to come for KiwiRail. For instance, Labour will likely reverse the Nats' decision to scrap the electric locos and hardware on the main trunk line. Meanwhile, the new Chinese diesel locos are starting to rust noticeably. Why? They are made of thinner steel than the ones they replaced. What will the lifetime of these cheaper locos be I wonder, and did the bean-counters factor that in?

A new Labour-friendly chair at Callaghan Innovation soon, Pete Hodgson.

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/sue-su...+February+2018
    Last edited by elZorro; 01-02-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Veteran novice

I thank heaven national stuffed up there, heads should roll but i hope they dont just yet, must be tough in opposition after 9 years .
    Mustn't forget that National won the biggest share of the actual vote. I doubt whether there was ever any chance of NZ First choosing anyone but Labour/Greens, given the greater clout that they are able to exert there.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Mustn't forget that National won the biggest share of the actual vote. I doubt whether there was ever any chance of NZ First choosing anyone but Labour/Greens, given the greater clout that they are able to exert there.
    Of course Winston had decided before the election he wasnīt going with National and held the country to ransom for weeks while extracting his baubles from Labour. It is funny isnīt to hear JT and EZ talking about heads needing to roll for a campaign that garnered the biggest number of votes after 9 years in Government. Further more, they continue at same or similar level in recent poll. Labour has alsom risen but only taken from Winston First, which will be wiped out at the next election when theyīre conservative voters realise their mistake.

JT so you think National made a mistake re Winstonīs super, even though there is no evidence forthcoming that they had anything to do with it. Isnīt the real issue that Winston happily excepted a large amount of money he wasnīt entitled to for years and with his knowledge of the super surely knew he was being overpaid. A bit like Turia riding on the gravy train eh !!

But I am sure there will be some rejuvenation in National and so it should be. But it will be in an orderly manner unlike Labourīs constant bloodletting over the last 9 years.

IMO

MMP remember, inconvenient truth eh. And lying to the country to get those votes; the three of them are goners but i hope not for a while . After next election or just before it im thinking.

Nationals strategy of trying to eliminate and politically assassinate Winston was disastrous for them and its hilarious that sycophantic national (but typical national) thought they could grease up winston and negotiate , what a farce. Joyce's head is on the block for more reasons than one
    Holding the country to ransom is fake news iceman , i thought you were better than that.

Gotta say, dont know how many more times I can listen to "pud poverdy behind us"

Dilettante

MMP remember, inconvenient truth eh. And lying to the country to get those votes; the three of them are goners but i hope not for a while . After next election or just before it im thinking.

Nationals strategy of trying to eliminate and politically assassinate Winston was disastrous for them and its hilarious that sycophantic national (but typical national) thought they could grease up winston and negotiate , what a farce. Joyce's head is on the block for more reasons than one
    Holding the country to ransom is fake news iceman , i thought you were better than that.
    You mean like the disgraceful lies about Pike River entry within 100 days lead by Winnie the gravy train rider !!

IMO

No 'holding the country to ransom"
    I have seen the money allocated to pike and the process started to enter the mine. Im not optimistic though with OSH etc, they aren't calculated risk takers at all and stop many good missions dead.

Veteran novice

No 'holding the country to ransom"
    I have seen the money allocated to pike and the process started to enter the mine. Im not optimistic though with OSH etc, they aren't calculated risk takers at all and stop many good missions dead.
    You expect OSH to be "calculated risk takers"?

IMO

Hell no , killjoys, tying shoelaces next and then ties and then picking bellylint and then licking ice creams and then opening envelopes and then smiling and then......

Dilettante

So Winston has discontinued his legal fight with 2 journalists, saying it has been resolved amicably and he got what he wanted. Tim Murphy, one of the people involved says "Ha! Winston Peters abandons action against myself and @LloydBurr , claiming it has been 'amicably resolved' and information required was provided! He got nothing he asked for and walked away tail between legs.... "

I wonder who is lying, again !!