sharetrader
Page 342 of 697 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392442 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 6963
    Dilettante

This is what Cindy is achieving and will continue get worse with their stupid changes to tenancy laws https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12313485
    Hamilton is just like a number of towns and cities around NZ right now, where available rental properties are desperately short in supply

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yes it is democracy and not really a bugger at all, just like it won't be when this useless lot will be tossed out in September with Winston never to be seen or heard again !
    Whilst I hope you are right, I think you underestimate the fickle and entirely uninformed voter.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Whilst I hope you are right, I think you underestimate the fickle and entirely uninformed voter.
    Not really. Just an eternal optimist :-)

Permanent Newbie

Good to see National making a statement about where they stand.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/other...cid=spartanntp

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartanntp

Firmly in what might be described as the neo-liberal corner.

Get govt out of the way and let the free market create a wonderful utopia for us all. How would the free market deal with the Corona virus? It would be interesting to see.

Starting out by not taking a regressive tax like GST off the table would appeal to a lot of individuals who don't think poor people pay enough tax.

If he suggested letting the free markets decide the most important price in capitalism (interest rates if your not sure) I would listen but he is more about keeping the status quo.

His next pronouncements will probably be about law and order and property rights. Always strong on those areas for some reason.

Having Simon Bridges in charge would be the strongest argument for getting govt out of the way that I could think of.

At least John Key smiled and gave us his happy face while he was increasing GST. Maybe Simon needs to smile more. Tough to beat Jacinda's pearly whites though.
    Last edited by Aaron; 11-03-2020 at 10:34 AM.

IMO

Gordon Campbell on the economic stimulus package

Lots of info here and well worth reading the footnotes too.

It's not worth reading if you're looking for unbiased commentary. It's just a personal opinion piece.

IMO

Thats why its worth reading I value his opinions he has great track record as a journalist. If you're after some bias you'll have no trouble finding all those lazy negative knocker scribblers out there,hoskings duplease etc who are after ratings first , followed closely by negativity and bias and slanting..After all why not , it sells.Thats all that matters ehh

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thats why its worth reading I value his opinions he has great track record as a journalist. If you're after some bias you'll have no trouble finding all those lazy negative knocker scribblers out there,hoskings duplease etc who are after ratings first , followed closely by negativity and bias and slanting..After all why not , it sells.Thats all that matters ehh
    Eh - you know of course that he was Greens propagandist?

Dilettante

This Labour and Greens Coalition that has all but shut down the future of our natural gas industry, has now declared coal as an "essential source of energy" and allowed coal mines to stay open during lockdown.
    Maybe reality is starting to hit home. Better late than never.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This Labour and Greens Coalition that has all but shut down the future of our natural gas industry, has now declared coal as an "essential source of energy" and allowed coal mines to stay open during lockdown.
    Maybe reality is starting to hit home. Better late than never.
    Silver lining to this dark cloud. Coal is going to be open for the foreseeable future and maybe just maybe they will do a U turn on the ban on gas and oil exploration.