sharetrader
Page 345 of 697 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 6963
    IMO

Its the miscreants and self justifying everyday people in their selfish bubbles who will make this drag on and on and miss a great chance to deal to this virus. Everyday people thats who. Divided we will fail.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Its the miscreants and self justifying everyday people in their selfish bubbles who will make this drag on and on and miss a great chance to deal to this virus. Everyday people thats who. Divided we will fail.
    I for one don't agree with what our government has done. However I have not flouted the lockdown. I will continue to question the wisdom of many of our governments decisions/non-decisions during this period. The government needs to be held to harsh scrutiny. They are receiving a range of advice from even more severe restrictions to far lesser. There are a variey of options on the table, this government has chosen an incredibly expensive route with no obvious exit strategy, other than hoping on the fast production of a treatment for the virus.

I have even less confidence in WHO and am becoming increasingly concerned about the UN's wider political agenda around this pandemic.

Veteran novice

I agree with your last point, jonu. The UN has become increasingly conspicuous by its absence until recently - but perhaps this isn't surprising given the neglect (contempt?) with which some of the bigger powers treat it.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I agree with your last point, jonu. The UN has become increasingly conspicuous by its absence until recently - but perhaps this isn't surprising given the neglect (contempt?) with which some of the bigger powers treat it.
    Absolutely - Trump in his wisdom killed not only off the US department responsible for preparing a pandemic response (and look, how good this does them now), but he was as well hell bound to financially starve the WHO and the UN. Both the US as well as the rest of the world are now paying a very high price for supporting this idiot.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Veteran novice

To be fair to Trump - though it hurts me to write that! - the poor treatment of the UN by the USA started long before he came along. The biggest economy/strongest power in the world has never taken kindly to the UN telling it what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    The rules are you are not allowed to drive to exercise , should be sacked for being lazy ....mountain bike park was only 2.3 K away ...
    "One form of exercise a day either alone or with people you live with only. This might include running, walking or cycling. You should not drive to get to the place you are planning to exercise."
    That's not quite what they've said. You can drive to the park if it's local. It's not a band on driving. The word "local" is the key and debatable part. Mind you, any risky activity should not be undertaken regardless of locality or transportation method.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    That's not quite what they've said. You can drive to the park if it's local. It's not a band on driving. The word "local" is the key and debatable part. Mind you, any risky activity should not be undertaken regardless of locality or transportation method.
    Goto the website I copied it directly that’s why the quotation marks are there ... so you cannot say that’s not what they said .

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Goto the website I copied it directly that’s why the quotation marks are there ... so you cannot say that’s not what they said .
    Yes, I most certainly can say that's not what they said. You haven't been listening to the PM, Bush or other advisers have you? All have said contradictory things. Even the enforcement is contradictory. This is why the public are rightfully confused and angry.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Thats my understanding too. Using ones commonsense. But plenty of gray areas around what one persons is and how another justifies his ehh.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thats my understanding too. Using ones commonsense. But plenty of gray areas around what one persons is and how another justifies his ehh.
    That's where David Clark failed. He did not use common sense and left himself looking like a complete fool. He is the Minister of Health after all and most certainly should be leading by a perfect example.!