sharetrader
Page 346 of 697 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396446 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 6963
    IMO

Pretty gratifying to see 6 Business leaders giving a big approval to Govt in todays herald.Great comments too , just a few below.

"What score between 1 and 10 do you've the Govt's general performance in handling this crisis so far?"

Mark Cairns CEO POT 8.

Mark Lister Craigs 8

Miles Hurrell Fonterra "its not about point scoring, theirs no playbook for this.Im happy with how its been handled and how they've been receptive to working with businesses

Don Braid "Main Freight" 10 " I applaud their performance. This is the time to support the govt and their objectives.They have united NZ in this battle, and the response from our front line responders has been wonderful; putting others before themselves, and acting with courage and kindness. makes us proud to be kiwis."

Sharon Zillner ANZ 9

Chris Quit foodstuffs 8 and a half.

Predictions of lockdown time from 4 weeks to as long as it takes.

How CEOs are coping with Covid 19 coronavirus: Mainfreight's Don Braid New Zealand's top business leaders on coping with the pandemic.

Ps am trying the herald premium delivered for 8 weeks @ $64. Really enjoying all the content through this lockdown.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    That's where David Clark failed. He did not use common sense and left himself looking like a complete fool. He is the Minister of Health after all and most certainly should be leading by a perfect example.!
    Agree , he stuffed up there for sure but show me a perfect human ( besides balance

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Pretty gratifying to see 6 Business leaders giving a big approval to Govt in todays herald.Great comments too , just a few below.

"What score between 1 and 10 do you've the Govt's general performance in handling this crisis so far?"

Mark Cairns CEO POT 8.

Mark Lister Craigs 8

Miles Hurrell Fonterra "its not about point scoring, theirs no playbook for this.Im happy with how its been handled and how they've been receptive to working with businesses

Don Braid "Main Freight" 10 " I applaud their performance. This is the time to support the govt and their objectives.They have united NZ in this battle, and the response from our front line responders has been wonderful; putting others before themselves, and acting with courage and kindness. makes us proud to be kiwis."

Sharon Zillner ANZ 9

Chris Quit foodstuffs 8 and a half.

Predictions of lockdown time from 4 weeks to as long as it takes.

How CEOs are coping with Covid 19 coronavirus: Mainfreight's Don Braid New Zealand's top business leaders on coping with the pandemic.

Ps am trying the herald premium delivered for 8 weeks @ $64. Really enjoying all the content through this lockdown.

All essential Businesses permitted to continue operating

Would would those on the other end of the Spectrum be saying ?

What about those with Businesses now shut down, facing all the rest of their ongoing overhead costs ?
    (Remember Govt has only relieved them of some wage costs & made provision for guarantee of
    Bank Loans - that is if they survive the duration & they can afford to repay down the track;
    and nothing more)

Or all those about to be made redundant ?

Or those Casuals in Hospitality industries now being cut to No Hours / No Job ?

Would those in later groups be saying something considerably different ?

Just for Balance in looking at things
    Last edited by nztx; 05-04-2020 at 12:45 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Yes, I most certainly can say that's not what they said. You haven't been listening to the PM, Bush or other advisers have you? All have said contradictory things. Even the enforcement is contradictory. This is why the public are rightfully confused and angry.
    And thankfully the police have no enforcement powers to keep us in lockdown. Although Soiman did say he would support the govt if they were to change the law to give the police more power.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    And thankfully the police have no enforcement powers to keep us in lockdown. Although Soiman did say he would support the govt if they were to change the law to give the police more power.
    State of Emergency - means police actually have those powers, I believe?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    State of Emergency - means police actually have those powers, I believe?
    No not yet they do not as Stuff showed the other day. They are still constrained by the Acts. So if you are in a vehicle with someone else that is not your bubble and they pull you over, all they can do is warn you and not arrest you. They can only enter your property if they think that there is someone with covid-19 infected that is harming the greater wellbeing of the public.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...lockdown-rules

WHAT THE POLICE GUIDELINES SAY

The document starts by telling officers there is no curfew in place, and people are still allowed to move around as long it does not have the potential to further spread the virus.

Veteran novice

All essential Businesses permitted to continue operating

Would would those on the other end of the Spectrum be saying ?
    Good point, nztx. There's a certain bias in that "survey"!

Legend

I see just a few essential sectors left unscathed or with minor effects if the lock down continues if no further "Real" (not just Govt pick up a % of Wages) assistance to the other operators & sectors is forthcoming from Govt

There will be a large sea of broken insolvent businesses which will be incapable of being restarted.

The time for Govt is now to wake up & act, not next week

Similarly why are Wages Subsidies in places still not paid out even after 10+ days ?

The Govt must take responsibility for the potential ensuing Shambles it has created, if it expects any sort of real recovery
    & a lot of these businesses to restart, rather than Robertson & mates keeping their mouths shut and heads in the sand

It's all very good & well a Govt adopting a 'Try to save the worker, but sacrifice the Business' approach, but the country
    expects a far far more Responsible Approach from any Government in Power than Labour have shown to date

Guaranteeing Loans for Business doesn't cut it nor any excuse for what they should be doing in times they have orchestrated
    on the Country - Govt needs to come up with the wholesale bucks if they expect any or most business to fare through this
    and that's not a minor"here's a subsidy - keep them employed it all has to land in the employee's hands" type of job

The Unions need to wake up and force Govt's hand on this if they expect their members to even have jobs in the future
    and also get their heads out of the sand as they now are, suggesting closed down companies such as Bauer should have
    applied for the subsidy. In these times some commonsense is expected & Joe Public will be seeing right through
    the Union Media spats for exactly what they represent
    Last edited by nztx; 05-04-2020 at 03:59 PM. Reason: added further

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    I see just a few essential sectors left unscathed or with minor effects if the lock down continues if no further "Real" (not just Govt pick up a % of Wages) assistance to the other operators & sectors is forthcoming from Govt

There will be a large sea of broken insolvent businesses which will be incapable of being restarted.

The time for Govt is now to wake up & act, not next week

Similarly why are Wages Subsidies in places still not paid out even after 10+ days ?

The Govt must take responsibility for the potential ensuing Shambles it has created, if it expects any sort of real recovery
    & a lot of these businesses to restart, rather than Robertson & mates keeping their mouths shut and heads in the sand

It's all very good & well a Govt adopting a 'Try to save the worker, but sacrifice the Business' approach, but the country
    expects a far far more Responsible Approach from any Government in Power than Labour have shown to date

Guaranteeing Loans for Business doesn't cut it nor any excuse for what they should be doing in times they have orchestrated
    on the Country - Govt needs to come up with the wholesale bucks if they expect any or most business to fare through this
    and that's not a minor"here's a subsidy - keep them employed it all has to land in the employee's hands" type of job

The Unions need to wake up and force Govt's hand on this if they expect their members to even have jobs in the future
    and also get their heads out of the sand as they now are, suggesting closed down companies such as Bauer should have
    applied for the subsidy. In these times some commonsense is expected & Joe Public will be seeing right through
    the Union Media spats for exactly what they represent
    Very good couple of posts nztx. I have been reluctant to criticise the Government too much so far but am increasingly concerned about the apparent lack of any realistic plan to assist small and medium sized businesses continuing, tens of thousands of which are going to the wall as we speak. Not helped by the wage subsidies not being paid out. I am also concerned that there appears to be plan whatsoever on how to restart the country again and sadly I don't think this inexperienced Cabinet is capable of it. Some very expensive mistakes are being made I'm afraid.
    Last edited by iceman; 05-04-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Very good couple of posts nztx. I have been reluctant to criticise the Government too much so far but am increasingly concerned about the apparent lack of any realistic plan to assist small and medium sized businesses continuing, tens of thousands of which are going to the wall as we speak. Not helped by the wage subsidies not being paid out. I am also concerned that there appears to be plan whatsoever on how to restart the country again and sadly I don't think this inexperienced Cabinet is capable of it. Some very expensive mistakes are being made I'm afraid.
    There's not one single real businessperson or farmer in the whole freaking cabinet.

That's the problem.