sharetrader
Page 374 of 697 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424474 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond47 View Post
    *sigh*

https://www.parliament.nz/en/pb/hans...00325_20200325

Hon PAUL GOLDSMITH (National): Thank you, Mr Speaker. The National Party stands to support this bill and the efforts of the Government to try and respond to this unprecedented challenge to our way of life and our health and our ability to earn a living and look after ourselves and our families.
    [...]
    Hon TRACEY MARTIN (Minister of Internal Affairs): I rise on behalf of New Zealand First in support of the Imprest Supply (Third for 2019/20) Bill in front of us today—as has been mentioned, $52 billion that the Government is, I guess, seeking from this House to ensure the work that the Minister of Finance and those supporting him have been doing to support New Zealand businesses, New Zealand's self-employed, New Zealand banks, New Zealand individuals, New Zealand homes, and New Zealand families while we deal with what we need to deal with to address COVID-19.
    [...]
    Hon TODD McCLAY (National—Rotorua): I rise with the National Party supporting this legislation, and we do so knowing its importance but also the significant impact it will have on all New Zealanders for so very many years to come. The finance Minister in his intervention earlier said that this is about jobs—saving jobs—and about saving homes, and National agrees with him. Indeed, it's about giving certainty and surety to every single New Zealander and for them to know that this House stands beside them.
    [..]
    Hon JAMES SHAW (Minister for Climate Change): I rise to confirm the Green Party's support for this imprest supply bill.

[...]
    Hon CHRIS HIPKINS (Leader of the House): Following discussions across the House, I seek leave for the introduction and passing through all stages of the COVID-19 Response (Taxation and Social Assistance Urgent Measures) Bill and the COVID-19 Response (Urgent Management Measures) Legislation Bill, and that there be no debate on the first and second readings, and no committee stage of those bills.

SPEAKER: Is there any objection to that process being followed? There appears to be none.
    1st and 2nd readings..
    [..]Third Reading

Hon GRANT ROBERTSON (Minister of Finance): I move, That the COVID-19 Response (Taxation and Social Assistance Urgent Measures) Bill be now read a third time. [...]
    [..]
    Hon PAUL GOLDSMITH (National): Thank you, Madam Speaker. National will be supporting this piece of legislation, the COVID-19 Response (Taxation and Social Assistance Urgent Measures) Bill. Ordinarily, we wouldn't be wildly enthusiastic about rushing through legislation involving tax and social security changes. Ordinarily, you would want to spend many months having a select committee process and making sure that things have been done properly and we're not having unintended consequences, but we understand the need to move swiftly. This is part of the Government's COVID-19 response.
    [..]
    Hon TRACEY MARTIN (Minister of Internal Affairs): Kia ora, Madam Speaker. So I rise on behalf of my colleague Fletcher Tabuteau to contribute on behalf of New Zealand First to the COVID-19 Response (Taxation and Social Assistance Urgent Measures) Bill. New Zealand First will be supporting the bill.
    [..]
    Hon TODD McCLAY (National—Rotorua): Madam Speaker, thank you. The National Party also supports this legislation, and we do so because it's important that we can move on and people can have certainty.

Yep, no mandate.. none at all. Clowns
    Perhaps you don't understand the definition of mandate. Nobody in this country voted for this at the last election. Perhaps if you read Paul Goldsmith's last statement in your quoting of Hansard you may note his underlying concern which I and other posters are reiterating.

A little less arrogance and an abandoning of a sheeple approach would perhaps open your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    With major questions arising over Jacinda Ardern’s judgement in adopting the elimination strategy and imposing one of the strictest lockdowns in the world, the lack of scrutiny of her decision-making is disturbing.

Treasury has quantified the devastating cost to the economy of the PM’s extremist approach. As a result of four weeks of lockdown, unemployment is expected to rise from four per cent to 13.5 per cent – increasing the number of unemployed from 111,000 to 371,000. It’s anticipated that a further $20 billion in Government support will be needed to cushion the blow – in addition to the $25 billion already spent fighting the virus.

According to the OECD, the prime minister’s lockdown will result in New Zealand suffering one of the biggest declines in economic activity in the world

https://www.odt.co.nz/star-news/star...SdSdome_HnP_5A
    About what you would expect from Newman. An opinion from the ACT survival of the fittest guide

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    About what you would expect from Newman. An opinion from the ACT survival of the fittest guide

westerly
    But not a hypocrite, incompetent and/or self-serving Labourite MP & Minister like :

1. David Clark
    2. Clare Curran
    3. Phil Twyford
    4. Iain Lees-Galloway
    5. Deborah Russell

For starters!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post

westerly
    Treasury and the OECD are working with ACT? Remove the blinkers westerly!

Apart from her rant on the RMA it seems an article based on International findings and NZ govt reports. I don't support ACT but she highlights many of my concerns...particularly the ongoing health costs and deaths we will see for the next 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Perhaps you don't understand the definition of mandate. Nobody in this country voted for this at the last election. Perhaps if you read Paul Goldsmith's last statement in your quoting of Hansard you may note his underlying concern which I and other posters are reiterating.

A little less arrogance and an abandoning of a sheeple approach would perhaps open your eyes.
    Jesus wept.. the last election was three years ago. Nobody had this on the radar, nobody could have asked for or given a mandate from the general public.
    Luckily we have a representative democracy, we elect representatives to do the decision making for us on a day to day basis, particularly when time is of the essence and there isn't a chance for a long drawn out public debate and endless committees. And that is what they did.. the representatives elected by the people supported this action, thats the bloody mandate.

And you can take your sheeple comment and shove it right up your arse.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond47 View Post
    Jesus wept.. the last election was three years ago. Nobody had this on the radar, nobody could have asked for or given a mandate from the general public.
    Luckily we have a representative democracy, we elect representatives to do the decision making for us on a day to day basis, particularly when time is of the essence and there isn't a chance for a long drawn out public debate and endless committees. And that is what they did.. the representatives elected by the people supported this action, thats the bloody mandate.

And you can take your sheeple comment and shove it right up your arse.
    At present we are not functioning as a representative democracy. That is the point you are prepared to overlook in your sheeple mentality. Look, I extracted it from my behind and gave it back

At present we are not functioning as a representative democracy. That is the point you are prepared to overlook in your sheeple mentality. Look, I extracted it from my behind and gave it back
    First you complain there was no mandate for the spending and the new (temporary) restrictions on movement etc, then you deny it was a mandate after I provide the hansard of the legislation being supported by all the parties. You're a joke, i can't take you seriously, you're so busy spinning round in your own little bubble its ridiculous. And the ERC is back in session today, we still have opposition parties being represented, just in a streamlined way.
    Last edited by Vagabond47; 28-04-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Treasury and the OECD are working with ACT? Remove the blinkers westerly!

Apart from her rant on the RMA it seems an article based on International findings and NZ govt reports. I don't support ACT but she highlights many of my concerns...particularly the ongoing health costs and deaths we will see for the next 10 years.
    I should have described ACT as survival of the rich. As for the ongoing health costs and deaths, I have a bit more respect for the resilience of Kiwis. I sometimes wonder if the amazing increase in the support sector has been followed by the increase in mental health problems.?
    westerly

Guru

The "spending" is a moveable feast that is largely being (so far) paid to Labour's voter base. The "temporary" restrictions on movement are likely to be eased once an app is available that can track your every movement. Our useless media's only question so far is "when will it be available?" not, will there be a built in expiry date....or what does this mean for our long term civil liberties?

The media lovefeast for Ardern and doting supporters are prepared to give up Civil Rights hard fought for over centuries without giving it a second thought.

Guru

Our useless media's only question so far is "when will it be available?" not, will there be a built in expiry date....or what does this mean for our long term civil liberties?

The (MS) media are complicit in this. They would be quite happy with our civil liberties being taken off us. I too worry about this erosion of privacy. Something our forefathers died for to preserve.