sharetrader
Page 396 of 697 FirstFirst ... 296346386392393394395396397398399400406446496 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 6963

You are being pedantic for the sake of it. My comment was in relation to the current situation only, not a general comment on mental health and suicide. You know what I mean. You are just trying to cloud the issue with an attempt to widen the scope of my comment.

I am out. I going to work now to do what I do best - caring for and being kind to other human beings. Genuinely, not just for my own agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    And what do the mental health 'authorities' (whoever they are) say about not bringing out the data for the benefit of school teachers, social workers, parents, doctors , police, magistrates, the population at large etc? There are experts who point to the benefit of making such things completely open. Very hard to intervene in a problem if you are not aware of the wide extent of the problem. Think about it.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    You are being pedantic for the sake of it. My comment was in relation to the current situation only, not a general comment on mental health and suicide. You know what I mean. You are just trying to cloud the issue with an attempt to widen the scope of my comment.
    I have no idea what you meant, and I have no idea how i possibly could. I am not psychic.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12331181

Butcher commits suicide. 😢

RIP.
    Last edited by Balance; 12-05-2020 at 05:16 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    That one is totally on Labour. The messaging at the time was poor, inept and it was a tragedy that supermarkets could stay open, 4 squares and dairies ok, but not butchers. Unfortunately as Balance has already alluded to, he will not be the last either as the stress of the lockdown starts to take its toll. There will be a heavy price to pay for future generations, with all the subsidy money and bailout money having to come from somewhere. I think the young people are going to end up bearing the burden of the cost. Really sad.
    Last edited by blackcap; 12-05-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    That one is totally on Labour. The messaging at the time was poor, inept and it was a tragedy that supermarkets could stay open, 4 squares and dairies ok, but not butchers. Unfortunately as Balance has already alluded to, he will not be the last either as the stress of the lockdown starts to take its toll. There will be a heavy price to pay for future generations, with all the subsidy money and bailout money having to come from somewhere. I think the young people are going to end up bearing the burden of the cost. Really sad.
    Not just dairies but green grocers too.

Must have been devastating for him to have put his life and soul into the business, built it up over the years - his pride and joy, and to see the business destroyed with zero direct help from this government.
    Last edited by Balance; 12-05-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Legend

Not just dairies but green grocers too.

Must have been devastating for him to have put his life and soul into the business, built it up over the years - his pride and joy, and to see the business destroyed with zero direct help from this government.

It also applies to many Bricks & Mortar stores which were dictated to, to be closed through Levels 3 & 4 regardless of whether they could safely operate.

Add to that small businesses (sole traders) operating quite happily on their own with little or no people contact - again not on Govt's "Essential" list eg Sole Charge Contractors .. but left out by 5-6 weeks left hanging, when they could have been productive.

Legend

Add to the List 'Fast Foodies & Takeaways' which were capable of safe operation - as included on "Essential Businesses" list by Govt Advisers - but that was apparently ignored & negated by the Labour Govt in their infinite ignorant tardy bliss..

The same businesses across the Tasman were considered for most part essential & permitted to operate
    Last edited by nztx; 12-05-2020 at 09:46 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Lot of Aussie based HQs taking the opportunity to tune up their NZ operations and squeeze as much as they can out if NZers wallets.

A few more to come I reckon ...after that NZ Steel pipe division, Hardies fibre cement, Bunnings etc etc
    If you were an Aussie owned Business operating in NZ largely ignored, left with large Losses & out of pocket by the Labour Govt's imposed Lockdown with no real significant relief seen or on the horizon from Govt (and having seen Govt carry employees also at your expense, but also largely ignored your business welfare) - would you not rationalise your NZ operations as well ?
    Last edited by nztx; 12-05-2020 at 09:54 PM.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...ng-fast-enough

The non existent tourism minister Kelvin Davis struggling to explain what he has been doing during the 7 weeks of lockdown.

Too late - as the tourism operators said, all that the wage subsidy did was prolong the inevitable without other forms of government support - the jobs are gone.

Get ready for the mother of all unemployment to surface in 3 months’ time.

Guru

Too late - as the tourism operators said, all that the wage subsidy did was prolong the inevitable without other forms of government support - the jobs are gone.
    It wouldn't be possible to save all the jobs - international tourists are gone for a while so some business just won't survive.
    If this Govt had initiated a lessor lockdown the same would have happened - the borders would still be shut.

You are going to be very busy posting all the job losses - they are expected and will happen. The alternative is that the Govt (us tax payers) support zombie business for at least the year to come.