sharetrader
Page 399 of 697 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 6963
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Yes it is a comment about the government, but he is implying that the financial assistance the government is giving beneficiaries is not “deserved” and would be better spent elsewhere. He would not have made that comment if the recipients of that money were not beneficiaries.
    You might know what he/she is implying. I don't. Also, once again, not being psychic, I am unable to gauge the truth of your second sentence.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    We're meant to trust these cynical incompetents!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...ae-controversy

They remove the word marae from the clause and then reinsert it in the definition! Finally the Greens have something (mild) to say.

Labour would have had a 2 year expiry on this law if not pulled up by National.

The comments of the Human Rights Commissioner at the end of the article are downright chilling.
    This bit is damning of the government as far as I am concerned. We are not in this all together it seems and I have withdrawn myself from the "we" part of society because of this and will do my best to thwart this government at any opportunity:

“For weeks the Government has known that we would be moving to alert level 2. It has not allowed enough time for careful public democratic consideration of this level 2 legislation. There has been no input from ordinary New Zealanders which is deeply regrettable,” Hunt said.

None of us are able to gauge the “truth” about anything in this discussion. It is all conjecture and opinion. And a complete and utter waste of time and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    You might know what he/she is implying. I don't. Also, once again, not being psychic, I am unable to gauge the truth of your second sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    You'd rather that they were on the streets?
    My exact reply was - Nope but there are far far far better alternatives than spending $1,400 per week!

How about leasing any number of venues now available, equip them with furniture and furnishings and house the homeless there? And make sure they help themselves as well - cooking, taking care of the place etc?

Give a man a fish and he is hungry tomorrow. Teach a man how to fish and he will feed himself into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    None of us are able to gauge the “truth” about anything in this discussion. It is all conjecture and opinion. And a complete and utter waste of time and energy.
    Yup - now that a businessman had taken his own life, it’s all a bit too inconvenient to discuss the implications of using a ‘hammer to crack a nut’.

There will be much more pain and suffering In the year ahead - thanks to the ham-fisted one sided way Cindy & her incompetents have mishandled the support to the business community, especially the Mom & Dad businesses.

Seriously? You actually believe any of this is about freaking glory?

Keep trying to bait me into responding to your comments about the person who died (He was a human being by the way - not an “occupation.”)

This is one subject I am not going to bite on, so don’t waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Disgusting? More like the truth hurts, doesn’t it?

Fact is that you & Cindy would love to just bask in the glory of containing the virus.

You are not prepared to face the hard facts however that there are going to be deaths and health problems - of the ham-fisted uncaring one-sided support provided by this ‘kind’ government.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Already too late for the 174 workers laid off by Bunnings as an example.
    You really think those stores were going to stay open if we hadn't had a lockdown?
    I heard at least 2 of them were going anyway (TA and Cambridge).

IMO

Balance should really put himself on ignore. Nothing is taboo with this guy not even peoples lives, what a cheap nasty shot.Unacceptable on this decent Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Balance should really put himself on ignore. Nothing is taboo with this guy not even peoples lives, what a cheap nasty shot.Unacceptable on this decent Website.
    Why?

I commented about unemployment & joblessness & despair leading to suicides, and the likes of justakiwi simply want to bury their heads in the sand about that reality (let's not talk about it).

Now that it has happened, no one is allowed to mention it?

Exactly how spouse, child and sexual abuse used to happen in the past - relentlessly - until society started talking about it, and doing something to bring the cases down.

Pathetic.
    Last edited by Balance; 13-05-2020 at 02:39 PM.

More importantly, we should be able to put a mod on ignore, for our own sanity, but currently we are not permitted to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post