sharetrader
Page 400 of 697 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410450500 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    None of us are able to gauge the “truth” about anything in this discussion. It is all conjecture and opinion. And a complete and utter waste of time and energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    And I am deadly serious, having seen the devastating effect of high unemployment during the late 1980s & late 1990s, that this government better have good policies and help in place for the explosion of unemployment to come when the wage subsidy runs out.
    No conjecture or opinion on my part above - the explosion of unemployment is going to happen.

Buggered businesses due to the lack of any direct government help are not going to be around to employ those who are on wage subsidy life support.
    Last edited by Balance; 13-05-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Balance should really put himself on ignore. Nothing is taboo with this guy not even peoples lives, what a cheap nasty shot.Unacceptable on this decent Website.
    One of the glaring inconsistencies of Level 4 was butchers being unable to open, yet a butchers at a supermarket could.

It is horrible that this has happened. It is tragic beyond belief for the young family left behind. It is also not something that should be swept under the carpet for political expedience.

I and many others have been saying there has to be more than one way to measure the success or otherwise of combatting Covid-19, other than just case numbers. That there would be down stream costs to come from different measures being imposed.

The tragic end to this man's life and reasons leading to that should absolutely be examined, not for points scoring, but to ensure we don't face more of it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    The tragic end to this man's life and reasons leading to that should absolutely be examined, not for points scoring, but to ensure we don't face more of it.
    Would be interesting - I thought that the Mad Butchers were already in trouble for a while?
    A lot of stuff will be 'blamed' on the Govts response by those who want to put it there.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Why?

I commented about unemployment & joblessness & despair leading to suicides, and the likes of justakiwi simply want to bury their heads in the sand about that reality (let's not talk about it).

Now that it has happened, no one is allowed to mention it?

Exactly how spouse, child and sexual abuse used to happen in the past - relentlessly - until society started talking about it, and doing something to bring the cases down.

Pathetic.
    You are a complete embarrassment to this website and country.narcissistic behaviour in extreme.

Why does balance not learn from his mistakes? Because he doesnt make any(in his mind he is a god).

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Would be interesting - I thought that the Mad Butchers were already in trouble for a while?
    A lot of stuff will be 'blamed' on the Govts response by those who want to put it there.
    Only some of the Mad Butchers stores.

For example, the one close to us closed last year and then, re-opened 6 months' later under new owners who proceeded to change its offering with a greater range of products and at better prices.

Mad Butcher stores in the 'poorer' areas have traditionally done well. It was when the stores expanded to more affluent suburbs that those stores ran into trouble.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    You are a complete embarrassment to this website and country.narcissistic behaviour in extreme.

Why does balance not learn from his mistakes? Because he doesnt make any(in his mind he is a god).
    Not at all. Balance to his credit is exercising his right to free speech and open debate. I enjoy his views whether I agree with them or not and we disagree on a lot. There is a saying "sunlight is the best disinfectant". Balance's and others views are the sunlight. There are some real evil (my view) free speech deniers on this website that would rather issues are not aired in the name of kindness and feelings. Well bugger that go somewhere else if you do not like it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Do you mean stuff like not being able to operate your business for 6 weeks while your competitor could? That kind of stuff?

One of the glaring inconsistencies of Level 4 was butchers being unable to open, yet a butchers at a supermarket could.

It is horrible that this has happened. It is tragic beyond belief for the young family left behind. It is also not something that should be swept under the carpet for political expedience.

I and many others have been saying there has to be more than one way to measure the success or otherwise of combatting Covid-19, other than just case numbers. That there would be down stream costs to come from different measures being imposed.

Don't forget about dairies and green groceries being allowed to open, while butchers are not.

Thanks for putting the tragic and horrible death in perspective - Cindy & her bunch of incompetents better have something robust in place to handle the explosion of unemployments to come.

Do you mean stuff like not being able to operate your business for 6 weeks while your competitor could? That kind of stuff?
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...usinesses.html

Try making sense of the repugnant views of Deborah Russell Labour MP (revealing for all, Cindy's government view as well) that it was the fault of SMEs (Mum & Dad businesses)- they were ill-prepared financially to cope with the lockdown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

Well, this is the reality as articulated by the late Roy Green :

"The shop had been turning over $92,000 per week prior to the lockdown but was making no money in level 4, TVNZ reported.

"The money I do have in the bank is all going for outgoings at the moment ... it's a tough struggle," Green said.

The stress of trying to pay everyone was "ridiculous", he said.

"I spend nights awake in bed, some nights I've sat there crying, wondering what I'm gonna do next."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Imagine watching his life savings disappear, with zero direct help from the government who took away ALL of his revenues.

Question : So who really has been uncaring & heartless? Or has not got a clue about what running a business entails?

Then, we have the Health Minister breached lockdown 3 times because he is so much better than everyone else, instead of doing his job.

I am going to go for a walk to cool down - my blood is boiling at the callousness of this government and its ivory tower MPs and ministers.
    Last edited by Balance; 13-05-2020 at 03:38 PM.

If, by some chance, you are including me in this category, you clearly do not understand what kind of human being I am, or the sentiment behind some of my posts/comments. I am not a free speech denier by any means. I exercise my right to free speech here often. I am kind and I am pretty connected to my “feelings” but neither of those are bad things.

I have discussed all manner of issues here, including mental health related issues. Just so you know, I have never claimed that the current economic situation won’t have a negative effect on some people, or that some people may struggle with their mental health. I am also fully aware that some suicides from here on out, may have been triggered by economic/financial stress. I am not stupid. But, I am not going to engage in conversations here, about suicide, that are being used to support a particular agenda. This discussion here is no longer simply a “discussion.” It has become something more, and I for one, don’t like what it has become. And yes, I have contributed to the general discussion. I will not however participate in Balance’s discussion of the poor soul who lost his life. It is disrespectful and inappropriate for Balance to use this man’s death as ammunition or supposed proof, that his “theory” is correct.

So, if you were including me in your condemnation of “evil” free speech deniers, you have me 100% wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    There are some real evil (my view) free speech deniers on this website that would rather issues are not aired in the name of kindness and feelings. Well bugger that go somewhere else if you do not like it.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 13-05-2020 at 03:35 PM.