sharetrader
Page 402 of 697 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412452502 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 6963
    Guru

Well apparently Light Rail won't be one of Labour's "shovel ready" projects. Even though it's meant to be half built by now. Quietly being buried by the looks.

The photo in the linked article must be a tad embarrassing for Twyford and Goff

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300...t-rail-on-hold

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I think that is an interesting question ... and I am keen to get an honest answer from one of the resident Labour supporters.
    Don’t hold your breath, BP.

Comprehensively debunked - the so-called financial help to the business sector, especially to the Mom & Dad SMEs. Not one cent in direct assistance to help them.

It’s all about votes - nothing to do with good sound economic policies of helping businesses to preserve jobs.

This is a government unashamedly using the Covid-19 cover & fiscal spend-up to buy & build up its voters base, using tens of billions of dollars of taxpayers’ funds and debts.

Cindy is as grubby a politician as they come - open, transparent, caring, kind - words used cynically by her to project an image which hides her grubbiness. 👎🏻
    Last edited by Balance; 14-05-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Well apparently Light Rail won't be one of Labour's "shovel ready" projects. Even though it's meant to be half built by now. Quietly being buried by the looks.

The photo in the linked article must be a tad embarrassing for Twyford and Goff

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300...t-rail-on-hold
    Why embarrassing?
    The background poster shows the photo-op is for CRL. That's Heavy Rail, and absolutely
    nothing to do with the ridiculous light rail fantasy project. Lets it's properly dead this time.
    Be more discriminating in your reading of the shallow main stream media, apparently also unable to
    tell the difference between the projects.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    Why embarrassing?
    The background poster shows the photo-op is for CRL. That's Heavy Rail, and absolutely
    nothing to do with the ridiculous light rail fantasy project. Lets it's properly dead this time.
    Be more discriminating in your reading of the shallow main stream media, apparently also unable to
    tell the difference between the projects.
    Fair play....I didn't pick up the difference between the two. The Light Rail cockup still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Fair play....I didn't pick up the difference between the two. The Light Rail cockup still stands.
    Agreed, a dog turd. CRL is a big enough cockup; Billions over budget, years behind schedule, and will never deliver the promises made.
    No worries, the ratepayers and taxpayers have bottomless pockets, those pictured, proud parents can say 'look what I did', while health,
    education and environment crumble due to Austerity, the post 15 August 1971, new, western democratic world order.

https://www.thebalance.com/bretton-w...eement-3306133

https://voxeu.org/article/operation-...n-woods-system

More wage subsidy?

Where’s the help for SMEs? Where’s the kindness and care for Mum and Dad businesses?

As unimaginative and uninspiring budget from Cindy & her bunch of incompetents as any country is unfortunate to get.

Well, she is welcome to the colossal problems (much self- inflicted) of the country and economy for the next 3 years.

The tragic part is that the youth of today and future generations are going to carry the debt & mismanagement burden for decades to come.
    Last edited by Balance; 14-05-2020 at 03:21 PM.

I’ve been sitting here waiting for you to show up and post your “unimaginative and uninspiring” post budget rant. You did not disappoint

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    More wage subsidy?

As unimaginative and uninspiring budget from Cindy & her bunch of incompetents as any country is unfortunate to get.

Well, she is welcome to the colossal problems (much self- inflicted) of the country and economy for the next 3 years.

The tragic part is that the youth of today and future generations are going to carry the debt & mismanagement burden for decades to come.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I’ve been sitting here waiting for you to show up and post your “unimaginative and uninspiring” post budget rant. You did not disappoint
    So where’s the help for the Mom & Dad businesses like the late Roy Green’s business?

This government has the audacity to talk about kindness & care when Cindy & her incompetents are forcing businesses to the wall.
    Last edited by Balance; 14-05-2020 at 03:29 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Yes. He should have called it skimpy, lacking and incomplete. We will learn more much more about it in the next few days than we learnt today..

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    As far as superanuitants go, with out means testing it would be impossible to assist those dependant on super for income. Means testing would bring screams of protest from the "I have paid my taxes brigade and would be political suicide. Not sure how working for large companies (Sky City, Bunnings, or the German owned magazine publisher) helps. As for the less perfoming part of the population do you include sharetraders. ?

westerly
    How does it help to work for big companies? Well, Labor is looking after them, aren't they? Just look at AIR - a huge bunch of corporate bludgers with outrageous salaries and Labor is happy to keep them troughing their big salaries instead of letting them go bust and allowing them to restart a smaller but healthy company with appropriate salaries. Out taxes are funding at the moment 14 posts at AIR with salaries above one million dollar pa and countless jobs with salaries above $250k pa. They don't need most of these roles anymore (given the reduced traffic) and the rest is ways overpaid for a small airline. How is this fair and just?

Obviously - the suffering of the poor butcher didn't interest anybody in Labor. Better pay the pigs at the AIR trough.

Related to your question re the "less performing part of the population" ... well I can't speak for share traders, but in general I am referring to people who expect others to pay for their upkeep despite being grown up and healthy. Not sure whether there are a lot of successful share traders who would do that.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 14-05-2020 at 04:35 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)