sharetrader
Page 414 of 697 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464514 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    92,000 Kiwis downloaded the new COVID tracer app as soon as it was released today, so I think you might be proven wrong.
    But 92,000 Kiwis is only about 2% of the population or 1 in 50. That is not really a big uptake at all.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The beneficiaries definitely do expect the government to fully fund their living - encouraged by Cindy & the Labour Party with the social welfare mindset.

And have you made the suggestion to the tens of thousands of beneficiaries who still smoke, have Sky TV and still drink alcohol?

Have you suggested they plant vegetables and go fishing to supplement the family meals rather than have takeaways?

And please don't write that the above is not true - you just have to drive around South Auckland, especially on benefits day.
    Hardly anything goes to them. plus they pay a minimum of 20% in tax given how GST and the low flat band of PAYE works. what tax does a property owner pay in terms of percent of income..?

Anyway, it will all end up with a business or to a landlord. Money to them is money to the rich but based on trickle up rather than down.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 20-05-2020 at 03:04 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    But 92,000 Kiwis is only about 2% of the population or 1 in 50. That is not really a big uptake at all.
    Isn't it day 1 or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Hardly anything goes to them. plus they pay a minimum of 20% in tax given how GST and the low flat band of PAYE works. what tax does a property owner pay in terms of percent of income..?

Anyway, it will all end up with a business or to a landlord. Money to them is money to the rich but based on trickle up rather than down.
    So you class everyone over a beneficiary rich? I own a business but I definitely would not class myself as rich.
    I work very hard and don't get any handouts.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Pipi View Post
    So you class everyone over a beneficiary rich? I own a business but I definitely would not class myself as rich.
    I work very hard and don't get any handouts.
    Nope. I think you knew what I meant. try not to be pedantic.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Nope. I think you knew what I meant. try not to be pedantic.
    I actually wasn't at all.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Isn't it day 1 or something?
    Exactly, day 2 and 3 a normally a bigger uptake and then drops off remarkably after that... but we will see.

Wow. As someone who has had the unfortunate experience of being a beneficiary in the past, I find pretty much everything you just said, offensive.

The discussion we were having wasn’t about beneficiaries so once again you are dragging up red herrings. We were talking about people who have lost their jobs due to the COVID situation, particularly those on high incomes with high levels of debt.

By the way, just so you know - yes, while I was raising my children on a benefit, I did have a vegetable garden and fruit trees. Takeaways were a once in a blue moon “treat”, the kids and I were were clothed via op shops and my home was furnished with secondhand furniture and appliances. Later on, I studied full time, while bringing up my kids. Your arrogance and ignorance of how the other half live, is not something you should be proud of. Yes there are exceptions to every rule, but just stop with the beneficiary bashing. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The beneficiaries definitely do expect the government to fully fund their living - encouraged by Cindy & the Labour Party with the social welfare mindset.

And have you made the suggestion to cut back on other than the absolute necessities of life to the tens of thousands of beneficiaries who still smoke, have Sky TV and still drink alcohol?

Have you suggested they plant vegetables & fruits and go fishing to supplement the family meals rather than have takeaways?

And have you suggested they go out and do charitable & community work rather than stay at home wasting their time?

And please don't write that the above is not true - you only have to drive around South Auckland, especially on benefits day, to see how true the above is.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 20-05-2020 at 03:29 PM.

Today was day one. The app was only released today, so I kind of think 92,000 is a pretty significant number.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Last edited by justakiwi; 20-05-2020 at 03:29 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Wow. As someone who has had the unfortunate experience of being a beneficiary in the past, I find pretty much everything you just said, offensive.

The discussion we were having wasn’t about beneficiaries so once again you are dragging up red herrings. We were talking about people who have lost their jobs due to the COVID situation, particularly those on high incomes with high levels of debt.

By the way, just so you know - yes, while I was raising my children on a benefit, I did have a vegetable garden and fruit trees. Takeaways were a once in a blue moon “treat”, the kids and were were clothed via op shops and my home was furnished with secondhand furniture and appliances. Later on, I studied full time, while bringing up my kids. Your arrogance and ignorance of how the other half live, is not something you should be proud of. Yes there are exceptions to every rule, but just stop with the beneficiary bashing. You’re embarrassing yourself.
    In the UK they are being given close to a full salary on the taxpayer. In Australia there is a neglible difference compared to a minimum wage role compared to welfare.

Here there is an almost 100% improvement if you take full-time work. the poor have been treated poorly under many governments here sadly.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 20-05-2020 at 04:02 PM.