sharetrader
Page 415 of 697 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425465515 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The beneficiaries definitely do expect the government to fully fund their
    And please don't write that the above is not true - you only have to drive around South Auckland, especially on benefits day, to see how true the above is.
    Why would you be driving around South Auckland ? Rubbernecking at the poor?

And from my observation, beneficiaries and superanuitants havwe always been better off under a National Govt.

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Why would you be driving around South Auckland ? Rubbernecking at the poor?

And from my observation, beneficiaries and superanuitants havwe always been better off under a National Govt.

westerly
    Because I have friends who live in South Auckland (Papatoeoe, Takanini & Papakura) - hard working self-employed individuals who can only afford to live there while they build up their businesses. One young couple works more than 12 hour days (7.30 am to 9 pm) 7 days a week - doing plastering. Another runs a hair-dressing business which operates everyday from 10 am until 9 pm. They all grow most of their own vegetables and fruits in their small gardens.

Meanwhile, they look and wonder at the unemployeds in their area who laze around the whole day, smoke like chimneys, watch sports on Sky TV and eat KFC & other takeaways while living in Kainga Ora provided accommodation.
    Last edited by Balance; 20-05-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Meanwhile, they look and wonder at the unemployeds in their area who laze around the whole day, smoke like chimneys, watch sports on Sky TV and eat KFC & other takeaways while living in Kainga Ora provided accommodation.
    Superannuants aren't any better are they.. or do they belong to a more correct ethnicity? They can't rebel in a meaningful way or do crime so subsidies to them are less important if politics wasn't an issue. You invest in those with potential if you want a positive future which is not the old who didn't save with ample opportunity.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 20-05-2020 at 06:21 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Superannuants aren't any better are they.. or do they belong to a more correct ethnicity?
    Ummm...that would have to be among the most foolish comments I have read on this thread. A cynical attempt to play the race card. Since when does national super have a race component to claim it?

Guru

It was clear he was pivoting towards certain demographics through his comments so I simply responded to that.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 20-05-2020 at 06:17 PM.

It was clear he was pivoting towards certain demographics through his comments so I simply responded to that.
    A government hell bent on entrenching the dependence of beneficiaries on the government, in turn building up its voter base - so transparent for anyone with objective eyes to see.
    Last edited by Balance; 20-05-2020 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Ummm...that would have to be among the most foolish comments I have read on this thread. A cynical attempt to play the race card. Since when does national super have a race component to claim it?
    Interesting question. I've completed a National Super application form ( IIRC 23pages ) and the application form requires an ethnicity declaration. Must be relevant surely?

See;
    https://www.workandincome.govt.nz/do...pplication.pdf

Question14
    Last edited by greater fool; 20-05-2020 at 08:23 PM. Reason: added url

Veteran novice

No doubt you've seen the official reason.

"We collect this
    information for statistics
    we use in research and
    future development work."

Whatever that means.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    No doubt you've seen the official reason.

"We collect this
    information for statistics
    we use in research and
    future development work."

Whatever that means.
    Page 23. Meaning quite clear I'd say.

you-may-be-declined.jpg

Page 24. Even clearer. If you put "Jedi Knight", chop chop.

True&complete.jpg
    Last edited by greater fool; 20-05-2020 at 09:17 PM.

Dilettante

These people all have better things to do than be questioned by political figures. Shame on national for trying to divert them from fighting a pandemic. cynical. Maybe in normal circumstances they can turn up and make themselves available to the kangroo comittee.
    This is quite a shocking statement from you. We live in a parliamentary democracy. This Committee was formed after this most "open and transparent Government" in NZ's history shut down Parliament. Unlike Helen Clark and John Key with 9/11 and Chch earthquakes. They called a special session of Parliament to vote on their response to those situations to give it legitimacy.
    You speak like Jacinda is and should be an all powerful dictator. While she is definitely becoming that way, it doesn't mean we should accept it.