sharetrader
Page 416 of 697 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 6963
    Guru

Not showing up to a select comittee is not the end of the world and democracy is still alive and well. I think a bit of perspective is needed. How many NZers choose to tune in for a select committee on TV?
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 21-05-2020 at 08:41 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Not showing up to a select comittee is not the end of the world and democracy is still alive and well. I think a bit of perspective is needed. How many NZers watch a select comittee on tv?
    That last comment is rather obtuse. How many NZers watch parliament on tv? Its not important how many people watch anything. It is important that a democracy continues to operate even during periods of crisis. In fact I would go one step further and say it is imperative they operate during periods of crisis.

Dilettante

Not showing up to a select comittee is not the end of the world and democracy is still alive and well. I think a bit of perspective is needed. How many NZers tune in to watch a select committee on TV?
    That's right. Keep digging

Dilettante

This is a great initiative from the Government helping businesses struggling with the effects of the lockdown and people struggling to feed their families. Well done. https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/121...s-with-surplus

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    That's right. Keep digging
    I know but the lockdown has been compensated for so this looks like a more unrelated business decision.
    Don’t waste time debating with Panda-NZ. He actually believes that companies losing all their revenues during the lockdown were compensated fully via the wage subsidy!

Either he is incapable of understanding what he reads, or as his name suggests, he comes from a background where he has no understanding of democracy.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Don’t waste time debating with Panda-NZ. He actually believes that companies losing all their revenues during the lockdown were compensated fully via the wage subsidy!

Either he is incapable of understanding what he reads, or as his name suggests, he comes from a background where he has no understanding of democracy.
    Short memories. Nats were running a legally dubious operation to come up with dirt on the elected opposition parties and their was some involvement of leaking SIS documents. I don't hold short memories or one sided perspectives on a situation.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 21-05-2020 at 09:33 AM.

Legend

Short memories. Nats were running a legally dubious operation to come up with dirt on the elected opposition parties and their was some involvement of leaking SIS documents. I don't hold short memories or one sided perspectives on a situation.
    You just reminded me of Labour, at their slimiest, sending their greasiest overseas specifically to dig up ammunition to bury John Key. Wasted trip of course.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 21-05-2020 at 10:22 AM.

There's always dirt in politics - always has and always will. Don't be naive.

But please explain how 'the lockdown has been compensated for' ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    You just reminded me of Labour, at their slimiest, sending their greasiest overseas specifically to dig up ammunition to bury John Key. Wasted trip of course.
    Seems like stalemate to me.
    Both can get dirty.
    Park that one there as a draw and move on.

https://shorthand.radionz.co.nz/coll...-19/index.html

Collateral damage of COVID-19 and the lockdown.

For those genuinely interested in understanding the human costs of what is unfolding out there.