sharetrader
Page 446 of 697 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456496546 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    She has achieved an NZ which is now open for business now while Australia will have to lockdown in two months because elimination was never their goal. another achievement to add to the list.

Restarted NZ super fund contributions
    lowest debt in the oecd
    lowest comparable unemployment
    record low migration - promise delivered.

Credit where it is due. I think some just don't like a woman in charge which is unfortunate and explains a bit.
    It's relatively easy to lock down a small isolated country like NZ compared to Australia. But due credit to her for having the guts to do so. Now on to the hard part, rebuilding a decimated economy.

On the other points: Yes definitely - credit where credit is due.

Credit previous labour and National governments for the low debt and unemployment,
    Credit the current Labour government for borrowing to fund super, and
    Labour party promise on migration: https://www.labour.org.nz/migration (oops this page doesn't exist)

She has achieved an NZ which is now open for business now while Australia will have to lockdown in two months because elimination was never their goal. another achievement to add to the list.

Restarted NZ super fund contributions
    lowest debt in the oecd
    lowest comparable unemployment
    record low migration - promise delivered.

Credit where it is due. I think some just don't like a woman in charge which is unfortunate and explains a bit.
    Nothing to do with a woman in charge but THIS woman & her incompetents in charge. If only NZ has an Angela Merkel.

And thank you for highlighting another huge failure by Comrade Cindy to deliver - Cutting Immigration Numbers!

"Prime Minister-in-waiting Jacinda Ardern last tonight said she expected those numbers to be cut by 20,000 to 30,000 per annum. Its coalition partner New Zealand First, which has also lobbied strongly to reduce immigration numbers, has set the lower target of 10,000 people a year."

The record shows:

Net migration in 1st year of office - 49,127 (Oct 2018)
    Net migration in 2nd year of office - 52,447 (Oct 2019)

Oh dear, what happened?

Net migration under National was 54,535 to Oct 2017.

Another extraordinary Cindy's non-achievement.
    Last edited by Balance; 09-06-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Not wanting to stoke the fire, but while on the topic... I seem to recall during the election campaigning there was something Jacinda promised and said that 'if she couldn't deliver, she would resign'. From memory it was around child poverty or something like that. Does anyone else remember that or did I completely make that up?
    I just wanted to check in on how that promise was going (if it even happened).

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by tga_trader View Post
    Not wanting to stoke the fire, but while on the topic... I seem to recall during the election campaigning there was something Jacinda promised and said that 'if she couldn't deliver, she would resign'. From memory it was around child poverty or something like that. Does anyone else remember that or did I completely make that up?
    I just wanted to check in on how that promise was going (if it even happened).
    Why stop at Child Poverty, fill your boots on broken promises and failed public policy and this from 9 months ago.

Guru

Cindy's response to job cuts at the Warehouse.

She's angry! Surprise, surprise....Retailers who were shut for 5-6 weeks are badly hit. I thought Deb Morris was possibly an outlier, but Cindy's just confirmed she has no idea of the real world either.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/121...-1080-job-cuts

Guru

They did receive large amounts of taxpayer money so some commentary is justified. The lacklustre alternative would have been worse since they would have given them more for no results or delivery.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 10-06-2020 at 01:41 AM.

Guru

They did receive huge amounts of taxpayer money so some commentary is justified. The lacklustre alternative would have been worse since they would have liked to give them more, for no results or delivery.
    Possibly. Its the inconsistency of the anger from our Cindy that is a bit over the top. Plenty of other businesses also got tax payer money and they have not been selected for angriness.

They did receive huge amounts of taxpayer money so some commentary is justified. The lacklustre alternative would have been worse since they would have liked to give them more, for no results or delivery.
    No results & delivery?

Sounds like this government! 🐒

Shall we go through the list again - Kiwibuild, CGT, child poverty, immigration etc etc etc 🙈

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Why stop at Child Poverty, fill your boots on broken promises and failed public policy and this from 9 months ago.
    Exactly she has been the most HIGHLY rated leader of the most inept GOVT. we have ever had in this country the amount of people here in NZ and around the world that put her on a pedestal of greatness purely on human kindness ? that and having a Baby in office and being younger women than the mean age of leaders around the world.. that is so rare so she must be amazing ..but the facts of where we are as a nation and are forward outlook is bleak..

Hitler was loved by most Germans during the 30's

A well-respected German historian has a radical new theory to explain a nagging question: Why did average Germans so heartily support the Nazis and Third Reich? Hitler, says Goetz Aly, was a "feel good dictator," a leader who not only made Germans feel important, but also made sure they were well cared-for by the state.

To do so, he gave them huge tax breaks and introduced social benefits that even today anchor the society. He also ensured that even in the last days of the war not a single German went hungry. Despite near-constant warfare, never once during his 12 years in power did Hitler raise taxes for working class people. He also — in great contrast to World War I — particularly pampered soldiers and their families, offering them more than double the salaries and benefits that American and British families received. As such, most Germans saw Nazism as a "warm-hearted" protector, says Aly,

Now I'm not saying Jacinda is hitler like or anything like that ....but many see Jacinda as our protector
    Last edited by JBmurc; 09-06-2020 at 03:21 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Guru

Somehwt better than a dairy farmer I'd say (todd something?). What did john deliver really since we had no per capita growth for a long time. Years after the GFC.