sharetrader
Page 449 of 697 FirstFirst ... 349399439445446447448449450451452453459499549 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 6963

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12338776

Recovery of Pike River remains to be abandoned.

Yet another broken promise - after spending double the original budget and making an undertaking that the recovery of the remains is the primary objective .

Should have never made the promise in the first place. Kiwibuild & CGT all over again - amateurs & incompetents spending taxpayers’ money with abandon to deliver nothing.
    Last edited by Balance; 10-06-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12338776

Recovery of Pike River remains abandoned.

Yet another broken promise - after spending double the original budget and undertaking the recovery of the remains as the primary objective .
    Add Andrew Little to the list of incompetents in the cabinet. Shouldn't surprise. He was the genius that thought doing away with Presumption of Innocence in sex crime trials was a good idea. Until the Law Society and anyone else with a brain told him to pull his head in.

IMO

Jacinda v Boris: Tony Blair's right-hand man rates the response

"Looking around the world, it is interesting how many of the leaders who score closer to 10 than zero, are women; not just Ardern but Angela Merkel in Germany, Tsai-ing Wen in Taiwan, Erna Solberg in Norway, Mette Frederikson in Denmark, 34-year-old Sanna Marin in Finland. And, although Scotland has also had too many deaths, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has seen her standing rise during the crisis, as Johnson has seen his fall."

Women on top, just for unbalanced and komRADJonu. Get polishing guys

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post

"Looking around the world, it is interesting how many of the leaders who score closer to 10 than zero, are women; not just Ardern but Angela Merkel in Germany, Tsai-ing Wen in Taiwan, Erna Solberg in Norway, Mette Frederikson in Denmark, 34-year-old Sanna Marin in Finland. And, although Scotland has also had too many deaths, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has seen her standing rise during the crisis, as Johnson has seen his fall."

I guess Belgium is the winner with the women PM they have too. Well done Ms Wilmes.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post

I would never be so blindly bigoted and sexist as to associate anyone's prowess to their gender JT. Shame on you for even alluding to one's gender having anything to do with their capabilities.

Guru

Another blow to the education sector brought about by Cindy's lot

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/edu...af-and-must-go

Cindy and her Cabinet of incompetents have actually managed to piss off teachers...normally a stronghold for Labour. Note in the article that the changes to the Teacher's Council were brought about by Cindy's mob.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...o-commissioner

Flood of redundancies post lockdown to L1 & expiry of first tranche if wage subsidy - totally expected after the callous way Comrade Cindy & her incompetents provided zero direct financial support for businesses.

There is going to be a lot of pain, hurt and despondency in the next 3 months when the unemployed finds there’s simply no jobs out there.
    Last edited by Balance; 10-06-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I guess Belgium is the winner with the women PM they have too. Well done Ms Wilmes.
    Iceland another one with Ms Jakobsdottir the PM. But the countries mentioned here, Germany, New Zealand, Taiwan, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Belgium, Finland are all rich law abiding societies with a strong social fabric so I don´t think gender comes into it. The Nordic countries for example have largely left politicians out of the day to day management of the virus response and left it to the professionals, unlike NZ where it has been milked for political purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Iceland another one with Ms Jakobsdottir the PM. But the countries mentioned here, Germany, New Zealand, Taiwan, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Belgium, Finland are all rich law abiding societies with a strong social fabric so I don´t think gender comes into it. The Nordic countries for example have largely left politicians out of the day to day management of the virus response and left it to the professionals, unlike NZ where it has been milked for political purposes.
    I watched one news tonight and see the government has given Whale Watch Kailkoura $1.5 million. Somewhat intrigued I searched the Employer wage subsidy database which disclosed a transfer of $456000. I also searched the charities register which disclosed Whale Watch Kaikoura is a Registered Charity.Which presumably means they have no tax on their profits and only tax liability of course would be GST.
    Just something to ponder I guess
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 10-06-2020 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I watched one news tonight and see the government has given Whale Watch Kailkoura $1.5 million. Somewhat intrigued I searched the Employer wage subsidy database which disclosed a transfer of $456000. I also searched the charities register which disclosed Whale Watch Kaikoura is a Registered Charity.Which presumably means they have no tax on their profits and only tax liability of course would be GST.
    Just something to ponder I guess
    Major a PR stun IMHO ... Jacinda and team its all about getting re-elected....all about photo opts for the paper

we will see more PR stuns TAX and Spend to promote Labour ...rather than just do the job for all kiwis and all of NZ realm like the cook islands Niue etc and get Air NZ back to profitable trading and in time pay back the Tax payer !!
    Last edited by JBmurc; 10-06-2020 at 10:54 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu