sharetrader
Page 45 of 697 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145545 ... LastLast
    IMO

Looks like Amy Adams will be throwing her hat in the ring this arvo as well.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Looks like Amy Adams will be throwing her hat in the ring this arvo as well.
    Good luck Amy. She and Joyce - ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Good luck Amy. She and Joyce - ideal.
    Oh Lord Please don't let it be Collins (though I will concede stick her in for 12 months may not be a bad thing)

IMO

Collins would be perfect. Her mate at whale oil will dish all the dirt for her and the actions started by Joyce and english will solidify the country opinion that national is an unworthy, unethical party. How may times does it take being honest to neutralise a deceit, too many ; people dont forget.Make it crusher the bulldozer collins, a bit like muldoon in a skirt imo.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    I keep hearing it said that Ms Collins is polarising. A few comments above that appear to agree with that. But why? She is popular in her electorate. The Oravida issue must surely be fading into the mists of time. She has forceful opinions on some subjects, but politicians should.

Why do some hate her so much. Genuine question.
    I hear that Trump is as well popular in his electorate ... however from a leader you (or at least I ) would expect that (s)he does not turn her supporters into "winners" by turning the rest of the population off, but that (s)he is able to work for everybody. Win-win is neither Collins nor Trumps game. Collins loves only Collins and fights everybody who is not supporting her.

Collins might be a great attack dog, but I hope for National they keep her in the kennel. She may (if elected) lead National into a disaster, but she will never ever be PM.

Collins is turning off the political "middle ground" - and without them no party is able to govern under MMP.

Quite easy choice - support Collins and make sure National stays for a long time in opposition. I am sure EZ, westerly & co do love Collins.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Oh Lord Please don't let it be Collins (though I will concede stick her in for 12 months may not be a bad thing)
    "But National's problems still run deep. It might be facing a succession of caretaker or temporary leaders, the usual pattern for opposition parties."

Quote from "The Press" editorial this morning. None of the candidates rated with the usually conservative paper.
    Bill will be missed

westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    eZ don't forget this when you say how fantastic the previous government was. And don't get me started on what obvious challenges National had during their reign. Even you can work those out.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4566...ost-nears-1-5b
    But Labour grew the tax take by billions each year, without anyone being particularly hurt by that. It's quite simple, more were in work and less were collecting the dole, and the demand for products and services increased. In that background, the extra capital costs for the rail network were small change. What would have happened if they didn't buy back the rail network? How much more would have been spent on roads, and what about the congestion?

I think this commentary about Bill English's stint as deputy and PM is fairly accurate.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/ne...ectid=11993637
    Last edited by elZorro; 14-02-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    "But National's problems still run deep. It might be facing a succession of caretaker or temporary leaders, the usual pattern for opposition parties."

Quote from "The Press" editorial this morning. None of the candidates rated with the usually conservative paper.
    Bill will be missed

westerly
    The only pattern was set up by Labour in the past nine years. You guys just dream this crap up.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    But Labour grew the tax take by billions each year, without anyone being particularly hurt by that. It's quite simple, more were in work and less were collecting the dole, and the demand for products and services increased. In that background, the extra capital costs for the rail network were small change. What would have happened if they didn't buy back the rail network? How much more would have been spent on roads, and what about the congestion?

I think this commentary about Bill English's stint as deputy and PM is fairly accurate.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/ne...ectid=11993637
    Get rid of your rose tinted glasses eZ. They were dumped because of their performance and social engineering which we are still suffering from.

IMO

Are you suffering 7 so that the many may not lol, wash your mouth out boy with soap.Dont need to talk dirty.