sharetrader
Page 453 of 697 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Rob Fyfe - what a cry baby - anyone who makes statements and say "right" after statement is a show pony, go away Rob.
    Classy tim23.

Rob Fyfe who worked for 8 weeks without pay away from family for the good of the country. Who also coordinated other wealthy NZers who donated a plane load of PPE for the good of the country.

What happened to Cindy's self declared paycut?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Seems to me tim23 you have a thing called HDS. (Hosking derangement syndrome)
    Keep him off tv and on radio where he belongs. I didn't like him during those debates even though he probably helped her win and will again if he is one for the second time.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Classy tim23.

Rob Fyfe who worked for 8 weeks without pay away from family for the good of the country. Who also coordinated other wealthy NZers who donated a plane load of PPE for the good of the country.

What happened to Cindy's self declared paycut?
    What a martyr Rob - poor Rob he did it for his pathetic little ego - who else would whine like he has, gee Johan are you his brother or something?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Keep him off tv and on radio where he belongs. I didn't like him during those debates even though he probably helped her win and will again if he is one for the second time.
    Having him "moderate" the leaders debate is like the South African rugby referees running the cutter when the ABs used to tour the republic, another words - hardly neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/...hanks-from-pm/

No negative spin from Fran O’Sullivan.

And you can hear the snub directly from Rob Fyfe.

He has not heard from the government & certainly not from Adern.

This government is all about spin and has no interest in interacting with business to lift NZ economy out of the nose dive.

A deliberate and blatant lie from the PM - there has been NO acknowledgement and thanks of Rob Fyfe.

Refer radio interview above.
    I did listen to the interview twice. At the end Rob Fyfe says about the Herald article ”they were not my words.” He said he hadn’t had a reply yet and was not looking for a thank you, and that it was a privilege to do that job. He was very diplomatic in the interview, and his concern is the economy going forward. So the term cold-shoulder came from Fran Sullivan and not him.
    Rob did say the government is interacting with business through lobby groups and industry groups, and that is what I read in the news.
    Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says: “I want to acknowledge the role the private sector has played in this development, particularly Rob Fyfe and Sam Morgan, and I thank them and the people who have worked with them at no cost on this.
    “Now, more than ever, is a time for public and private sectors to work together as we unite to help keep New Zealanders safe and to protect their businesses and jobs."
    https://pacificmedianetwork.com/arti...guage-versions

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    What a martyr Rob - poor Rob he did it for his pathetic little ego - who else would whine like he has, gee Johan are you his brother or something?
    You shouldnīt answer a question with another question tim23. Iīll repeat in case you missed it. What happened to the PMīs (and other Ministers) paycut ?
    We should be able to pulicly search it like the wage subsidy

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/121...artins-cheaper

GST is considered to be a prime example of a regressive tax - hitting the poor much harder than the rich.

But this incompetent nincompoop minister uses the example of aston martin to deflect from cutting GST to help the economy.

Government of Spin - not of substance.
    I noticed that too Balance and couldnīt believe what I read. When Key/English increased the GST a few years back, matched by income tax reductions, Labour was up in arms saying it unfairly hit the poor. Now that some are suggesting temporary reudctions, Labour says they donīt want to make Aston Martinīs cheaper for the rich. The hypocricy has no limits !!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I noticed that too Balance and couldnīt believe what I read. When Key/English increased the GST a few years back, matched by income tax reductions, Labour was up in arms saying it unfairly hit the poor. Now that some are suggesting temporary reudctions, Labour says they donīt want to make Aston Martinīs cheaper for the rich. The hypocricy has no limits !!
    Isn't the reverse also true. Nats advocated for it and are now against? plus may have caused a reduction in consumer spending which was more than made up some time later with the christchurch earthquake rebuild.

All of the physical stores would have to change their price tags and information systems, it would be funny but a mess in practice.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 14-06-2020 at 03:33 AM.

Dilettante

No point discussing this with you Panda-NZ if you do not see the hypocrisy in Labour's 2 completely opposing positions, saying in opposition when it goes up that it is bad for lower income people but when in Government and a suggestion is made to lower it to encourage expenditure, don't want to because Aston Martins become cheaper.
    Personally I don't think they should touch it but then they should just say they don't intend to, without giving such a stupid and nonsensical reason for it.

I don't recall any mess with information systems when it changed from 12.5% to 15%.

February 2010 : GST to be increased from 12.5% to 15%

"The Labour Party says the Government's intention to raise GST will disadvantage the average family who are already struggling financially.

Leader Phil Goff says any increase in GST will hurt those who spend all their disposable income, and particularly those with children."

No point discussing this with you Panda-NZ if you do not see the hypocrisy in Labour's 2 completely opposing positions, saying in opposition when it goes up that it is bad for lower income people but when in Government and a suggestion is made to lower it to encourage expenditure, don't want to because Aston Martins become cheaper.
    Personally I don't think they should touch it but then they should just say they don't intend to, without giving such a stupid and nonsensical reason for it.

I don't recall any mess with information systems when it changed from 12.5% to 15%.
    On the contrary, iceman, let the likes of Panda-NZ attempt to cover-up & offer up the nonsensical excuses for the hypocrisy dripping out of the mouths of Comrade Cindy & her incompetents.

Posters like him and Joshuatree are beyond redemption but their increasingly strident indefensible defense of the glaring failures to deliver on their last election promises will focus attention on what kind of dismal future awaits NZ if Labour gets another turn.

For the swing voters and those who have been betrayed (eg. first home buyers) by the broken promises, September will be their chance to show how they really feel.

And we are here to help them decide while the Labourites here ring hollow & loudly with their empty shell of Labour achievements in office.
    Last edited by Balance; 14-06-2020 at 11:26 AM.