sharetrader
Page 472 of 697 FirstFirst ... 372422462468469470471472473474475476482522572 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thats what Trump does , always deflecting, you're great pupil.
    Fish is still waiting for your evidence on the other thread.

And yes, I do recognize Comrade Cindy & your tactics as similar to that of Trump - deflection. Does not work in NZ and certainly not with us.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Thanks Moka.
    As you say its interesting.
    Personally I would go further and say its an irrelevant diversion from the truth .
    Still waiting for blue skies and Joshuatree to reply with their evidence.
    I feel confident that we want the truth rather than deception

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12341217

Great example of how Comrade Cindy tried several ways to deflect the quarantine PR disaster but to no avail - cannot hide the incompetence & negligence of her & her incompetents forever.

"The Government's initial response hints that it did immediately realise the trouble it had on its hands. First, came the appeal directly to the public, bypassing media scrutiny. The evening the news broke, the Prime Minister used a Facebook live event from her office to assure New Zealand her "expectations have not been met". It took less than 60 seconds for the strength of feeling to become obvious to anyone reading the messages ticking up from the bottom of the screen." No wonder she looked so rattled in the video.

"Next, the Prime Minister tried to blame external forces with a they-made-us-do-it finger-pointing exercise, suggesting this would never have happened had commentators and the opposition not kept banging on until she was forced to give compassionate exemptions so new arrivals could say goodbye to their dying loved ones. Shills for the Labour Party took the same line on social media." We know the likes of Joshuatree here are part of the untruth army of Comrade Cindy writing here to deflect.

"The Government then failed to foresee the torrent of revelations from within isolation facilities that flowed after that first story of the two long-distance-driving women: multiple accounts of people released without testing, multiple accounts of mixing in isolation facilities, multiple accounts of exemptions granted after exemptions were banned, revelations of travellers absconding from a gang funeral and not being rounded up." So much for being an effective manager of the covid-19 crisis - just shambles & confusions.
    Last edited by Balance; 21-06-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Great example of how Comrade Cindy tried several ways to deflect the quarantine PR disaster but to no avail - cannot hide the incompetence & negligence of her & her incompetents forever.
    How about you and your mediocre leader be patriotic for once. come together to support the tough job this government is doing. Offer useful ideas though stop persuing power for it's own sake and trying to have it all ways on every issue under the sun.

That would be good wouldn't it?
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 21-06-2020 at 03:20 PM.

By in large that's how the politcal system works Panda-NZ. Labour didn't join forces with National much over the last few terms. Why would they? National joined with Labour for the initial response, but now we're into the clean up both parties should naturally go their own way. Each have their own ideas for how things should be run.

Guru

I'm interested to hear what their special knowledge or "secret plan" for the current situation is. what could they know that others don't and are holding back from telling us for some reason...
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 22-06-2020 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

"The Government then failed to foresee the torrent of revelations from within isolation facilities that flowed after that first story of the two long-distance-driving women: multiple accounts of people released without testing, multiple accounts of mixing in isolation facilities, multiple accounts of exemptions granted after exemptions were banned, revelations of travellers absconding from a gang funeral and not being rounded up." So much for being an effective manager of the covid-19 crisis - just shambles & confusions.
    It is all right Balance, calm down, Jacinda has tweaked the system to address its failures, and it is running much better now.
    Air Commodore Darryn Webb, who has been put in charge of managed isolation hotels said that an increase in arrivals meant arrangements had to change.
    “I acknowledge that those arriving on this flight had an expectation they were completing their managed isolation in Auckland.
    "However, an increase in arrivals returning to New Zealand has required alternative plans to be put in place," Webb said. Some people arriving at Auckland airport were shocked to be taken to Rotorua as they expected to undergo isolation in Auckland.
    He said people were now being tested on their third and twelfth day in isolation. Already this week, several cases have been discovered through this routine testing.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300...hotels-fill-up

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    By in large that's how the politcal system works Panda-NZ. Labour didn't join forces with National much over the last few terms. Why would they? National joined with Labour for the initial response, but now we're into the clean up both parties should naturally go their own way. Each have their own ideas for how things should be run.
    As we go into recovery we should be asking do we want to go back to the way things were? We shouldn't just try and recreate what we had. To me, we should try and create a better society than we had. The team of 5 million had a taste of all pulling together and liked it. Better cooperation between the parties rather than petty politics would be in the best interests of all New Zealanders at this time. The parties’ policies are surprising similar overall. People liked the message of Be Kind to each other.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    As we go into recovery we should be asking do we want to go back to the way things were? We shouldn't just try and recreate what we had. To me, we should try and create a better society than we had. The team of 5 million had a taste of all pulling together and liked it. Better cooperation between the parties rather than petty politics would be in the best interests of all New Zealanders at this time. The parties’ policies are surprising similar overall. People liked the message of Be Kind to each other.
    I didn't. It's pure corn; as is calling five million people with different aspirations and goals, different political and religious views, different talents and skills - a team. Pure patronising corn.

I totally disagree.

Any group of people willing to work together for a common cause, is a "team" - regardless of their "aspirations and goals, political and religious views, and different talents and skills." We WERE a team and moka is right - the vast majority of us felt good about pulling together, following the rules and making a small sacrifice for the good of our people. I didn't feel remotely patronised by the "be kind" message. It served as a good reminder that we were all under stress and needed to look out for each other. It was the best kind of teamwork in my opinion and much more significant that you realise.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I didn't. It's pure corn; as is calling five million people with different aspirations and goals, different political and religious views, different talents and skills - a team. Pure patronising corn.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Yeah nah, I got really sick of the "be kind" message. It was patronising and vomit inducing after about the 3rd iteration. The majority of people I talk to did not like it.