sharetrader
Page 474 of 697 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484524574 ... LastLast
Results 4,731 to 4,740 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-border-policy

Hopefully the below is a misunderstanding, otherwise it does look like a deflection in a very Trump like fashion.

She disagreed that the recent revelations about a slack approach to supervising managed isolation was costing the country jobs. She said Covid-19 is still a pandemic that is growing internationally with 8 million cases and over 100,000 cases emerging a day around the world. "We have to continue to take a rigorous approach, so I make no apology for that. "
    What jobs would it be costing at the moment?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    What jobs would it be costing at the moment?
    Jobs in education and AIR for every day longer that a controlled opening of the borders to foreign students and some of the Pacific Islands is delayed. This will have been set back weeks or months by the Quarantine Cockup.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Jobs in education and AIR for every day longer that a controlled opening of the borders to foreign students and some of the Pacific Islands is delayed. This will have been set back weeks or months by the Quarantine Cockup.
    I doubt that is the case really.
    Conjecture at best.

IMO

We need to remember the whole picture .With re 4,000 people now in quarantine, and was it 20? hotels and growing.Putting it in perspective stuffups happen.Great to see things being improved and now tighter esp with army etc involved.

A minority refuse to cooperate, some refuse testing.
    Some have mental problems
    Some have illness's
    Some are grieving loved ones they cant get to.
    Some are less then economical with the truth.
    Its not like just hotel, it needs to be A psychiatrists couch, a medical centre, a good samaritans, a detention centre , a food delivery service, an information centre , a supervison, well being, exercise, I T etc etc. Its complicated and complex and there is a shortage of specially nurses and staff .
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 22-06-2020 at 12:05 PM.

Guru

I doubt that is the case really.
    Conjecture at best.
    Do you agree jobs would be sustained or created in AIR and education if controlled borders were open to the Pacific Islands and foreign students?

Do you agree this has been delayed due to the Quarantine cockups?

If so, what is there to dispute?

Guru

Do you agree jobs would be sustained or created in AIR and education if controlled borders were open to the Pacific Islands and foreign students?
    Yes

Do you agree this has been delayed due to the Quarantine cockups?
    No

If so, what is there to dispute?
    The timing.
    I have no idea when the Govt think they might allow students back in but doubt that the cock-up (which I agree it was) changed anything.
    It will make them more wary given the Unis etc want to controll the isolation themselves.
    On a Pacific bubble - again when was this planned to happen?
    Given that the bubble wouldn't involve isolation I don't really see how isolation problems would change it. (Same applies to a TT bubble which is more restricted by Aussies view (or lack of desire) then ours.)

Guru

Yes

No

The timing.
    I have no idea when the Govt think they might allow students back in but doubt that the cock-up (which I agree it was) changed anything.
    It will make them more wary given the Unis etc want to controll the isolation themselves.
    On a Pacific bubble - again when was this planned to happen?
    Given that the bubble wouldn't involve isolation I don't really see how isolation problems would change it. (Same applies to a TT bubble which is more restricted by Aussies view (or lack of desire) then ours.)
    Of course isolation problems would change it. How could the islands feel secure if our borders are a leaky sieve?

I wasn't aware the unis were wanting to manage isolation and certainly wouldn't advocate for that. The same border restrictions would have to apply. Unfortunately it is the border restrictions we can have very little confidence in.

IMO

We ? speak for yourself thank you. I have high confidence in the Quarantine system. A few glitches among 4,000 guests which have been tightened up, a good wakeup call.

Guru

Of course isolation problems would change it. How could the islands feel secure if our borders are a leaky sieve?

I wasn't aware the unis were wanting to manage isolation and certainly wouldn't advocate for that. The same border restrictions would have to apply. Unfortunately it is the border restrictions we can have very little confidence in.
    We will just have to disagree.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    We ? speak for yourself thank you. I have high confidence in the Quarantine system. A few glitches among 4,000 guests which have been tightened up, a good wakeup call.
    Perhaps I should have said "We the non-besotted". I will try not to trample your battered heart any further.