sharetrader
Page 484 of 697 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494534584 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 6963
    Guru

The Commissar is now between a rock and a hard place of her own making. The calls are coming from all sides that David Clark has to go. Cindy has already stated she won't sack him, and glibly told media she doesn't revisit her decisions. According to this, unless Dr Clark cocksup further, he is safe, and an albatross around Cindy's neck.

The second obvious part of her self made dilemma is....Who the hell would she replace him with?

I'm picking Aunty Helen is already on the phone telling her protege that David Clark has to go. One thing old Helen did quick was clean up an internal mess.

Trouble is...Cindy didn't go hard and go early!

Guru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rBhwxRUcCQ

Hmm thats 18-32 like to dislike ratio...
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 25-06-2020 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300...ry-in-new-poll

9% swing away from Labour back to National, and 1% swing from NZF to Act.

Game back on.
    Unfortunately with voting and polls often people pick the second worst of the two parties. They do not pick which is the best party, but say I don’t like Labour therefore I will vote National without considering whether National will be better. Too often people focus on the negative and treat it like a retaliation i.e. stuff you I’ll vote for someone else then.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Unfortunately with voting and polls often people pick the second worst of the two parties. They do not pick which is the best party, but say I don’t like Labour therefore I will vote National without considering whether National will be better. Too often people focus on the negative and treat it like a retaliation i.e. stuff you I’ll vote for someone else then.
    Which is understandable but national.. really? still not close to a majority though.

You can't be on the team when you're trying to divide the team. They are in their own team.

Some praise for our healthcare workers is helpful too rather than calling their efforts a disaster.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 26-06-2020 at 07:54 AM.

Guru

In the not to distant past many here and around NZ took Ashley from hero to zero in about 10s.
    Suddenly he represented all that was wrong with the system
    Then along came Clark and Ashley is back to hero.
    Fascinating study is peoples reactions.

Audrey Young has a bit of balance here (premium unfortunately for some)
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/n...ectid=12343107
    A few snips
    "The infatuation with Bloomfield masked failings during the Covid crisis, particularly over the supply and use of personal protective equipment, testing criteria, and presentation of results."
    "It was only then that it was revealed the day three and day 12 tests Bloomfield had promised had been occurring for people in managed isolation were not occurring.
    Twice Cabinet was told they had been happening but they weren't.
    Bloomfield apologised to the Government and took responsibility as public service ethics require of him."

" That is exactly what David Clark said yesterday: "The director general has accepted protocol wasn't being followed; he has accepted responsibility for that and has set about putting it right."

It is not an equal relationship. The Ashley Bloomfield defence society does not have a leg to stand on.

Nor, however, would the David Clark defence society, were it to exist.

Clark was negligent in not keeping greater watch on the officials. His failing was not just in believing his officials, it was not knowing what questions to ask."

Dilettante

I agree with that dobby41. Bloomfield is neither a hero or zero. He is a public servant that appears to be working hard to do his job and what looks like a lot of additional work such as border control etc. which is not and never has been part of his job description.
    I think the outrage yesterday was at the low blow from Clark in calling Bloomfield out as he did at a press conference, a Minister that has completely failed to do his own job, breaks his Ministry's own rules and takes no responsibility for any of it. Pot calling the kettle black.

Guru

Gee Chris....tell us what you really think!

Chris trotter continues to go off at the Cynical One. Interesting Machiavellian sub plot alluded to.

https://thedailyblog.co.nz/2020/06/2...-sack-him-now/

This is unprecedented from Chris Trotter in my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Gee Chris....tell us what you really think!

Chris trotter continues to go off at the Cynical One. Interesting Machiavellian sub plot alluded to.

https://thedailyblog.co.nz/2020/06/2...-sack-him-now/

This is unprecedented from Chris Trotter in my memory.
    Shhhh .... let the gutless & despicable one keep his job. Best weapon to be handed to the Opposition to hammer home the point that this government is a government of incompetents bereft of talent, ability, and most damning of all, a bunch of CYA lifelong politicians with zero business experience.

Oh sorry, I forgot - Clndy did work in the corner dairy?

IMO

If National had been in power during the pandemic True true true , so help me Dog.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Shhhh .... let the gutless & despicable one keep his job. Best weapon to be handed to the Opposition to hammer home the point that this government is a government of incompetents bereft of talent, ability, and most damning of all, a bunch of CYA lifelong politicians with zero business experience.

Oh sorry, I forgot - Clndy did work in the corner dairy?
    You're finally getting it.
    Wasn't it a fish and chip shop?