sharetrader
Page 49 of 697 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149549 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Not at all. eZ will explain.
    I haven't been following this policy area. But it doesn't look to me like the coalition has changed their mind on going into the mine shaft, just the timing. It appears Pike River Coal put in an inferior gas detection system and allowed it to be disregarded or left in a failed state quite often, so it didn't affect progress too much. Everything else followed from there, and re-entry into the mine would probably confirm this.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    And the insecure arise.
    I dont believe national will be back for a few terms, even more if the bag lady gets in.They are in a weak position atm and could implode, Insecure i agree.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I haven't been following this policy area. But it doesn't look to me like the coalition has changed their mind on going into the mine shaft, just the timing. It appears Pike River Coal put in an inferior gas detection system and allowed it to be disregarded or left in a failed state quite often, so it didn't affect progress too much. Everything else followed from there, and re-entry into the mine would probably confirm this.
    Just the timing? Even from you eZ that's ridiculous. Tell you what - if Winston is ever first to go into that mine, I will donate fifty dollars to the Labour party. May not sound like a lot, but in terms of pain - it's huge.

IMO

You better believe it he will be the first at the head of the queue if /when it happens. In a ceremonial way of course. To think that an old man who smokes and drinks would go any further is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    You better believe it he will be the first at the head of the queue if /when it happens. In a ceremonial way of course. To think that an old man who smokes and drinks would go any further is laughable.
    You are saying Winston is lying? Better be careful what you imply ... he like to sue the people smearing him.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11766014

Asked if he was genuine in his offer to be the first back into the mine he maintained it was neither symbolic nor a token gesture.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

Not at all; it will be a great publicity for him to cut the ribbon so to speak and ceremonially take the first step before the experts do the task. What politician wouldn't want to after backing it.

Not at all; it will be a great publicity for him to cut the ribbon so to speak and ceremonially take the first step before the experts do the task. What politician wouldn't want to after backing it.
    Taking advantage of the deaths of the miners in such a way would be abhorrent to any self - respecting person / party. Oh, wait.

IMO

I find that really weird. this is all about closure for the families and finding out what happened. Cutting the ribbon "so to speak" not to celebrate but to seek closure for the families and to learn what really happened in there.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 19-02-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Legend

I find that really weird. this is all about closure for the families and finding out what happened. Cutting the ribbon "so to speak" not to celebrate but to seek closure for the families and to learn what really happened in there.
    Although it's never possible to know which post you are referring to, I assume it's the one about Peters. If you asssume this is anymore than grandstanding on his part you are seriouly deluded. You simply don't understand the man.

IMO

Of course what politician wouldn't!!! i coudnt care less,and if it supports closure and finding out what happened credit to those that make it happen if it gets that far. Try putting yourself in the families shoes here, instead of being a blind hater.