sharetrader
Page 497 of 697 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,970 of 6963
    IMO

I just wonder about Geoffs mudslinging here.He sounds downright stingy like the more you have the more you want and the less you want to share, for some addicts. I really like what the greens are doing here.Most of the wealth is held by what a very small % and i for one would be happy to do my duty for less fortunate kiwis here and be happy to contribute more people a better quality of life rather then simply subsist.They are on a good path imo.

Guru

Greens are competing for the TOP vote I think. In the last election without them Lab/Green combo beats National.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-07-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I just wonder about Geoffs mudslinging here.He sounds downright stingy like the more you have the more you want and the less you want to share, for some addicts. I really like what the greens are doing here.Most of the wealth is held by what a very small % and i for one would be happy to do my duty for less fortunate kiwis here and be happy to contribute more people a better quality of life rather then simply subsist.They are on a good path imo.
    Which particular part of the Greens tax policy do you like? The part where many retirees pay way more than 100% of their income in tax? Tell us what Goeff has wrong...

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    There is nothing stopping you from doing this at the moment without The Greens or Labour deciding who you support and how. Many of us do.
    Last edited by iceman; 02-07-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    There is nothing stopping you from doing this at the moments without The Greens or Labour deciding who you support and how. Many of us do.
    Well said Iceman. I too support those that are less fortunate than myself but do so without any interference from the government to mismanage the time and money but rather give these to the source directly. Far more effective and so much better for building community.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    There is nothing stopping you from doing this at the moments without The Greens or Labour deciding who you support and how. Many of us do.
    JT is all talk (like Comrade Cindy) and no delivery.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12344754

The shambolic state of the quarantine regime continues - unable to track & trace & contact 367 persons for testing after they left quarantine.

We are supposed to trust this government of incompetents who forced 5m NZers to lockdown hard but cannot manage a simple quarantine regime to guide NZ through to the other side of normality in a balanced manner?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12344754

The shambolic state of the quarantine regime continues - unable to track & trace & contact 367 persons for testing after they left quarantine.

We are supposed to trust this government of incompetents who forced 5m NZers to lockdown hard but cannot manage a simple quarantine regime to guide NZ through to the other side of normality in a balanced manner?
    Testing those people is needed just 'tick the box'.
    After all, they had the 14 days isolation and it is many days since with no community transmission.
    Some people seem to forget that on 8th June you could leave without a test and that was OK but from 9th some think that the test is critical.
    The extra testing was a 'belts and braces' approach - 14 days isolation being the belt and testing being the braces. The pants haven't fallen down withot the braces!

I suppose we should have used the Vic model and had infections amongst staff in the isolation hotels - or even supplied sex services from the guards.

The border is secure after the cock-up and has been for a couple of weeks (despite politicians still refering to the shambles in the last week).
    Get a grip man.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    After all, they had the 14 days isolation and it is many days since with no community transmission.
    Some people seem to forget that on 8th June you could leave without a test and that was OK but from 9th some think that the test is critical.
    The extra testing was a 'belts and braces' approach - 14 days isolation being the belt and testing being the braces. The pants haven't fallen down withot the braces!

I suppose we should have used the Vic model and had infections amongst staff in the isolation hotels - or even supplied sex services from the guards.

The border is secure after the cock-up and has been for a couple of weeks (despite politicians still refering to the shambles in the last week).
    Get a grip man.
    The test is just a box ticking exercise? Do you work in Quarantine by chance? I ask because that is the attitude that caused the cockup. Tens of billions of cost to the country could have been wasted because of such lax attitudes. That's why people are pissed off...and won't forget anytime soon.

As for box ticking...what about those who have tested positive quite late in their isolation? There were reports of people mixing with people at much earlier stages of their isolation....making their isolation redundant. Back to Day 1 they should have gone. Even mixing with others at the same stage...again...isolation period made redundant. We can only hope that is not still happening. Just don't put dobs in charge!

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post

Get a grip man.
    If things go to plan, I will be going through this process at the end of July. I sort of look forward to seeing how it is all working and promise to report on this esteemed thread :-)