sharetrader
Page 5 of 697 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Gotta love Winston. He's going to get one bilion trees planted. I presume he knows Forestry is one of NZ's most dangerous industries. And who is he going to get toe plant the trees. Well it aint going to be immigrants - so that only leaves the unemployed. Ahh - now I see how the coalition is going to reduce the numbers of unemployed!
    Yep,makes sense
    & more pollution in waterways
    The effects of pine pollen on the quality of fresh water in the Northern Hemisphere is the subject of a report called ‘Effects of pollen leaching and microbial degradation on organic carbon and nutrient availability in lake water’ by scientists Stefan Rosel, Anna RychÅ‚a, Christian Wurzbacher and Hans-Peter Grossart.

Their report says: “The role of pollen for biogeochemical cycling in aquatic systems seems to be greatly underrated”.

The report goes on to say: “The potentially large amount of organic carbon and nutrients introduced by pollen can fertilise freshwater ecosystems”.

Advanced Member

I live in the middle of a pine forest. for a week or two we are covered in clouds of pollen. Everything turns yellow. Then the thick layer of pollen washes off the roofs and down into the water tank and we drink it. Now I know why I am getting fat/er - all that "organic carbon and nutrients. And I thought it was just too much smooth Tennessee whisky?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Watched the swearing in ceremony on CNBC live this morning. Gives me great optimism and pride in this govt despite Winstons presence. I think this will be his best performance actually, he will have learnt from past stuffups and really will want to go out leaving his country in a better place ,a part of his legacy.
    Jacinda looks to be a great leader , having her priorities in the right place with people coming first.

The reality atm is we have a divided country with lots of disgruntled, bitter national supporters who are being encouraged by their party to continue in this vein in a divide and conquer at any cost strategy . Well i hope that more folks are into supporting and collaborating with this govt who are doing the same and leading by example. Early days i know but I'm optimistic that we have the makings of a great era where values will enhance our lives over a heartless business agenda run by the previous govt. Collaboraters or Haters, think about whats better for all.
    I agree. Let them get on with the job and give them a chance to prove their worth. Jacinda is a hell of a lot smarter than people seem to think. She’s not stupid and she’s no pushover. I think the Jacinda/Winston combination has the potential to work extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    ........................ I think the Jacinda/Winston combination has the potential to work extremely well.
    Or not. But we'll give this tandem, one that is bias for everything that is foreign and most especially for chinese and one that is inexperienced, a chance. And hoping that gut feel is wrong again this time for this is going to be a very expensive "getting to know them" for NZ.

The girls getting paid as much as the boys for playing rugby for NZ will be an interesting debate.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The girls getting paid as much as the boys for playing rugby for NZ will be an interesting debate.
    And all male singers should be paid as much as Lorde.

Guru

But what happens when 50% of the All Blacks have to be female?

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Aaron will be happy
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    It will make for some spectacular tackling opportunities, and much longer scrum times.

I would prefer some positive discrimination to get the Greens caucus looking a bit more gender balanced.