sharetrader
Page 500 of 697 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550600 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Good point - so why was it not in place?

Events to date show that it should have been - think of the resources & grief it would have saved.
    No idea why not - I'm not an epidemiologist but I do know that these things develop over time.
    Not sure what grief it would save by having the testing in place prior to 9th?
    At the moment some people are still fixating on a 'nice to have' rather than a 'need to have'.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    David Clarke resigns. Good riddance.
    About time - he should have resigned when we went to level 1 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Admire him ( Clarke taking one for the team) for giving credit to NZ and all the health workers.80,000 plus tests recently, no community covid. We are in a very fortunate place in the world.He takes full responsibility for his decisions.An honour to work with ashley bloomfield during the most extreme health crises in a century.
    So much for your admiration 🤣🤣🤣

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    So who will Cindy promote? Who in her stellar Cabinet and Caucus looks likely? Or does she go to the Greens or NZ First? (highly unlikely)
    Chris Hipkins.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    chris hipkins.
    omg ..........Hipkins
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    So much for your admiration 藍藍藍
    I live in Dunedin and this possibly may have an impact on election day, although the extent of which at this stage difficult to determine. As I indicated in an earlier
    post the old Dunedin South Electorate has had its boundaries changed to include more rural areas. The incumbent is not standing at the election and an out of towner., Ingrid Leary, has been parachuted in to stand for Labour. In my opinion she has not made an impact in the electorate. The risk is many could resent, once again, of being taken for granted and its possible NZ First could take advantage of this. The candidate is a South Otago farmer.
    As for Dunedin North David Clark will probably get in BUT I am sure many may find it hard to tick the box next to his name. The other factor is that because Dunedin has been such a Labour fortress many have the expectation that their MPs become cabinet ministers, e.g Michael Cullen, David Benson Pope, Pete Hodgson etc. Neither candidate has the prospect , I presume of being in Cabinet after the election.
    Because of all these factors Labour would be well advised to have Jacinda personally come and visit both electorates during the election, otherwise an upset is on the cards
    Just my, on the ground in the electorate , opinion, what do others think?
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 02-07-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    omg ..........Hipkins
    It's an improvement, Hipkins is alright.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    About time - he should have resigned when we went to level 1 at least.
    I reckon it will have been ... "come to my office David", "now which would you prefer, I fire you, or you resign, please choose quickly".

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I live in Dunedin and this possibly may have an impact on election day, although the extent of which at this stage difficult to determine. As I indicated in an earlier
    post the old Dunedin South Electorate has had its boundaries changed to include more rural areas. The incumbent is not standing at the election and an out of towner., Ingrid Leary, has been parachuted in to stand for Labour. In my opinion she has not made an impact in the electorate. The risk is many could resent, once again, of being taken for granted and its possible NZ First could take advantage of this. The candidate is a South Otago farmer.
    As for Dunedin North David Clark will probably get in BUT I am sure many may find it hard to tick the box next to his name. The other factor is that because Dunedin has been such a Labour fortress many have the expectation that their MPs become cabinet ministers, e.g Michael Cullen, David Benson Pope, Pete Hodgson etc. Neither candidate has the prospect , I presume of being in Cabinet after the election.
    Because of all these factors Labour would be well advised to have Jacinda personally come and visit both electorates during the election, otherwise an upset is on the cards
    Good assessment, SP.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Clare Curran and David Clark, neither one has done any favours for Dunedin. It doesn't seem to matter. The voters inexplicably stick firmly to Labour. They even had Brian MacDonell for twenty odd years, and he did absolutely nothing ever!! With a change to electorate boundaries there is a possibility that the new Taieri seat may give National a look in. Not so sure about the new seat just called Dunedin. Clark will hang on there. NZ First candidate won't figure in the election. I can't think why Jacinda would make much difference by visiting those electorates. The only audience she would attract would be old age pensioners who are died in the wool Labour voters anyway. The only party leader who ever motivated the masses in Dunedin enough to fill the town hall was Piggy Muldoon 'cos the students popped along to heckle and get insults hurled back at them. Great sport that was!