sharetrader
Page 501 of 697 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    The only party leader who ever motivated the masses in Dunedin enough to fill the town hall was Piggy Muldoon 'cos the students popped along to heckle and get insults hurled back at them. Great sport that was!
    I've got one... I remember attending a New Labour Party meeting in Dunedin in about 1989 after Jim Anderton (leader) went out on his own. Chris Trotter was the MC, played his guitar and sang The Red Flag. Hall was packed and over 200 (including yours truly) signed up.... we were joining the revolution.
    Last edited by black knat; 02-07-2020 at 02:01 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by black knat View Post
    I've got one... I remember attending a New Labour Party meeting in Dunedin in about 1989 after Jim Anderton (leader) went out on his own. Chris Trotter was the MC, played his guitar and sang The Red Flag. Hall was packed and over 200 (including yours truly) signed up.... we were joining the revolution.
    Do you look back fondly on that impressionable young mite? Or do you wonder what the hell was I thinking? Genuine question. It's interesting to reflect back on our younger selves.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Do you look back fondly on that impressionable young mite? Or do you wonder what the hell was I thinking? Genuine question. It's interesting to reflect back on our younger selves.
    Look back fondly.... I did a lot of things in my youth I wouldn't do now... but dont regret. I try to bear that in mind when discussing politics with my university age Green voting daughters ��

Veteran novice

David Clark - famous in Australia.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...signs/12415410

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Clare Curran and David Clark, neither one has done any favours for Dunedin. It doesn't seem to matter. The voters inexplicably stick firmly to Labour. They even had Brian MacDonell for twenty odd years, and he did absolutely nothing ever!! With a change to electorate boundaries there is a possibility that the new Taieri seat may give National a look in. Not so sure about the new seat just called Dunedin. Clark will hang on there. NZ First candidate won't figure in the election. I can't think why Jacinda would make much difference by visiting those electorates. The only audience she would attract would be old age pensioners who are died in the wool Labour voters anyway. The only party leader who ever motivated the masses in Dunedin enough to fill the town hall was Piggy Muldoon 'cos the students popped along to heckle and get insults hurled back at them. Great sport that was!
    The 1975 Muldoon town meeting. I attended with two mates, great political theatre. Unfortunately had a substantial fine (by 1975 standards) attached to my 1968 Austin 1100, having parked illegally in Smith St

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    The 1975 Muldoon town meeting. I attended with two mates, great political theatre. Unfortunately had a substantial fine (by 1975 standards) attached to my 1968 Austin 1100, having parked illegally in Smith St
    Wow, your '68 1100 was only 7 years old. Almost new. You had to be from the ruling classes!

Legend

Wow, your '68 1100 was only 7 years old. Almost new. You had to be from the ruling classes!
    Don't be too sure - might be still driving it.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    The gutless and shameless one got his just desserts today - passing the buck was not a good idea and he definitely screwed himself up.

Now I drive a 2003 Toyota Corolla!!

So have I got this right, the bloke who is responsible for the running of our education system is now also responsible for the running our health system. That seems like an awful lot of work/responsibility what does everyone else in the red team do?

Frankly the really worrying thing is that if the blue team were running the place I am not at all confident that a similar outcome wouldn't occur.