sharetrader
Page 506 of 697 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556606 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 6963
    Guru

cool stuff. if you can show where i am wrong that will help slightly I think. I don't believe in marketing only in facts.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 06-07-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    cool stuff. if you can show where i am wrong that will help slightly I think. I don't believe in marketing only facts.
    Show me that the Nats were paying 1% on the national debt when they were in government. And how that they could have known that an unforseen worldwide crisis would drive interest rates to where they are now.

You have been taking lessons from the Cynical One. See how infectious the propaganda is?

Guru

It was still much lower than the dividends. Post inflation the real itnerest rate would have been 1%.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-07-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Guru

It was still much lower than the dividends. Post inflation the real itnerest rate would have been 1%.

oh and they made AIR NZ pay dividends which caused them to increase gearing and lead to insolvency.
    Just what I figured. You're as full of it as your Esteemed Leader.

Guru

she's quite wonderful isn't she. could you imagine todd and simon who don't like each other respresenting NZ on the world stage.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 06-07-2020 at 09:15 PM.

Legend

Shes quite wonderful isn't she. could you imagine todd and simon (who don't like each other) respresenting NZ on the world stage... pass
    Who are you on about?

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Just what I figured. You're as full of it as your Esteemed Leader.
    We and much of NZ esteem her for good reason comrade jonu, who do you esteem, paula bennett?

Membaa

Hi Sgt, you might have noticed NZDF have a multi billion spend program, defence estate, p8 posidons, new frigates and so on. As a country we will never be able to compete on the direct military spend but as a partner to the five eyes and commonwealth we are spending big time to be a reliable support partner. Sadly this theatre has recently escalated to respond to NZ largest trading partner aggression in the region. Fortunately neither the legislature nor the executive have much say in the strategic or tactical response, except getting the budgets, we have the MOD and the NZDF covering for the government.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    One concern for me is that neither party, to my knowledge , has articulated the mechanism by which the deficit is to be paid back to return to the 20% of GDP levels which which enabled the fiscal response. Paying back, over what time frame? What are the mechanisms to achieve this? Will it involve revisiting NZ Superannuation either in terms of age of entitlement or rates of payment. Will there be a response by the tax system, increasing GST, tax brackets etc. Are interest free student loans at risk?
    And something else also needs to be addressed, Australia has signaled a significant defence asset procurement programme in response to China. They will not tolerate NZ not pulling its weight for long
    What are others opinions?
    Same all over this world atm sgt. Countries have had to do this with the arrival of covid. What alternative was there and it had to be done fast. Hard to get handle on all this QE and bond buying etc.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Back to posting misinformation I see Panda. When the Nats sold assets they were not paying 1% interest on the national debt, unless you have a time machine we don't have access to. Stop making stuff up. If you are typical of the average Labour supporter they should be very worried.
    Not 1% but 3% so still a profitable margin to the positive.
    I would have brought them all for 5% return if I could pay 3% for the loan and no tax.