sharetrader
Page 51 of 697 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Joyce admitted it was a difficult decision to make as he has a young family.
    But his passion for the future of New Zealand could not be ignored.

Nah, easy choice a nobrainer for the billion $ hole liar who puts power ahead of his young family who will seldom see him involved with them... Who would want this silver tongue slippery devil. A little like Collins but less so , in the lacking in self awareness , moral and ethics stakes imo. Kinda fascinating to watch how National come out of this romper stomper rumble.
    Based on that comment in bold above, what do you think about the PM intending to leave her baby in Auckland during the week while she works in Wellington ? Power ahead of family is it ?

IMO

Thats a very fair point. Did i read that baby was a surprise because of fertility difficulties or something like that, so the timing of baby was not planned?. Didn't try to highlight it btw? The thought was initially triggered by Bill using the more time with family line when resigning , forgetting he had been in for 27 years and the kids had all grown up and left(?) by the time he resigned.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    The thought was initially triggered by Bill using the more time with family line when resigning , forgetting he had been in for 27 years and the kids had all grown up and left(?) by the time he resigned.
    A wife happens to be family too I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    A wife happens to be family too I would have thought.
    That great Kiwi Barnaby might think otherwise
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Mark Mitchell, the 'unknown' MP who is vying for the opposition leader, should not be completely out of the memory of those who bothered to read "Dirty Politics" by Nicky Hager. Read the new public posting by Hager to see how he got to be the candidate in a safe seat, from 2011.

https://dirtypoliticsnz.files.wordpr...ics_p55-67.pdf

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Mark Mitchell, the 'unknown' MP who is vying for the opposition leader, should not be completely out of the memory of those who bothered to read "Dirty Politics" by Nicky Hager. Read the new public posting by Hager to see how he got to be the candidate in a safe seat, from 2011.
    [/URL]
    I completely agree with you eZ. I reckon Mark Mitchell would be a great leader for National, and a great Prime minister - rivalling Key for popularity. Good comment.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I completely agree with you eZ. I reckon Mark Mitchell would be a great leader for National, and a great Prime minister - rivalling Key for popularity. Good comment.
    You mean he's cut from the same cloth as John Key? Maybe. He had just enough cash to pay delusional media right-wing lobbyists to push his barrow at the right time. However, it might be a common theme that most MPs had to start by winning a local electorate candidacy, and some are a lot more ruthless about that than others.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    You mean he's cut from the same cloth as John Key? Maybe. He had just enough cash to pay delusional media right-wing lobbyists to push his barrow at the right time. However, it might be a common theme that most MPs had to start by winning a local electorate candidacy, and some are a lot more ruthless about that than others.
    I was wondering how long it would take you to come up with a conspiracy theory about one or more of the candidates !!

Hipkins upsetting the Universities with his ill thought out and rushed free fees policy: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11999085

Don't think this clown will last long in the education portfolio.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I was wondering how long it would take you to come up with a conspiracy theory about one or more of the candidates !!

Hipkins upsetting the Universities with his ill thought out and rushed free fees policy: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11999085

Don't think this clown will last long in the education portfolio.
    What an idiot that Hipkins is, much like the rest of the COL cabinet. Davis is lost whenever in the house, Twitford well enough said and Cindy looks more in place on the covers of magazines otherwise she is lost in action. As for Shane who? and Winston where are you enough said as well. This disaster is unfolding slowly.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    What an idiot that Hipkins is, much like the rest of the COL cabinet. Davis is lost whenever in the house, Twitford well enough said and Cindy looks more in place on the covers of magazines otherwise she is lost in action. As for Shane who? and Winston where are you enough said as well. This disaster is unfolding slowly.
    I think Ardern is the only one with any talent. That's not to say her political views make any sense - but she's going to have to carry the deadwood ministers; namely Hipkins, Twyford, Davis and Lees Galloway. Fun to watch coming up.