sharetrader
Page 521 of 697 FirstFirst ... 21421471511517518519520521522523524525531571621 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,210 of 6963
    Guru

Interesting line of questioning from some reporters about whether the PM is aware of other inappropriate relationships of Ministers. Parliament has always been a hotbed of sexual hijinks, you can bet the Press Gallery know about plenty more!

Jacinda Ardern has fired Ian Lees-Galloway because he has not modelled he behaviour she expected from him as Minister of Workplace Relations and Safety. He had an entirely inappropriate relationship over a sustained period of time. It was his role as minister to set ethical standards in a workplace and he has not maintained those standards. He showed a long term lack of judgement over a period of time. He has not modelled behaviour in keeping with his office.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...e-relationship

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Jacinda Ardern has fired Ian Lees-Galloway because he has not modelled he behaviour she expected from him as Minister of Workplace Relations and Safety. He had an entirely inappropriate relationship over a sustained period of time. It was his role as minister to set ethical standards in a workplace and he has not maintained those standards. He showed a long term lack of judgement over a period of time. He has not modelled behaviour in keeping with his office.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...e-relationship
    Wait now for more revelations to come out.

What a shambles for Comrade Cindy - first she under-reacts towards the summer camp scandal and now she appears to have over-reacted to an affair before checking if the female in question is similar to the woman who entrapped Mayor Len Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Interesting line of questioning from some reporters about whether the PM is aware of other inappropriate relationships of Ministers. Parliament has always been a hotbed of sexual hijinks, you can bet the Press Gallery know about plenty more!
    Jacinda Ardern said she was not aware of the rumours and allegations when asked by the Press. She said "However in many cases these are allegations are not true."
    She said this was the first time she had heard such allegations about Iain Lees-Galloway. The allegation came from a third party not the woman herself. She did not know the third party.

She was acting on a confirmed situation and discussed it with the Minister. She said “I deal with the circumstances that are presented to me.” It was not a current relationship, it was a historical situation. She said "regardless of the circumstances, ultimately I would have done the same thing, circumstances that justify action. I don’t want to get drawn into hypotheticals. I don't want to respond to unconfirmed rumours. I was acting on a confirmed situation."

Guru

Jacinda Ardern said she was not aware of the rumours and allegations when asked by the Press. She said "However in many cases these are allegations are not true."
    She said this was the first time she had heard such allegations about Iain Lees-Galloway. The allegation came from a third party not the woman herself. She did not know the third party.

She was acting on a confirmed situation and discussed it with the Minister. She said “I deal with the circumstances that are presented to me.” It was not a current relationship, it was a historical situation. She said "regardless of the circumstances, ultimately I would have done the same thing, circumstances that justify action. I don’t want to get drawn into hypotheticals. I don't want to respond to unconfirmed rumours. I was acting on a confirmed situation."
    Yep, I watched the press conference too. Doesn't change the situation regarding the Press Gallery knowing about a lot more.

Advanced Member

Barry Soper saying she must have been the last person in the Labour Party to know about this . Good to see her finally clearing out the deadwood ... Twyford must be walking on eggshells .

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Wait now for more revelations to come out.

What a shambles for Comrade Cindy - first she under-reacts towards the summer camp scandal and now she appears to have over-reacted to an affair before checking if the female in question is similar to the woman who entrapped Mayor Len Brown?
    I note that when dealing with inappropriate sexual behaviour by men how quickly the focus moves from the man = the perpetrator, to the woman = the victim. It also applies to Jacinda Ardern when she responds to inappropriate sexual behaviour. In the summer camp scandal she was not the appropriate person to deal with it (under-react), and in this case she was (over-react.)
    It becomes a no win situation, where women are over-reacting or under-reacting, so the focus moves from the perpetrator of the inappropriate behaviour to the female who has made him into a victim (entrapped him) by expecting him to be accountable for his behaviour.

Guru

I note that when dealing with inappropriate sexual behaviour by men how quickly the focus moves from the man = the perpetrator, to the woman = the victim. It also applies to Jacinda Ardern when she responds to inappropriate sexual behaviour. In the summer camp scandal she was not the appropriate person to deal with it (under-react), and in this case she was (over-react.)
    It becomes a no win situation, where women are over-reacting or under-reacting, so the focus moves from the perpetrator of the inappropriate behaviour to the female who has made him into a victim (entrapped him) by expecting him to be accountable for his behaviour.
    Or then you have moka trying to shift the perspective of Ardern as victim for having to deal with it

What convoluted bollocks moka!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    If you keep using "woke" you risk being a bit of a try hard - think Chris Bishop, Hamish Walker, Aaron Gilmore, Andrew Falloon.
    I'm sorry but I omitted Jami-Lee Ross!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I think you will find that it was the deputy PM that used that term so best you be off and have a chat to Winston if you are so concerned.
    Not concerned merely an observation - I omitted Jami-Lee Ross from above.