sharetrader
Page 529 of 697 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533539579629 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,290 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Moka. Seriously. Do you think chief BULLY Trevor Mallard has got any authority when speaking about these matters ? He should not be in the position he is in today, full stop. He is the worst and most biased Speaker I've ever seen in Parliament.
    I think you are shooting the messenger and not addressing the issue of misconduct and bullying that is rife in Parliament as per the Francis Report. You have just deflected the discussion onto the behaviour of one person, ignoring the bigger issue. Trevor Mallard has acknowledged his past behaviour was inappropriate and says he has improved. And that is progress. If he goes how many others should go? A code of conduct is a start.

This article discusses the flaws in the way the Speaker is selected which is archaic, unfair and unacceptable in falling well short of meeting acceptable constitutional standards. In short, there is a drastic need for reform.
    https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...aments-referee
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2019/05/speaker-trevor-mallard-acknowledges-his-behaviour-hasn-t-been-perfect-after-bullying-review.html

But don’t expect reform of the Speaker’s role – or any other parliamentary procedure – any time soon, says Danyl Mclauchlan. He argues it’s not in the interest of the government and nor will it be in the interest of the next government – because they always benefit from the backward arrangements – see: How the Bennett vs Mallard standoff exposes a paradox at the heart of politics.
    https://eveningreport.nz/2019/05/22/...of-parliament/

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is the sad thing for me Balance. It is like the posters admiring the Current NZF run Government, do not realise that we are probably watching the biggest transfer of wealth from the "poor" to the "rich" (for want of better words) we've seen in our lifetimes. Very sad and will get worse.
    Unemployment will sky rocket from September onwards and bankruptcies will reach unprecedented levels in 2021 & 2022.
    Yes, there will be a big transfer of wealth from the "poor" to the "rich", but it will happen no matter which party is in power, and it will be worse under National. It is not happening because of the policies of the current government but because of a global pandemic which doesn't differentiate between a democracy or dictatorship.
    Capitalism needs to be tempered with a strong government with a focus on social welfare and consumer protection to offset the disadvantages of capitalism. Capitalism is an unstable system and crises are a regular occurence because of this.
    But neoliberalism, the so-called free market advocates for less government and less regulation so the rich can take advantage and exploit opportunities especially when there is a crisis = transfer what little the poor have to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Yes, there will be a big transfer of wealth from the "poor" to the "rich", but it will happen no matter which party is in power, and it will be worse under National. It is not happening because of the policies of the current government but because of a global pandemic which doesn't differentiate between a democracy or dictatorship.
    Capitalism needs to be tempered with a strong government with a focus on social welfare and consumer protection to offset the disadvantages of capitalism. Capitalism is an unstable system and crises are a regular occurence because of this.
    But neoliberalism, the so-called free market advocates for less government and less regulation so the rich can take advantage and exploit opportunities especially when there is a crisis = transfer what little the poor have to themselves.
    Breeding beneficiaries = this government’s version of countering the excesses of capitalism.

Breeding beneficiaries = entrenching their vote base of losers.

Let’s DO this!
    Last edited by Balance; 27-07-2020 at 03:01 PM.

Advanced Member

Balance I get the impression you are a pale old stale male you wouldn’t be one of those beneficiary losers you refer to ie an oldie on the pension - you do realise they are the biggest beneficiary class after all.

You really are the personification of a nasty old right winger, which say a lot on a site like this.

I suspect irregardless of the performance of the current government you would put the boot into ‘comrade Cindy’ for simply breathing should you get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    Balance I get the impression you are a pale old stale male you wouldn’t be one of those beneficiary losers you refer to ie an oldie on the pension - you do realise they are the biggest beneficiary class after all.

You really are the personification of a nasty old right winger, which say a lot on a site like this.

I suspect irregardless of the performance of the current government you would put the boot into ‘comrade Cindy’ for simply breathing should you get the chance.
    When I get my super, it will be an entitlement from the taxes I have been paying from the decades of working productively, and NEVER drawing a cent from social welfarism.

The truth hurts, does it not that Comrade Cindy has delivered bugger all against the huge promises made in 2017 because outside of Covid-19, she heads a government of incompetent nincompoops.

And every excuse has been used by Labour to breed beneficiaries and in turn, their voter base.

You may be fooled and blind to it but don’t assume we all are so naive and blinded by woke pixie star dust not to see it.

Kiwibuild - less than 5% built out of the 16,000 promised. How far wrong can anyone get? How incompetent can anyone get to produce such a result?
    Last edited by Balance; 27-07-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Advanced Member

Not sure where to start in response to that diatribe.

I will take a quote from those pixie fairy’s you are so fond of ‘ok boomer .....’

Legend

Superannuation is not a benefit.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 27-07-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Breeding beneficiaries = this government’s version of countering the excesses of capitalism.

Breeding beneficiaries = entrenching their vote base of losers.

Let’s DO this!
    Employers who claimed the wage subsidy are beneficiaries too aren't they?

Advanced Member

About right too boysy!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Superannuation is not a benefit.
    Maybe not but a benefit in drag all the same. Comes out of the same budget I'm guessing.