sharetrader
Page 543 of 697 FirstFirst ... 43443493533539540541542543544545546547553593643 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,430 of 6963
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Woke - you stole from Hosking and Pixie dust from Bill English so who is the one without original thought now? As for the Hitler comparison its not only weird but distasteful -I'm surprised the site Moderator hasn't given you a Red card.
    That would be ridiculous, especially as Balance did not make any comparison to Hitler. Have a proper read.

Balance said:
    Regurgitating the same garbage & excuses one Labourite after another - like Hitler’s faithful followers used to do.
    I think that statement clearly implies a comparison of Jacinda to Hitler. Which was ridiculous, so you got that bit right.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    That would be ridiculous, especially as Balance did not make any comparison to Hitler. Have a proper read.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 01-08-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Balance said:

I think that statement clearly implies a comparison of Jacinda to Hitler. Which was ridiculous, so you got that bit right.
    The comparison is between someone (?) and Hitler's followers; not Hitler himself. (Post 5407)
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 01-08-2020 at 02:55 PM.

Not surprising that you would see it that way. People interpret comments differently, based on the perspective they are seeing it from.

The comparison is between someone (?) and Hitler's followers; not Hitler himself. (Post 5407)

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    That’s the best you can do, boomer?

Pathetic you lot really are - so woke pixie dusted you cannot even have a view of your own?

Regurgitating the same garbage & excuses one Labourite after another - like Hitler’s faithful followers used to do.

Popular does not = good for the country.
    Comparison is very clear indeed, fungus pudding

but sadly,

as is often quoted, there is none as blind as those with eyes but will not see and none as misled as those with brains but cannot comprehend!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Not surprising that you would see it that way. People interpret comments differently, based on the perspective they are seeing it from.
    Perspective doesn't come into it. It's a clear unambiguous statement. An average level of comprehension is all that is required to understand it. I'm not sure how it could be interpreted differently.

N.B. Just in case you are talking about a different post, here is the unambiguous comment I am talking about.

"Regurgitating the same garbage & excuses one Labourite after another - like Hitler’s faithful followers used to do."
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 01-08-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Bringing Hitler into the equation in the first place shows a serious lack of judgement IMO. I find any comparison to Hitler and/or Hitlers followers extremely distasteful. This thread has certainly become very toxic and a platform for what is quite frankly bullying behaviour from some posters. I dont need to read this crap and will no longer be following this thread.

Well then, I will let someone else attempt to explain it to you because I have a bunch of lovely elderly folk I need to go take care of, who are far more important and deserving of my time than never ending, pointless discussions like this.

Perspective doesn't come into it. It's a clear unambiguous statement. An average level of comprehension is all that is required to understand it. I'm not sure how it could be interpreted differently.

N.B. Just in case you are talking about a different post, here is the unambiguous comment I am talking about.

"Regurgitating the same garbage & excuses one Labourite after another - like Hitler’s faithful followers used to do."

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Bringing Hitler into the equation in the first place shows a serious lack of judgement IMO. I find any comparison to Hitler and/or Hitlers followers extremely distasteful. This thread has certainly become very toxic and a platform for what is quite frankly bullying behaviour from some posters. I dont need to read this crap and will no longer be following this thread.
    Awesome, you are exercising your right not to follow this thread. Simple isn't it. Nothing wrong with bringing Hitler into the equation though. If you can't bring Hitler in, you cant bring Stalin in, neither Mao, or Che, or Obama. Does not really make sense to me.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Awesome, you are exercising your right not to follow this thread. Simple isn't it. Nothing wrong with bringing Hitler into the equation though. If you can't bring Hitler in, you cant bring Stalin in, neither Mao, or Che, or Obama. Does not really make sense to me.
    .......don't mention the war!