sharetrader
Page 55 of 697 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155555 ... LastLast
    IMO

Dream on , it won't happen, and that was such a pathetic 60 min interview as many others are saying. 60 min used to be a great current affairs programme, becoming more click bait, trumpy like now unfort. You do sound a bit desperate there BP, maybe try some collaborating rather than diviseness, could be a tonic for you and great for your country

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Dream on , it won't happen, and that was such a pathetic 60 min interview as many others are saying. 60 min used to be a great current affairs programme, becoming more click bait, trumpy like now unfort. You do sound a bit desperate there BP, maybe try some collaborating rather than diviseness, could be a tonic for you and great for your country
    ....so why did Jacinda say she would just say no in the first place
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Well, this is even considering your usual standards a remarkable thoughtless reply from you. I never referred to any interview - so what is your response about? Might pay for you to review your usual posting process. I'd recommend something like
    1) read the post you want to respond to
    2) process the information (i.e. think)
    3) Respond (but only if you can add value)

You are welcome
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

Sorry im not in your controlled world BP

Looks like Bridges and Bennett. She had enough numbers to hold her position, not a good look for their party unfortunately imo. They really needed to refresh totally but hey i guess some are holding back until after the next election to have a crack at the opposition leadership then.

Legend

Sorry im not in your controlled world BP

Looks like Bridges and Bennett. She had enough numbers to hold her position, not a good look for their party unfortunately imo. They really needed to refresh totally but hey i guess some are holding back until after the next election to have a crack at the opposition leadership then.
    "Hyperbowl" Bennett brought some votes for Bridges with her to the selection process, maybe that was the deal. She looks a bit try-hard in the recent photos, and Bridges on TV3 this morning had to repeat several words that he'd mangled. I don't think either of them, in tandem or singly, will make much of an impression on the Labour/Green/NZFirst juggernaut. National's still out in the cold, relatively powerless. Bridges will probably stay for a while, I'm not so sure about Bennett. There's still her dirty laundry from the last election that hasn't been sorted out.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    "Hyperbowl" Bennett brought some votes for Bridges with her to the selection process, maybe that was the deal. She looks a bit try-hard in the recent photos, and Bridges on TV3 this morning had to repeat several words that he'd mangled. I don't think either of them, in tandem or singly, will make much of an impression on the Labour/Green/NZFirst juggernaut. National's still out in the cold, relatively powerless. Bridges will probably stay for a while, I'm not so sure about Bennett. There's still her dirty laundry from the last election that hasn't been sorted out.
    I'm pleased you think politicians should learn to speak properly. That's one point where we agree. Bridges is a shocker. If you really want to do your bit, you could get Jacinda to pronounce 'women' properly (wimmin is the correct pronunciation). She pronounces it as the singular 'woman'. I cringe everytime she mentions the word.
    I also agree that Bridges and Bennett won't make much of an impression on Labour. Twyford and Hipkins will do more harm than they could ever do.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I'm pleased you think politicians should learn to speak properly. That's one point where we agree. Bridges is a shocker. If you really want to do your bit, you could get Jacinda to pronounce 'women' properly (wimmin is the correct pronunciation). She pronounces it as the singular 'woman'. I cringe everytime she mentions the word.
    I also agree that Bridges and Bennett won't make much of an impression on Labour. Twyford and Hipkins will do more harm than they could ever do.
    Pronunciation, get used to it http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/...ectid=12002280 Arnold is now history.

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Well, looks like Nationals strategy works out. I guess while Bridges and Bennett are clearly not the best National has to offer, they are still orders of magnitude better than the straw man which Labour used as leader for the better part of the last term. Feel free to use up all your poison against them .... the real National leader and next PM will be appointed six weeks prior to the next elections ;p - always good to learn from the opposition.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

On a hiding to nothing unfortunately. The national base will desert in droves imo, its looking like a 3 term labour govt already esp with two spuds at nationals helm.

Guru

On a hiding to nothing unfortunately. The national base will desert in droves imo, its looking like a 3 term labour govt already esp with two spuds at nationals helm.

SO where does the National base desert to JT. I can't see many going to the COL. Only leaves ACT. Not too many will go there. So tell us where they will go since you appear so well informed.