sharetrader
Page 565 of 697 FirstFirst ... 65465515555561562563564565566567568569575615665 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,650 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Media: And what kind of symptoms are the cases showing? Are they quite severe symptoms?
    Dr Ashley Bloomfield: So the person who presented as the first case did have fever, a cough—you know, so quite noticeable symptoms. The partner of that person also had obvious symptoms—in fact, that preceded that of the case that we diagnosed first.

page 6 if you really must...11/8

https://www.beehive.govt.nz/feature/covid-19-updates
    Thanks - I didn't know where that information was stored.
    So the 2nd case showed obvious symptoms before the 1st case.
    Doesn't mean that the 2nd person was the 1st case which was where the poster on BFD was heading (if i read that correctly).

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Thanks - I didn't know where that information was stored.
    So the 2nd case showed obvious symptoms before the 1st case.
    Doesn't mean that the 2nd person was the 1st case which was where the poster on BFD was heading (if i read that correctly).
    Observing how strident Hipkins was at decrying the post suggests an attempt to shut the discussion down.

Maybe he needs to have a word with his DPM who promoted the same scenario & posting? Wonder why Cindy & he did not. 🤔

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Observing how strident Hipkins was at decrying the post suggests an attempt to shut the discussion down.

Maybe he needs to have a word with his DPM who promoted the same scenario & posting? Wonder why Cindy & he did not. ��
    He did clarify his point that people needed to be careful what they read - there is so much rubbish out there.
    As for Winnie - he's just being Winnie unfortunately. He wears many hats but the main one these days is for NZ1st - putting himself before NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    He did clarify his point that people needed to be careful what they read - there is so much rubbish out there.
    As for Winnie - he's just being Winnie unfortunately. He wears many hats but the main one these days is for NZ1st - putting himself before NZ.
    And Labour is happy for Winnie to behave like that without saying a single word?

So much for the working coalition then - the one where Cindy says she trusts Winnie.

Anything to stay in power.

BTW - Hipkins was adamant that the post was an orchestrated attempt. If he is so sure, identify the culprits. I received the offending post, read it, thought it was possible, could be easily checked and waited for the media to start asking questions (which they did). Hipkins’ reaction was way over the top.
    Last edited by Balance; 17-08-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    The thing that gets me about all these insinuations that the Director General or a minister is lying, is it is never explained what the benefit is from the lie.

If the index case wasn’t really the index case, why was the lie told? It just becomes grand conspiracy after grand conspiracy with no explation of what the aim of the grand conspiracy was.

It also the usual anti-government conspiracy where they can’t organise their way out of a paper bag, but they can create a grand web of lies and no one from the MOH is blabbing to the media about this fabrication.

1. Lie about covid
    2. ???????
    3. Profit?
    I very much doubt that Minister Hipkins is lying. Not deliberately anyway. Way too risky. But he might very well be using a carefully crafted statement. Not in itself a problem, becauses atm there seem to be many issues not fully determined on several fronts. And on the 'rumour' he picked out some bits and said they were false. He can't have said every single word was false because there was obviously some truth in the post even if someone out there read between the lines. To coin a phrase.

I guess there will be some information requests in the House and (more likely) OIA.

Guru

The thing that gets me about all these insinuations that the Director General or a minister is lying, is it is never explained what the benefit is from the lie.

If the index case wasn’t really the index case, why was the lie told? It just becomes grand conspiracy after grand conspiracy with no explation of what the aim of the grand conspiracy was.

It also the usual anti-government conspiracy where they can’t organise their way out of a paper bag, but they can create a grand web of lies and no one from the MOH is blabbing to the media about this fabrication.

1. Lie about covid
    2. ???????
    3. Profit?
    Has the concept of politicians covering their arse never occurred to you?

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Has the concept of politicians covering their arse never occurred to you?
    Politicians not 100% honest? Tell me it’s not true. I am just a naive soul.

i think my point was really in relation to the supposed lies of the past few days. That is that there were positive tests out there earlier but the government was covering it up, and that the index case was misidentified. And I guess also that the government knew there cases out there so was telling people to wear masks before announcing a positive case.

In all of those cases, I can’t see the benefit for the government. The risk of being found out is very high and there is no real benefit.

I’m certainly not saying that the government will never mislead or obfuscate, but outright lies about easily verifiable facts are going to be much less common.

Politicians not 100% honest? Tell me it’s not true.
    60% testing = ‘wasn’t completely accurate’ gives you an idea of how Chris Hipkins views honesty & the truth in matters of public safety & accountability.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12357320

"We were told several weeks ago that weekly testing of Jet Park staff was happening. It's clear that wasn't completely accurate," Hipkins said.

"That was advice that came from the Ministry of Health."

BUT

And he says he still has confidence in the Ministry of Health, even though he was wrongly told "several weeks ago" that staff managing positive cases at the Jet Park Hotel were being tested weekly.

Guess he doesn’t want anyone to question how his government has failed 95% (is not completely met) to deliver on the Huge 2017 Election Promises? 🤣
    Last edited by Balance; 17-08-2020 at 08:48 PM.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...ion-over-tests

Good luck trying to get to the truth with this government - they only know spin when they stuff up.

Ardern on Thursday, at a press conference with Bloomfield, gave assurances workers at quarantine facilities were being tested weekly.

“If you work outside of that [quarantine facilities], it’s a slightly longer rotation but still frequent,” she said.
    Last edited by Balance; 17-08-2020 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Media: And what kind of symptoms are the cases showing? Are they quite severe symptoms?
    Dr Ashley Bloomfield: So the person who presented as the first case did have fever, a cough—you know, so quite noticeable symptoms. The partner of that person also had obvious symptoms—in fact, that preceded that of the case that we diagnosed first.

page 6 if you really must...11/8

https://www.beehive.govt.nz/feature/covid-19-updates
    Thank you blackcap great link, full of facts and information and not just opinion, a lot easier to read a transcript than listen to the Press Conferences at the time.

PRESS CONFERENCE: SUNDAY, 16 AUGUST 2020
    Media: Minister, I just have a couple of questions. We must be around 100,000 tests now provided since 12 August. How are our stocks of the swabs? How many more days will we have them ready for?
    Hon Chris Hipkins: So we had—I don’t think we’re quite at the 100,000 mark, but certainly we’re moving up exponentially at that kind of testing rate. When we began this, we had 280,000 test kits on hand ready to go, and, of course, we are moving them around if we need to, to make sure that they’re in the right place, and new supplies are added all of the time. So the director-general may have the latest update on supplies coming in, but we certainly don’t stop adding to the supply. We’ve continued to add to the supply as we use it.
    Dr Ashley Bloomfield: The only other comment I will make is, as we found earlier in this outbreak, often the supply chains are—because the makers, particularly of the reagent, are balancing it right across the globe; so we’re not, sort of, allowed to carry hundreds of thousands of test supplies, but we had a very good stock and very good supply chains for all the different lab platforms and also the swabs.
    Dr Ashley Bloomfield: We’ll just emphasise what the Minister said earlier on: sometimes it’s taking up to 48 hours to process the volume of tests. There is a backlog, and not surprising, given we have hit 100,000 since 1 August; so that’s a large volume of testing.
    There’s then also the checking of the results, the processing, and the reporting back.