sharetrader
Page 567 of 697 FirstFirst ... 67467517557563564565566567568569570571577617667 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 6963

deleted deleted
    Last edited by Balance; 18-08-2020 at 06:49 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Collins will be fishing. Just like Melissa Lee did with Clare Curran. Dont hit them straight away. Give them enough so that they step right into it and then WHAM.
    Had thought the same myself. seemingly innocuous questions leading to a bigger picture.

Genuine question - has anyone changed their view (or is anyone brave enough to admit it) on Covid (or any other political position - i.e. success/failure of current or previous government) based on what they've read on this forum?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ten View Post
    Genuine question - has anyone changed their view (or is anyone brave enough to admit it) on Covid (or any other political position - i.e. success/failure of current or previous government) based on what they've read on this forum?
    Yes my views have changed, ShareTrader is a melting pot for diverse views and varying degrees of passive through strident discussion, few of whom will ever agree other than they have endless time available to harp into the Internet. Originally I thought it was about investing or trading the share market, whereas now it seems more a platform for the otherwise lonely and voiceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Yes my views have changed, ShareTrader is a melting pot for diverse views and varying degrees of passive through strident discussion, few of whom will ever agree other than they have endless time available to harp into the Internet. Originally I thought it was about investing or trading the share market, whereas now it seems more a platform for the otherwise lonely and voiceless.
    Eh - notice the title of the thread?

Sounds like you have been trying to catch snapper in the Waikato River. 🤣

It’s ok - understandable when your head is choked full of spin from Cindy.

This is where you go for discussions about investing or trading the market. https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?5-NZX
    Last edited by Balance; 18-08-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Eh - notice the title of the thread?

Sounds like you have been trying to catch snapper in the Waikato River. 🤣

It’s ok - understandable when your head is choked full of spin from Cindy.

This is where you go for discussions about investing or trading the market. https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?5-NZX
    Yeah nah, seems you lump anyone with a different view into the “sheep” camp whereas I wouldn’t give her the time of day. And you’re so rude about it.

Anyway, bless you have the time to be relentless, early morning to late at night, a lone wolf with no life outside your vitriolic bubble of hatred barking into the internet like anyone gives a toss what you think or say.

Surprised you took the bait first? Not.

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    Can you explain to me; how you expect a party in opposition to progress the building of bridges?
    National weren't in opposition when they made the promise in 2015. Bridges didn't deliver the bridges.

But Transport Minister Simon Bridges reaffirmed his 2015 "10 Bridges" commitment to Northland and promised the bridges would be built - with one exception.
    The promise to turn 10 one-way bridges in Northland into double-lane bridges was made during the 2015 byelection which saw NZ First's Winston Peters take the seat from National.
    National lost the byelection but said it would stand by its promise to build bridges which had not been priority projects on NZTA's list of roading projects.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=11919885

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Yeah nah, seems you lump anyone with a different view into the “sheep” camp whereas I wouldn’t give her the time of day. And you’re so rude about it.

Anyway, bless you have the time to be relentless, early morning to late at night, a lone wolf with no life outside your vitriolic bubble of hatred barking into the internet like anyone gives a toss what you think or say.

Surprised you took the bait first? Not.
    You obviously have not heard of the phrase : ‘If you want something done, give it to a busy person.’

On that note, I will leave you to wonder about the meaning of your life.

Peace and love, hugs and be kind etc etc 😁

James Shaw speaking out strongly.
    According to James Shaw, his political opponents were using Covid as an excuse to call for a delay.
    “We have been incredibly disappointed to see the National and other small parties continue to use the weekend to bang on about what would suit them best politically when it comes to the election day date,” he said in a statement.
    “Frankly, many New Zealanders would have heard loud and clear that these parties prioritise their potential electoral successes over the health of our communities, and the strength of our democratic institutions”.
    Act leader David Seymour said in a Tweet that “delaying the election was the only option to ensure a free and fair contest”.
    https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/17...by-four-weeks/

Alex Braae says - So as a final point, I don’t often go out of my way to praise individual politicians – quite the opposite in fact – and this is entirely my personal opinion. But I would like to give a word of support for the PM’s decision to delay the election. She has willingly risked the possibility of losing some of her partisan political advantage, and in doing so created fairer and more democratic conditions for all parties, and for voters. Not every politician in her position would have done the right thing like that.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/the-bulleti...lection-delay/