sharetrader
Page 568 of 697 FirstFirst ... 68468518558564565566567568569570571572578618668 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,680 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ten View Post
    Genuine question - has anyone changed their view (or is anyone brave enough to admit it) on Covid (or any other political position - i.e. success/failure of current or previous government) based on what they've read on this forum?
    I haven’t changed my views, but I have expanded my knowledge thanks to those who post informative comments and useful links. I would have expected the discussion to be of a higher quality considering that many on here are well-educated and knowledgeable, own businesses or work at a high level in management or in a profession. Telling people they are stupid and calling them sheep if you disagree does not contribute to an intelligent discussion. Some people are not open-minded. And I think it is getting worse.

Guru

well that didn't last long:

8 August "When people ask, is this a COVID election, my answer is yes, it is."

18 August Newshub Headline: Clash with Collins: PM calls for politics to be taken 'out of the COVID-19 response'

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    well that didn't last long:

8 August "When people ask, is this a COVID election, my answer is yes, it is."

18 August Newshub Headline: Clash with Collins: PM calls for politics to be taken 'out of the COVID-19 response'
    Try the latest spin from Cindy & her team of incompetents now that Covid-19 is biting them on their bum :

‘The problem is the virus, not people. People is the solution.’

If anyone can make sense of this, please elaborate for those of us who cannot understand spin. 🤪

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Try the latest spin from Cindy & her team of incompetents now that Covid-19 is biting them on their bum :

‘The problem is the virus, not people. People is the solution.’

If anyone can make sense of this, please elaborate for those of us who cannot understand spin. ��
    You don't understand context do you?
    That was said when people on social media were having a go at people with covid.
    It had gotten to the point where just having a test made you a target.
    The people aren't the problem - the virus is.
    Simple enough for you?

PS - it is people ARE the solution.

Guru

Didn't take long for Collins' line of questioning in the house to have found its mark

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...ntil-last-week

Now Webb is further exposing Ardern's porkies in the House yesterday. His version in no way aligns with Ardern's.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Didn't take long for Collins' line of questioning in the house to have found its mark

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...ntil-last-week

Now Webb is further exposing Ardern's porkies in the House yesterday. His version in no way aligns with Ardern's.
    Jacinda is slowly but inexorably walking her way into a net that will result in Labour losing the upcoming election.

Legend

Jacinda is slowly but inexorably walking her way into a net that will result in Labour losing the upcoming election.
    Not so. Labour will win easily thanks largely to Jacinda's charisma, which is pretty much all they have to offer.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Not so. Labour will win easily thanks largely to Jacinda's charisma, which is pretty much all they have to offer.
    That charisma can also be eroded quickly and turn into something else if enough of the public start seeing through her B/S. Time will tell.

2 months is a long time in politics.

Advanced Member

Worked for Teflon John - mr smile wave and no substance, those nationalities on here screaming each day on this forum. If anyone is a paid troll across the political forums we know they are right of the mark and fairly unbalanced at present ....

Legend

That charisma can also be eroded quickly and turn into something else if enough of the public start seeing through her B/S. Time will tell.

2 months is a long time in politics.
    It is, but adding to Labour's chances is Nat's appointment of Judith Collins.