sharetrader
Page 572 of 697 FirstFirst ... 72472522562568569570571572573574575576582622672 ... LastLast
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Remember this, that gut will churn even more? Jacinda is the definition of duplicitous. She comes accross so nice but underneath it all there is something. I cant quite put a finger on it but it is dark, murky and downright nasty.

Mr Patrick Gower: "Jacinda Ardern; you haven't been tested on these trust issues that Bill English has been confronted with, but if you are caught in a lie, or caught intentionally misleading the New Zealand public, how would you expect to be held to account?
    Ms Jacinda Ardern: "Well, I actually believe that it is possible to exist in politics without lieing, and by telling the truth, I do believe that, and I have been in politics for nine years. Yes; politicians make mistakes but a true mark of leadership is whether you front those mistakes, uhm, be as transparent as possible with the public when you make them: that's the sign of good leadership."
    Mr Gower: "You've never told a lie in politics?"
    Ms Ardern: "No. No, and if I have made a mistake I've fronted it, and I'm going to make them in the future too; Paddy, let's be clear, but it's all about fronting them when you do."
    https://thebfd.co.nz/2019/09/14/jacinda-never-lies/

Actually, she is a compulsive liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Ever heard about mutation?
    my understanding is that mutation would not prevent the genome from being identifiable.

still I'm not an epidemiologist or a geneticist but I saw them talking about the genomes and it struck that what they were saying was very much like blockchain!
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Ever heard about mutation?
    Yes
    If you know about mutations you'd know that the current cluster is a mutation of a version we saw here some time ago but not like anything through the border recently.
    So, what was your point?

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Yes
    If you know about mutations you'd know that the current cluster is a mutation of a version we saw here some time ago but not like anything through the border recently.
    So, what was your point?
    Could be a new mutation.

This virus is such an unknown according to Cindy - that’s why the government is finding it hard to control without resorting to lockdowns each and every time if there’s an outbreak.

Like using aspirin for everything.

Guru

Could be a new mutation.

This virus is such an unknown according to Cindy
    Could be, but not from anything that has crossed the border recently.
    They don't mutate that far, and don't mutate backwards.
    You're clutching.
    Last edited by dobby41; 21-08-2020 at 05:53 PM.

Guru

So where are things at with Ihumatao? How come Cindy's so quiet after throwing a spanner in the works for Fletchers?

She couldn't be scared about another Foreshore and Seabed debacle could she? Wouldn't want to lose those Maori seats. Or alienate a good proportion of the public if she craps all over the Treaty Settlement process. What a can of worms she opened.

Why is the media so subservient and not badgering her at least weekly?

Advanced Member

God National really must be flailing about with the vitriol on this forum - this forum is being overrun by what no doubt are angry pale male stale men - I suspect the next political poll will show how ineffective Collins and tin foil hat Brownlee are in the eyes of the majority of NZs.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    God National really must be flailing about with the vitriol on this forum - this forum is being overrun by what no doubt are angry pale male stale men - I suspect the next political poll will show how ineffective Collins and tin foil hat Brownlee are in the eyes of the majority of NZs.
    More identity politics. Keep your racist, bigoted views to when the people you insult can look you in the eye. Oh and by the way...I didn't vote National last election.

The "vitriol" has been brought upon the Cynical One by her own actions. No one enjoys being bullshi**ed to, especially while the bullshi**ers are running up intergenerational debt.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Whatever. . Gender has nothing to do with it. She gets the criticism because it is deserved. If It were Andrew Little as PM I am sure he would be getting the same amount of "abuse". (David ****liffe anyone?) Obama was a creep too. He gets as much as Jacinda does from my perspective.
    What has Obama got to do with this thread? Or for that matter anything else connected to NZ politics
    Calling any public figure a creep on line shows a complete lack of common decency in my opinion. If
    that is the best you can do you haven't much of an argument.

westerly

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    What has Obama got to do with this thread? Or for that matter anything else connected to NZ politics
    Calling any public figure a creep on line shows a complete lack of common decency in my opinion. If
    that is the best you can do you haven't much of an argument.

westerly
    Methinks you're being a little precious westerly. Have a look at the US presidential thread for the comments thrown at Trump (a public figure) or closer to home, John Key. I agree, it would be nice if we could lift the bar, but with the standards being set by those meant to be leading us, the bar is low. Especially in terms of honesty and transparency with Ardern.

Her cynicism expressed by claiming the high ground while shafting the general populace will be her undoing. I'm happy to beat that drum. I consider it a national service (pun intended)